Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for M Cox > Reviews

Browse

M Cox's Profile

Customer Reviews: 829

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M Cox "Shanghaied" RSS Feed (Houston, Texas)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sleep Master Memory Foam Resort Folding Guest Bed, Twin
Sleep Master Memory Foam Resort Folding Guest Bed, Twin
Price: $306.46
3 used & new from $299.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and Well Made Guest Bed, May 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is more accurately a Twin Sleeper Sofa Bed size because the mattress is only 36 X 72 inches in size. A standard twin size mattress is 39 X 75 inches in size and a twin XL mattress is 39 X 80 inches in size. So if you are planning to purchase a fitted sheet set, you need to get the correct size. This mattress is about 4.5 inches in thickness versus 6 inches for most all sofa bed fitted sheets. Hopefully the fitted sheet has tight elastic to help compensate for the thickness.

The mattress is quite firm and dense for a memory firm mattress. I thought since it folded, it would be soft. I don’t know how much the mattress weighs alone, but it is considerably heavier than it looks. I suppose I might be able to go to sleep on it eventually, but it wouldn’t be easy. I’m six feet tall and 190 pounds, so it is a few inches too short for me when allowing for a pillow. My 5’2” wife weighs 114 pounds and she says it is more firm than she prefers as well, but the length is obviously more than adequate. Many people prefer a firm mattress, so it’s just a matter of personal preference.

The mechanical frame appears to be quite well designed. The four wheels must be screwed into the center of the frame after you receive the bed. I wish they had included a fitted cover so it wouldn’t look so untidy in the folded position. I noticed others commented about this, too. Here is a typical link for a cover may fit this bed. I think I may order the 38 inch size and hope it fits. It might be a tight fit, however. There are a few other covers and all have mixed reviews – main complaints are thin cheap material and undersized.

I am still quite pleased with this folding bed and mattress. I won’t be the one sleeping on it, so the firmness won’t be an issue. If firmness is an issue, I can probably buy an inch thick section of memory foam to put on top and that should help fill in some of the thickness of the mattress for fitted sheets. Most likely it will be grandchildren that use it during overnight family gatherings. Sure beats sleeping on the floor and better than an air mattress, too. It looks a lot better in the open position than the folded position.

I did receive this product on Amazon’s Vine program, but just for the record, I have to pay self employment taxes (double social security tax) on what I receive and income tax as well - totals about 36% overall tax for me. Amazon reports this as income to the IRS. When I pay the IRS, it is definitely no longer free. In addition, I usually must have purchased a similar product on Amazon and wrote a review on it before I am eligible to receive a future Vine offering – can even be two or three years later, if at all. I’ve written over 800 reviews on Amazon and the overwhelming majority of those reviews were for things I purchased with my own money just like you. I write Vine reviews the same as if I bought it directly and give out the full range of stars from 1 to 5. You can check my ratings for proof. If a product performs as advertised, then I give it 5 stars. I would never knowingly mislead anyone with my reviews.

Munchkin Step Diaper Pail Powered by Arm & Hammer
Munchkin Step Diaper Pail Powered by Arm & Hammer
Price: $79.76
8 used & new from $79.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Twistomatic Odor Management, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an elegant and so clever mechanical concept for diaper disposal odor management - Twistomatic. You poke your diaper through the twisted bag opening and the twisting action minimizes the odor released. If you've got a particularly awful full diaper, you might want to first bag it with a cheap thin plastic bag like you find in the produce area in a grocery store. Save your plastic bags for the occasional overloaded diapers. Otherwise you run some risk of poop getting on your hands or wrist when you poke the messy diaper through the opening.

And for added odor control, there is the scented baking powder cartridges. The Lavender aroma is very nice. The cost of the replacement bags is very economical in the largest 2176 Count size - only about 1.66 cents each. The second most economical version is the 272 count bags at about 3 cents each. For some odd reason, the middle size is about 4 cents each. So if you have a lot of diapers in your forecast, I'd get the largest size for sure.

