Profile for L. Allison > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Allison "Bibliophile" RSS Feed (The left coast)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
FouFou Crystal Cake D-Ring Dangler Charm for Dogs, Multicolor
FouFou Crystal Cake D-Ring Dangler Charm for Dogs, Multicolor

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken within 24 hours, April 30, 2014
Very cute, sweet little cupcake for my dog whose nickname is cupcake. The charm is beautiful and sparkly, but the loop snapped off in the first 24 hours that my pug puppy wore it. Poor quality metal in the actual charm it's self, the lobster clasp is a good quality clasp.

Athena Jewelry Sterling Silver and 14k Gold Sky Blue Topaz Greek Goddess Cocktail Ring; size 9.0

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous classy and expensive looking., April 30, 2014
This is a gorgeous beautiful ring. there is nice weight to the ring, good thickness to the band. And the stone sparkles beautifully. No one would ever guess that I didn't spend $600 on this ring. Love it.

Your Present: A Half-Hour of Peace: A Guided Imagery Meditation for Physical & Spiritual Wellness
by Susie Mantell
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $8.04
27 used & new from $7.27

1.0 out of 5 stars Condecending, Phone sex voice, April 30, 2014
I understand that there are certain disclaimers that need to be made known. I also expect music and sounds to be part of a guided imagery meditation. I did not anticipate the negative reaction the speaker's voice engendered in me. I was unable to relax, or follow any of what the speaker said as I felt like I'd just dialed 1-900- talk dirty to me. I sincerely felt that the voice used was not her speaking voice, nor was it a calming meditative instructive voice. I'm sending this back. And I will be sure to never purchase anything by Susie Mantell again. There was no sincere feeling of concern nor compassion, actually, sincerity is exactly what this CD lacks.

Pet Kingdom 2 Rows Rhinestone Bling Heart Studded Leather Dog Collar For Small Or Medium Pet Collar (Blue, Medium)
Offered by VVhome
Price: $8.44
11 used & new from $3.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, comfortable and looks Great, April 24, 2014
Looks great, sturdy, no loss of stones, and there is no problem leaving the collar on my pup. She likes it too.

WwWSuppliers White Crocodile PU Leather Bling Rhinestones Adjustable Dog Puppy & Cat Collar (MEDIUM 11 1/2"-13 1/2")
Offered by WorldWide Web Suppliers
Price: $7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars NIce but very, very wide, April 24, 2014
I had to take this off my pug, her neck is not long enough to wear the collar without having it rub on her chest. She lost a patch of fur before I realized that the collar was to wide.

CROWN - Dazzling Dog Collar Charm
CROWN - Dazzling Dog Collar Charm

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice sparkle, April 24, 2014
Great sparkle but the small ring that holds the big ring broke off with in the first 3 days. I was very disappointed that it broke so quickly. My dogs are small and not extreme X-game players, I really think the charm should be something that lasts for months.

Fringe Trim 3-1/2 Inch Wide 10 Yards-Black
Fringe Trim 3-1/2 Inch Wide 10 Yards-Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice well made, April 24, 2014
Nice to find a large amount of fringe that is exactly what I wanted and is easy to use. The way the fringe is packaged is very helpful in stitching it onto fabric. I am happy with my purchase.

Jay Robb Egg White Protein Chocolate -- 12 oz
Jay Robb Egg White Protein Chocolate -- 12 oz
Offered by NetRush
Price: $24.00
5 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, It DOES taste good!, April 24, 2014
I am sensitive to milk, that includes Whey products. I have tried every kind of protein powder from a myriad of sources, pea protein, rice protein, soy, milk, raw protein, sprouted grains, whey isolate, you name it, I most likely have tried it. If it tasted okay, it upset my stomach. Most of this stuff seems to be on the order of "the worse it tastes, the better it is for you!"
That is not true of the Jay Robb Egg White Protein. I scoop my powder, mix in a cup of almond milk at 30 calories a cup, some ice and put it all in the blender. It's really good tasting! I sometimes add sugar free syrups to augment the flavor. The very best thing about it? NO vomiting, no GI distress, no running to the bathroom. I've eaten several bags of this and still feel good and am happy with the product. Just ordered another bag, the largest size they sell.

Jolt Juniors French Terry Lace Front Tunic, Heather Grey, X-Large
Jolt Juniors French Terry Lace Front Tunic, Heather Grey, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft oversized, warm as a hug, March 22, 2014
This shirt is exceedingly soft, and very comfortable to wear. The lace front is pretty without being too little girlish. Looks great paired with skinny jeans that have a gray tint. Washes well, no problems with popped stitches, drys wrinkle free, layer over a tee shirt. The hem hits about mid-thigh, the perfect length for leggings as well as jeans. Would not hesitate to purchase again, or another from same designer. Excellent gift.

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Dowser Series Book 1)
Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Dowser Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars another cake in a cup, please!, March 20, 2014
I am a fan of urban fantasy, this story certainly checks all my boxes, and then some! though I felt that the main protagonist, Jade, was slow in catching onto things, I liked her instantly. The descriptions of magic's flavors were vivid and inspired. wine tasting terms that made sense in the way the author used them. I was also very impressed that the author reached, streached and succeeded in using crisp, fresh, new descriptions for each new problem. It might have been easy to use a well crafted description repeatedly, but she refrained, pushed and kept each confrontation, meeting, problem, and disaster description from being repetative. I really enjoyed this story, even when I found myself tisk, ticking over Jades compleat wilfull denial of what was very clearly happening right in front of her. I believe that is just who Jade has grown to be. Willing to turn a blind eye to preserve her tidy world. As the author shows, that can only last for so long before the neatly ordered life explodes into vile, and violent consequences of stubborn inaction and complacency. Did I mention I love characters created and developed here? Well done! I can't wait to read more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4