Profile for Patrick Oden > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 462

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Patrick Oden RSS Feed (San Dimas, CA United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Price: $9.00
14 used & new from $9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Gut power, December 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Late last Spring (on Father's day), I got a bad case of salmonella food poisoning. Late last summer, I got a norovirus. Both took me out of commission for 1 week badly and a few weeks of symptoms. I had been worn down and stressed out by a lot of different life events, and my body was out of sorts. After the last bout, I realized that with that much emptying out I had done (I dropped about 15 pounds between the two), I needed to revitalize and I had heard probiotics were a good way of doing that.

I bought PRO-15 Advanced Strength Probiotics and let me say that I'm not inclined to fad cures, but that did me wonders. I went from catching everything around me to not getting sick at all since I started taking it, even though my wife and kids were all getting colds. I've felt better and my body seems to be processing everything much easier.

These Metamucil Probiotics are a small shift. The Pro-15s were good, but it never hurts to shop around. What I like is they are all separately contained in a blister pack. So, about 15 per sheet. Keeps them better protected until you need them. The blisters themselves are pretty big, so the small pill gets a bit lost in there, but it's not a big deal, though it takes a bit of a push. The Pro-15 suggest taking it without food, so I take them right when I wake up. These Metamucil don't have the same recommendation, so you take one a day at whatever point is convenient.

No side effects. I'm doing a bit of traveling and I like these sheets for that. No bottles or loose pills to worry about.

Delta 75700WH Seven-Spray Hand Shower, White
Delta 75700WH Seven-Spray Hand Shower, White
Price: $26.42
16 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars shower wonder, December 18, 2014
This showerhead may have saved our marriage. Two young kids, constant busyness, and we moved from a older home with amazing water pressure to another home that had really weak showers. Showers are a break, a bit of renewal. A bad shower where it takes work to get the soap off. It's a rental house, so we're not going to remodel or spend a lot of money. I knew that a shower head might make a difference, and even a little more pressure would be great.

These shocked me with how much better they were. Strong pressure, easily installed, and our showers are refreshing again, saving our sanity and washing away the grumpiness. Really do like these. Got one for the guest bathroom, and the reason I'm writing this review now is because my wife suggested we get one for my mother-in-laws house so we have nice showers there too. It's so good, it's giftable!

Bionic Body Door Anchor Exercise Strap, Black
Bionic Body Door Anchor Exercise Strap, Black
Price: $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit my doors, December 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Earlier in the year I got a SKLZ Quick Change Cable and Handle Bundle which comes with a door anchor like this one. Not exactly the same, the SKLZ is smaller, thinner, a plastic casing around the strap rather than a carabiner that hooks up. It's also only slightly thicker on the side that goes behind the door.

This one is longer, larger, thicker, has an inch long and inch wide bulbous end that goes behind the door. What a great idea, I thought, that really anchors in the door.

The trouble? I can't get this Bionic Body Door anchor to actually go in any of my doors. Well, top it goes in, but the door doesn't shut. The bottom goes in okay. The side of the door doesn't work because the bulbous end is too thick to fit between the space the hinges leave.

The strap is so long it adds an extra foot of distance before there is tension (the SKLZ only was about 6 inches). The carabiner is a great idea, but it's smooth black metal, and the resistance bands slide pretty easily. I was hoping that with a lot of tension, there would be enough friction to keep it even, but nope. Very smooth, low friction, means that if you're doing any kind of alternating movement, the band slides back and forth in the carabiner rather than providing a reasonably consistent tension. I have the Bionic Body bar to use and my goal was to use the door anchor to help with kayaking movements. But, it just doesn't work for that, or for really anything I wanted it to especially help me with. If you have a lot of space, your doors open very wide with a wide space left between the door and the wall on the hings side, and you're doing even movements (like curls or presses with both arms at the same time) these might work.

Emerson MW8999RD 900 Watt Microwave Oven - Red
Emerson MW8999RD 900 Watt Microwave Oven - Red
Offered by Dave Electronics
Price: $124.99
13 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Going strong over five years on., December 17, 2014
We got this in very early 2009 with a wedding gift certificate. Use it most every day. Often multiple times a day.

