Profile for Eric D. Hresko > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eric D. Hresko "Clutch freak" RSS Feed (Abilene, TX United States)

Robot Hive: Exodus
Robot Hive: Exodus
Offered by toy castle
Price: $14.99
37 used & new from $1.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in years..., September 18, 2005
This review is from: Robot Hive: Exodus (Audio CD)
I've been listening to Clutch since before "Transnational ", and this may be the second best album they've released (I've got a soft spot for their old stuff!). Go get it!

Grizzly G7944 12 Speed Heavy-Duty Floor Drill Press, 14-Inch
Grizzly G7944 12 Speed Heavy-Duty Floor Drill Press, 14-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars First Drill Press, June 15, 2004
Well, I haven't gotten the drill via freight yet, but I did get a bit of a surprise...when Grizzly sent me a shipping confirmation, I also got a confirmation that my 6" Drill Press vise had also shipped. What vise I asked, I never ordered a vice. Apparently Grizzly is including a 5" drill press vice, for free(at least as of 15 June 04)! I'm liking this press more and more, and I haven't even seen it yet.
Added: I finally got the press. As previous reviewers said, it's quite beefy. It's a little rough around the edges, though. There's a bit of Grizzly Green paint on some of the milled steel parts, and most of the edges on the casting are a bit sharp. Also, the base is a bit warped, and needed to be shimmed about 1/16 inch to sit flat. Other than that, assembly and operation is easy. After adjusting the chuck in the press, I was able to get the runnout down to about .002" or so...not bad for $199. Another interesting note: it took LESS time for the 172# drill press to get here by freight truck than it takes for a UPS package mailed the same day to get here (ordered on Sunday, drill arrived Wednesday AM, around 1030).

Freud LU91R010 10-Inch 60 Tooth ATB Thin Kerf Miter Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor and PermaShield Coating
Price: $62.38
10 used & new from $54.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Blade for crosscutting and plywood, January 18, 2004
I'd give this a 4.5 if I could. I only rates a 4 for crosscutting. It does a nice job, but nothing outstanding. For sheetgoods, however, it makes extremely nice cuts without any tearout. I've cut baltic birch plywood, MDF, MDO and perfect cuts every time. For these, I'd give it a 5.

Freud SD608 8-Inch Dial-A-Width Stacked Dado Set 5/8-Inch Arbor
Freud SD608 8-Inch Dial-A-Width Stacked Dado Set 5/8-Inch Arbor
Price: $253.92
13 used & new from $219.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Dado, December 25, 2003
I got this dado blade for Christmas, and WOW! is it fantastic.
The fit and finish of the blades is wonderful, although the case seems a bit flimsy. The plastic is pretty thin and hard. It think it would crack pretty easily. I think I'll make myself a wooden carrier in the next few weeks...
I started out by testing it out on some scrap 1/2" Baltic birch plywood. I used the included guide for sizing a 1/2" dado and went to town cutting. Unfortunately, the dado was a bit undersized. BUT, instead of having to remove the outer blade and start adding shims, I just measured the size difference between the dado and the plywood. Each click of the dial is .004" so I divided the difference by .004 and came to 5.5 clicks. I rounded that up to 6 clicks, loosened the nut on the blade, clicked 6 times, tightened and cut. The dado fit perfectly, and it took less than 5 minutes from installing the plates to final cut! This system really works!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2013 7:52 PM PDT