Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for sacguy > Reviews

Browse

sacguy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"sacguy" RSS Feed (Montgomery, AL)

Zircon 64003 Leak Alert Electronic Water Detector, 1-Pack
Zircon 64003 Leak Alert Electronic Water Detector, 1-Pack
Offered by w5552
Price: $7.69
37 used & new from $7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and Inexpensive, May 31, 2004
I purchased three of these water alarms three years ago after I woke up with seven thousand dollars in damage when a washing machine hose sprang a leak in the middle of the night. I am now ordering five more, one to go under every sink in my house, after a sneaky leak under an unguarded sink cost me $600 in plumbing and cabinet repairs.
The detector could not be simpler in concept. There are two metal contacts approximately a quarter inch apart on the bottom of the unit. When water bridges the contacts the alarm sounds and sounds. You shut the alarm off by drying the contacts with a cloth. I have tested the unit by simply wiping a counter with a wet cloth and setting the unit on the wet table. There is only a thin film of water on the table, but the unit sounds the alarm. I have also found that the manufacturer's claim of a two-year life for a standard nine-volt alkaline battery is conservative.
Other uses: Everyone with an aquarium in the house needs one of these babies at the rear of the aquarium stand. I had one in place at my aquarium and it prevented some real damage when a filter developed a leak.