Still use it to this day most every day, often multiple times a day.

The only problem is that the waveguide cover (a 5 dollar, very easily installed product) has gone out twice, causing some sparking. Happened a couple years ago and again recently. I'm buying another one and look forward to using this onwards.

Others have had bad issues, we've had none at all except for this easily addressed issue.

Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Standard Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory (1500 Pieces)
Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Standard Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory (1500 Pieces)
Offered by StitchCraftCreate - ships next day from the UK
Price: $59.95
3 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very puzzling, December 16, 2014
We have a 2.5 year old who gets into everything. Puzzles were an early casualty to her wandering and while my wife and I both enjoy puzzles as a way of relaxing after a long day, it was just impossible.

This solves our problem. It's a little pricey, but very inexpensive compared to similar products I looked at.

It secures very tightly with strong velcro in the middle and on top and bottom. The puzzle space in the middle fits a 1500 piece quite nicely, with an inch or two to spare. The two boards allow for pieces to be sorted and arranged, making for a flexible puzzle area that itself then folds up nicely. Everything goes in and out quickly, with no need to resort or do anything, the pieces stay right where you left them.

We're back to doing puzzles and this made it possible.

Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL11 Unbuffered UDIMM 240-Pin Desktop Memory Modules CT2CP51264BA160B
Price: $71.49
54 used & new from $66.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for Studio XPS 9100, December 16, 2014
I have a Dell Studio XPS 9100 we bought in late 2010. Works fine. But, I started working more with the new Adobe suite and found the computer was lagging on startup and in other ways. I had 8gb of memory installed, and while I probably could use a newer computer with faster processor, that's more expensive than I can manage right now.

Memory has gone up in cost over the last few years, so I've been putting it off. With a good sale and lower prices, I thought I'd take the leap. Glad I did.

These install nicely, though I had a bit of a worry when I first put them in and the computer wouldn't start up. I didn't have them fully pushed it. Had to really press harder, they clicked in, everything started up, 16gb of memory. Not a shocking difference, but everything does run smoother and I don't have those hiccups I was having before.

These work great and gave more life to my aging system. I've used Crucial as a preferred brand for some years and they never let me down.

Cable Matters Gold Plated DisplayPort to HDMI Cable 6 Feet
Cable Matters Gold Plated DisplayPort to HDMI Cable 6 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $11.99
10 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Broaden your view, December 16, 2014
I have a laptop with DisplayPort, an odd connection type. Was staying at a hotel and have learned to not rely on hotel television. I have Amazon Prime and wanted to use that instead. So, I got this. Worked great. HDMI is a much more common connection, so this gives me the freedom to use the laptop in multiple ways for display (I have a projector with HDMI inputs as well).

Slime 40022 12-Volt Digital Tire Inflator
Slime 40022 12-Volt Digital Tire Inflator
Price: $27.97
10 used & new from $27.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Compresses but doesn't want to quit at the right spot, December 16, 2014
I got this after my Wagan EL2509 600 Amps Battery Jumper II with Air Compressor finally gave up the ghost, not that it ever had that much spirit to begin with. It was also a bit of trouble. So, I was wary to buy another expensive model. We're going on a long road trip soon, and my tires were low, and I wanted something more convenient than a gas station (why is it the only time the air is busy at a gas station is when I finally go to use it?).

This had strong reviews and was very reasonably priced. First, what I liked. It does work. it's not loud compared to other air compressors. It's not whisper quiet, but it's definitely not extra noisy. It's an air compressor, so it's going to make noise. It's very conveniently built. Everything is self contained. The cord for the power folds nicely inside, has enough reach for my tires on each side (not enough reach to go out one door and reach all four tires). It adjusts easy and has a convenient light for using it at night.

My frustration is that after the first time, the auto-shut off no longer shut off. It would look like it was set, would act like it was set, but then when it got to the goal psi, it just kept going. The number didn't rise, but after 15-20 seconds it clearly was adding more air than what was registering. Shut it off, and yep, there's a lot more air. Meaning, it stopped at the goal number but didn't actually stop the air compressor. I don't need the display to stop counting! I need the compressor to stop! Alas. Easy to address, I just sit by it, but as this was a key feature for this unit, it's frustrating it didn't work right. Others seem more positive about this feature, so maybe I have a bad model.

