Profile for Ale Brewer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ale Brewer "PaleAlien" RSS Feed (Greencastle, PA)

Page: 1 | 2
Mr. Coffee SJX20 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, White
Mr. Coffee SJX20 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, White
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $16.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Coffee Maker, December 27, 2012
I have been using this coffee maker for about 2 months now and have not had any issues. The delay brew feature is easy to program, as is setting the clock. I also like the option that allows you to choose between "regular" and "strong" brewed coffee. Not a lot of bells and whistles, just a basic coffee maker that will get the job done.

Sauder Orchard Hills Computer Desk with Hutch Carolina Oak
Sauder Orchard Hills Computer Desk with Hutch Carolina Oak
Offered by Targeted Decor
Price: $170.95
5 used & new from $170.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great desk, December 27, 2012
This is a quality product. The wood is heavy duty and the metal components are well made. The instructions provided for the desk assembly are easy to follow, and I didn't have any issues with putting it together. There are a lot of parts though, so expect to spend at least 3 hours in putting it together. This desk has plenty of room for my 17 inch monitor, and with having the side cabinet for the PC tower and the keyboard tray, you end up with a lot of room on the top of the desk for papers, books, etc. This is definitely one of the best office pieces that I have purchased. Additionally, the shipping was quick and the desk was well packaged in two large boxes. They were heavy though, so it helps to have someone to help carry the boxes in and move the desk as you put it together.

Orchard Hills Three Drawer Pedestal Carolina Oak
Orchard Hills Three Drawer Pedestal Carolina Oak
Offered by Cymax
Price: $108.00
4 used & new from $99.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, Easy Assembly, December 27, 2012
I bought this as the companion to the Sauder Orchard hills Large Wood Computer Desk with Hutch. This is a well made product, with quality pieces and the assembly and instructions were fairly easy. My only complaint is I wish the drawers were a little bigger, as only the bottom drawer can be used for hanging files, and the top and middle drawer are fairly shallow. Overall though this is a nice side cabinet.

Aroma Home Fun for Feet Slipper Socks, Large, Pink
Aroma Home Fun for Feet Slipper Socks, Large, Pink
Offered by What's Hot
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Warm, but sole is too short, December 27, 2012
I purchased these for my fiance for Christmas. They are very soft and warm, however the sole seems to be too short in the back. The heel of her foot always slides off the back. I had read other reviewers that had posted this same problem, however they were bigger foot sizes, so I didn't think there would be an issue. My fiance is size 6 1/2 in womens, and her heels still are coming off the back.

Kindle Fire (1st Generation)
Kindle Fire (1st Generation)
227 used & new from $70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Kindle Fire, November 28, 2011
This is the first Kindle that I have purchased so I cannot compare the Fire to older versions. However, I really love this product. The large color screen makes reading, playing apps, or browsing the internet a piece of cake. Set up was very easy. Just took a few minutes to update and install the latest Kindle software but that was it. I am also amazed at how fast it downloads books, usually only a few seconds and you are off and reading. The sound is fairly good, much better than my IPhone.

Its a little heavier than I expected, but not bad, although sometimes if I have been holding it out for a long period of time while reading it does wear my wrist out after awhile and I have to rest it on my lap, so if someone has arthritis, etc., they may find it a little more difficult to hold it.

Battery life is really good. I had used it for reading and web-browsing for a couple of days before having to charge it. It does seem that game apps tend to run the battery down quicker though, but that may be just I haven't realized how long I have been playing a game.

Overall I recommend this product. I really enjoy all of its capabilities and it has got me back into a reading mode again.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Office Plants, October 25, 2011
I bought these for my new office at work. I wanted something to add a little greenery without having to worry about taking care of plants. These did the trick. They are fairly realistic looking, especially the trunk, roots and "dirt". They are perfectly sized for my shelves at work, and overall they are well made.

Walnut Half Moon Console Table
Walnut Half Moon Console Table
Offered by Targeted Decor
Price: $114.96

3.0 out of 5 stars There are better tables, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Walnut Half Moon Console Table
This table is pretty to look at, but is not very sturdy and was a complete pain to put together. Some of the pre-drilled holes did not line up quite right which may have caused the issues with the sturdiness. I would not recommend this item.

Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones
Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones
7 used & new from $49.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones., October 25, 2011
Update: After further use of these, I have to say the sound is really pretty good. Not sure what the issue was with the first time I used them with my Tascam, but when I used these headphones plugged directly into my keyboard, the sound was very good. Crisp on the higher end and even had good bass. I much happier with this purchase now that I have used it more extensively.

These headphones are ok. I bought them to use for when I am recording music and don't want to bother my girlfriend by blaring the mixes too loud. I wasn't concerned about the size of the headphones, they are huge. Probably not the type of set you would want to take for traveling, but for use around the house they are fine. The sound quality is decent but not spectacular. I was hoping for something a little more crisp with the sound, but for the price, I don't think I could expect more.

Pros: The cord is 11 ft. long. Great for using while recording music because I have so much room to move around.
Also they include a larger size jack adapter so that you can use these with both smaller headset jacks like an IPOD, or the 1/4 size such as my Tascam digital recorder.
Cons: Sound quality is not top notch, but isn't horrible either. They are just ok.

X-Large Deluxe Hooded Litter Box (Colors May Vary)
X-Large Deluxe Hooded Litter Box (Colors May Vary)
Offered by Fat Happy Pets
Price: $33.21
21 used & new from $25.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Litterbox!, January 24, 2011
This litterbox is great! I had problems with our cats being over-zealous with their digging and sending litter all over the floor constantly. With this covered box, it keeps all the litter inside while still having plenty of room for our adult cat! Shipping was free and quick too!

Del Rossa Women's Super Plush Microfiber Fleece Bathrobe Robe, Large XL Pink (A0302PNKXL)
Offered by Alexander Del Rossa
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Warm, December 13, 2010
I purchased this bathrobe for my girlfriend and she loves it. It is super warm and soft. I was a little concerned about sizing since my girlfriend is 4'11. The robe reaches from her shoulders to just above her ankles so it fit just fine. For a long, cozy robe your woman will love, I would recommend this.

Page: 1 | 2