Even though this diaper pail is a little on the expensive side, it is worth it in my opinion. It has a very novel way of managing the odor.

Chill Bag - Bean Bags 7.5-Feet Bean Bag Lounger, Giant, Charcoal
Chill Bag - Bean Bags 7.5-Feet Bean Bag Lounger, Giant, Charcoal
Offered by GT Gifts
Price: $279.99
2 used & new from $279.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Too Comfortable! It's irresistible!, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Help! I've fallen and I can't get up. It's true. It is difficult for me to dismount and about the only way I can get up is to roll over onto the floor and then try to get up. Once you are on it, you don't want to move. My wife rates this at 5 stars and loves it, but she is only 5 feet 2 inches tall and 115 pounds. I'm 6 feet and 190 pounds and I sink deep into this so-called bean bag. Actually there are only pieces of foam inside and not a single bean. I have to admit that's it very comfortable when you lie down in it. But my lower back starts to ache a short time later. I don't have any back ache on my bed's mattress. Most likely, this is a unique problem for me only. My wife has no back issues and can sleep on it indefinitely.

In reality this is a giant blob that takes up a lot of floor space. It measures roughly 78 X 58 inches with an average of about 16 inches high. It's rather amazing how they compacted the foam into the zippered bag. It comes as two pieces - three if you count the zippered bag that contains the foam during shipping. We put the cover on the floor with the zipper side up and sat the foam inside and helped separate or unroll the main sections. There were no instructions included as to the best way to do this. Anyway, it didn't take very long at all for it to expand and be useful. However, I think it takes a day or two for it to fully decompress.

I don't know how they took the featured photo of the two women in shorts that makes it look like they are sitting a couch. Maybe they propped half of it against a wall to take the photo. The photo of the woman reclining in front of the fireplace must have been taken with the bean bag on its side to get that amount of depth. My wife and I can just manage to lie down beside each other with no space to spare. It kind of acts like a water bed in this situation. I'm much heavier and I sink down to maybe six inches of thickness. Meanwhile my petite wife is up on a higher level because she weighs a lot less than I do.

This bean bag is rather heavy and the most convenient way to move it is to drag it across the floor. However, unless your floors are impeccably clean, it embeds all that dirt into the bag's cover. I think it's washable, but I think it won't be very easy to put the cover back on the expanded amorphous foam structure.

I did receive this product on Amazon’s Vine program, but just for the record, I have to pay self employment taxes (double social security tax) on what I receive and income tax as well - totals about 36% tax for me. Amazon reports this as income to the IRS. When I pay the IRS, it is definitely no longer free. In addition, I usually must have purchased a similar product on Amazon and wrote a review on it before I am eligible to receive a future Vine offering - can be two or three years later. I’ve written over 800 reviews on Amazon, but certainly the overwhelming majority of those reviews were for things I purchased with my own money. I write Vine reviews the same as if I bought it directly and give out the full range of stars from 1 to 5. You can check my ratings for proof. If a product performs as advertised, then I give it 5 stars. I would never knowingly mislead anyone with my reviews.

This bean bag is very comfortable and appears to be of high quality construction. If you have kids running and jumping on it, I am not sure what the eventual consequences might be. Even my wife likes to take a plunge on it and flop around on it acting like a kid. It is irresistible. Caution: May be addictive.

BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FL 20V Max Lithium Flex Vac with Pet Hair Brush
BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FL 20V Max Lithium Flex Vac with Pet Hair Brush
Price: $95.00
4 used & new from $71.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, But Minimal Accessories, April 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is currently priced at $95 (was $125) but you can get the very same item with more attachments for the same price right here on Amazon. This pet hair attachment is a simplistic flexible plastic intake with some ribbed areas to help dislodge hair in the area you are cleaning. They don't show the underside of the pet hair attachment because you'd probably not be very impressed. I included several photos so you can see exactly what you are getting. I feel badly that I am mentioning a competitive product when I received this product on the Amazon Vine program. However, the first link below from Black & Decker is a pretty good deal. You get the pet hair gadget, such as it is, along with extension tubing. More stuff for less money.

BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH MAX Lithium Flex Vacuum with Stick Vacuum Floor Head and Pet Hair Brush, 20-volt

Now if you want to consider an alternative product, look at the product below. It has a powered rotating brush in the attachment head - something I've not seen in any other hand held battery powered vacuum cleaner. The rotating brush head is a miniature version of a traditional wall powered vacuum cleaner - except in this case, it is powered by the same lithium battery that's providing the suction. I'm not going into any more details because I am supposed to be reviewing the Black & Decker hand held vacuum cleaner. The major advantage of the Black & Decker vacuum cleaner is the flexible hose.

Hoover Air 20 Volt Lithium Cordless Bagless Handheld Vacuum, BH52160PC

Otherwise, this Black & Decker has some nice features of its own. I do like the flexible hose because it allows me more opportunity than I could otherwise obtain to get into difficult to access places with the crevice tool, for example. It works especially well to vacuum out the car in and around the front seats. I've used it a few times to recover items that fell into a narrow area that I couldn't use my hand or any other tool to fetch it. (I have another Black & Decker vacuum cleaner just like this one, but with different attachments and different color. That's how I know about the other attachments.)

About the lithium battery - I don't understand why they didn't use the 20 volt replaceable and rechargeable lithium battery that they use in their 20 volt garden and power tools. I have five of their 20 volt batteries and if they used that battery, I'd never run out of battery power. The batteries are even about the same size as each other - probably exactly the same on the inside. They have the battery and charger integrated into this product, so I cannot use any of my other Black & Decker 20 volt lithium batteries. I own lots of Black & Decker products. I really wish they would develop a powered rotating brush attachment for this product. That would make a world of difference.

I did receive this product on Amazon’s Vine program, but I have to pay self employment taxes (double social security tax) on what I receive plus income tax. And that works out to be about 36% incremental tax for me. Amazon reports this as income to the IRS. So it’s not at all free. Furthermore, I normally must have gotten a similar product on Amazon and wrote a review on it before I am eligible to receive a Vine product. I’ve written over 800 reviews on Amazon, but certainly the vast majority of those reviews were for things I purchased with my money. I write Vine reviews the same as if I bought it directly and give out the full range of stars from 1 to 5 - as evidenced with this review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Seagate 1TB Gaming SSHD SATA 32GB NAND SATA 6Gb/s 2.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST1000LX001)
Price: $116.83
27 used & new from $102.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of Both Worlds - SSD Performance and High Capacity Hard Drive, April 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I purchased the first version of this product several years ago when it was first introduced. It was under 500 GB capacity as I recall and the SSD size was quite small - similar to the 8 GB version of this product offering. I used it for a year or so and never could see any difference versus a regular hard drive. So I upgraded to a 120 GB Intel SSD and was quite pleased with the performance improvement. So I just recently cloned the Intel SSD onto this Seagate 1 TB hybrid SSD and installed it into my laptop computer. I've had to be careful not to put too many photos on the small capacity Intel SSD. Now I have all the storage I'll likely ever need on this laptop computer.

The first thing I did after cloning the Intel SSD was to defragment the Seagate hard drive. I saw numerous files that were fragmented into as many as 500 fragments and files with 200 fragments were fairly common. I know manufacturers discourage the users from fragmenting SSDs because of wear issues, but I decided doing it once shouldn't have much effect on a hybrid. I don't know what algorithm Seagate uses to decide which files are most frequently accessed to put into the SSD portion of the hard drive. I assume performance should get getter after using it a while.

Anyway, after defragmenting the hybrid drive, I could see a considerable improvement in performance loading applications and booting up. I forgot to time the boot time with the Intel SSD, but it was a little slower than this Seagate Hybrid Drive. I still have Windows 7 on my laptop computer, so I updated the Windows Experience Index. The Experience Index for the Intel SSD was showing as 7.5, which is quite respectable. The Experience Index for this Seagate 1 TB Hybrid Drive came in at 5.9, considerably less. However, the 7.5 number for the Intel SSD was from the day I first installed it. Considering how badly the files were fragmented on the Intel SSD after a few years of regular use, it was no longer performing as well as it did when it was first installed.

