Profile for gitaday > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

gitaday "Gitaday" RSS Feed (Tulsa, Okla)

Page: 1 | 2
August: Osage County [HD]
August: Osage County [HD]
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing, but Meryl Streep shines again!, April 19, 2014
I guess it would look strange to give Ms. Streep an Academy Award for every movie she has been in but she is an incredible actor. I normally don't care for Julia Roberts or Juliette Lewis but they were great dressed down with little makeup to do these parts. Margo Martindale gives Meryl a run for her money but all the men steal the show. Sam Shepard, Chris Cooper, Dermot Mulroney, Ewan McGregor and Benedict Cumberbatch are one of the best male roles ensembles I have ever seen in any movie.

Can't Keep It Inside
Can't Keep It Inside
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving!, April 19, 2014
This review is from: Can't Keep It Inside (MP3 Music)
Who knew the multi talented Mr. Cumberbatch could sing and play piano? Short, but sweet, I loved this scene in August: Osage County. This man can play a part in anything!

Grimm Season 3 [HD]
Grimm Season 3 [HD]
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Who would have thought?, April 18, 2014
The premise for this show sounds outlandish and ridiculous in the extreme. After the first few episodes you fall in love with the actors and their roles and from drama to comedy this is really good television. I was arm twisted into watching the first few episodes, lost a bet, and now I am a huge fan. Give it a try.

The Americans Season 2 [HD]
The Americans Season 2 [HD]
Price: $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best on TV., April 18, 2014
I love Matthew Rhys. He is a great actor and phenomenal in this show. Think Bourne Identity plus Mad Men. New and innovative, this show is set in the seventies and tells the story of the Cold War and the Russian spies who lived undercover in the US for years. Graham Yost is producing which should be enough to get you to watch the first season. You will soon be hooked.

Justified Season 5 [HD]
Justified Season 5 [HD]
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best writing on TV, March 17, 2014
Elmore Leonard is a genius. He finally found a part to showcase Timothy Olyphant's acting. I never would have guessed that I, of all people, would become addicted to a show like this.

Girlfriend in a Coma
Girlfriend in a Coma
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to see Benedict!, February 21, 2014
When I saw that Benedict Cumberbatch was the "star" of this movie I immediately rented it. However, he only narrates! He has a great voice but I felt cheated as being the "star" usually means watching him. The story was okay but seemed offensive at times towards Italy. Save your money if you have already seen everything he has done on Amazon. If you haven't go straight to "Hawking", "Amazing Grace", The Fifth Estate","12 Years a Slave" , "Star Trek into Darkness" and my personal favorites, of course, "Sherlock" and "Parades End". We are seeing the meteoric rise of the new Laurence Oliver, Anthony Hopkins, Ian McCellan, and other incredible actors from the past.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2014 8:46 AM PDT

Sherlock, Season 3 [HD]
Sherlock, Season 3 [HD]
Price: $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No show better than "Sherlock"!, February 19, 2014
I just watched the first season last December as a recommendation from my son. I was amazed at the writing and casting in this show. It is intelligent enough to engage adults and techie enough for teenagers. I was worried a new, young version of Sherlock and Watson would be cheesy and thinly plotted. It turns out to be a tour de force of incredible acting and writing. Season 2 and 3 keep getting better than ever. Do yourself a favor and start watching this show.

Chicago Fire Season 2
Chicago Fire Season 2
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic!, February 19, 2014
I will watch Jesse Spencer and Taylor Kinney in anything. I wasn't sure what their chemistry would be together but they have made "Chicago Fire" into a most loved new show for me. The whole cast is wonderful and each character has their own storyline weaved beautifully into a modern day firehouse and all that happens on and off the job. I haven't met anyone who watches weekly who doesn't love it.

Parade's End Season 1 [HD]
Parade's End Season 1 [HD]
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I admit to loving Cumberbatch!, February 17, 2014
I watched to see him and loved this mini series. It is based on a group of books and would never be good in a regular movie. However, doing five episodes covered the story very well. Cumberbatch has the "acting chops" to pull off about any role, but he is spectacular in this! The whole cast was superb. My heart belongs to "Sherlock" but I truly loved this.

Innocence: A Novel
Innocence: A Novel
by Dean Koontz
Price: $15.49
224 used & new from $3.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't expect the quality of his "The Corner of His Eye"., February 17, 2014
This review is from: Innocence: A Novel (Hardcover)
"The Corner of his Eye" was a huge turn for Koontz and in a later interview he explains why. "Innocence" is the same in keeping you on the edge of your seat, great characters and, most of all, making you think long after finishing.

Page: 1 | 2