The rest of it, works great.

ProTeam ProVac FS 6 Backpack Vacuum w/ Versatile Tool Kit, 6 quart
ProTeam ProVac FS 6 Backpack Vacuum w/ Versatile Tool Kit, 6 quart
Offered by MoreQualityLessMoney
Price: $411.75
10 used & new from $411.75

4.0 out of 5 stars A vacuum for restaurants or families, December 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We're not a restaurant. We just have 2 young kids, a 4.5 month old and a 2.5 year old. Which means it can get messy fast on a daily basis. There's toys about and random pieces of larger play equipment and furniture. Things get moved. Things get in the way. Our floor vacuum had less power anyhow and a canister vacuum we started using kept getting caught along the way.

This seems the perfect solution for a family with young kids, and busy layout in the house.

First, what I like: very powerful. There's no beater brush for our carpet, but it doesn't really need it, it pulls up quickly. The tile and wood floor sections are ideal for this.

Very flexible. Various attachments that rotate freely on the end. That's what makes it so easy to handle, it secures on a rotates connection, so you can twist and turn with easy.

Heavy duty construction. Metal extensions, heavy plastic attachments. Great straps for your shoulders, it looks and feels and adjusts like a hiking backpack. Made for carrying. It's not that heavy but does have some bulk to it, feeling comfortable with the right adjustments.

Multi-level filtering. I've been used to bagless vacuums, so am not a huge fan of having to have filter bags, but these work great, comes with 2 loose ones, and the one I received had another pack of them included.

50-foot cord. This one: Yellow Jacket 2887 14/3 Heavy-Duty 15-Amp SJTW Contractor Extension Cord with Lighted Ends, 50-Feet. I bought one of these separately earlier in 2014, and the cord that comes with this vacuum seems exactly the same.

What I don't like as much:
The wand takes up a lot of space. This isn't for tight spots or places, you'll knock into things early. So, it takes a bit of time to get used to maneuvering.

The belt on the straps (which I love) has a Batman utility belt feel, that's where the on/off switch is, and on the other side there's slots for two attachments. Those all are great! However, there are 3 more attachments that don't have a home, so while the long cord is great, you have to leave 3 attachments somewhere else, get them, attach them, put them back. Or add a small bag to the contraption. That's probably the best way, a bit of velcro strips on the back. I'm going to go do that!

There's also no place for the cord to go, and it's a pretty big cord, so you'll spend some time rolling it up properly, or you'll spend time unknotting it if not properly stowed away.

So, all in all, I love everything about it. My only main complaints are the lack of storage for some of the attachments and the cord.

It's not perfect, but it's working great for us in our decidedly busy house.

Perky-Pet 5151 Premium Squirrel-Be-Gone Breakaway Wild Bird Feeder
Perky-Pet 5151 Premium Squirrel-Be-Gone Breakaway Wild Bird Feeder
Price: $56.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Bird seed. It's in the name! Not squirrel feed., December 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used to live in the mountains, surrounded by national forest, and had a great variety of birds. And small mammals. Gray Squirrels, chipmunks, even the occasional flying squirrel. I enjoyed their presence, so let them share the feast. Who wouldn't want to hear a sound outside and see a flying squirrel hanging out on the feeder. Here in a suburb, I've become a bit more picky. Don't want the feeder to empty so quickly.

My other feeders stayed in the mountains, so I've been neglected that hobby. After having more than a few feeders, I've learned there's good and bad qualities. This is all good. First of all, it's really tall! I was surprised to see how tall it was, and so there's a lot of seed to be had. Four perches, each collapse with any weight. It's smooth plastic tube means there's no other places to grasp. Bigger birds might also have some trouble, but I suspect a jay would be fine. I had the occasional ring-tailed pigeon visit me in the mountains, and they wouldn't be fine with this one.

Sturdy mount, easily filled. My local suburban birds already like it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20