So now I need to wait a few weeks perhaps to notice improvement via the 32 GB internal SSD. I know 32 GB is considerably more than what's needed to store the entirety of a Windows 7 Operating System (OS) installation. I don't know how efficiently the Windows 7 OS and frequently used applications will be transported to the internal SSD. If I so inclined, I may swap out this hybrid drive with the Intel SSD someday in the future to remind myself how fast or slow it was before this upgrade to the 1 TB Hybrid Drive - just out of curiosity. It's fairly easy to swap drives in this HP Laptop Computer. I'm quite pleased with the performance - far and away better than I recall when I purchased one of the early development models several years ago. And assuming the performance should continue to improve as the hybrid SSD learns which files I access most, I think I'll be more than pleased with this upgrade.

I used the free version of Macrium Reflect (March 29, 2016 release V6) to clone this Seagate Hybrid Drive. It worked on the first attempt, which made things go very efficiently. It created a partition equal to the Intel SSD I was using at the time. I've moved all the data files and photos over to the second partition to keep the operating system isolated from the data. I suggest that you download a copy of this cloning and backup software to clone your drives if this will be replacing an existing hard drive or SSD.

Personally, I am not sure I would consider the 8 GB SSD version because I think it is too small to be very effective. However, there is a really large difference in price between the two SSD sizes - currently $46. Another person's review said it was only a $20 difference in price when he obtained his 32 GB version, which is quite reasonable. Considering how cheap SSDs are becoming, I think a $46 difference is questionable.

I did receive this product on Amazon’s Vine program, but just for the record, I have to pay self employment taxes (double social security tax) on what I receive and income tax as well. So that works out to be about 36% incremental tax for me. Amazon reports this as income to the IRS. In the beginning it appears to be free, but when I pay the IRS, it is definitely not anyway near free. Furthermore, I normally must have purchased a very similar product on Amazon and wrote a good review on it before I am eligible to receive a corresponding Vine offering. I purchased an early version of this hybrid hard drive, so that explains why I received this one for evaluation. I’ve written over 800 reviews on Amazon, but certainly the overwhelming majority of those reviews were for things I purchased with my money. I write Vine reviews the same as if I bought it directly and give out the full range of stars from 1 to 5. You can check my ratings for proof. If a product performs as advertised, then I give it 5 stars. I would never knowingly mislead anyone with my reviews.

Pioneer BULIT6 -Channel Monitor Speaker & Subwoofer Part
Pioneer BULIT6 -Channel Monitor Speaker & Subwoofer Part
Price: $197.07
4 used & new from $197.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Sound - Power to Spare!!, April 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This monitor speaker has very bright and clear sound output – no detectable distortion whatsoever even at full power. And there is a lot of power to spare, too. When I first plugged it into my audio source, I forgot to check the level setting and it nearly scared my wife to death when she flipped the power switch on – startled me, too. It truly produces exceptionally clear sound even though my ears are not so new anymore. There is a treble control knob that I turn to the maximum setting – only +1 db. Pioneer has a very long well known history in the audio and electronics business and they produce high quality products. The published frequency range is 45 - 20,000 Hz. Of course, almost nobody can hear much above 12,000 Hz except maybe dogs. I can't hear anything past 8000 Hz. They did not publish the +/- db range for this frequency response claim. Klipsch is about the only company that does. The implication from the product description title would lead you to believe there is a built-in subwoofer or equivalent, but I didn't notice much in the way of bass response - at least not in comparison with a separate dedicated powered subwoofer.

I will use a pair of these speakers as rear speakers in a new home theater setup. I will use a wireless stereo transmitter and receiver pair so that I don’t need to run speaker wires along or under the carpet. With powered speakrs, I won’t need a separate amplifier for the rear speakers. My wireless receiver has XLR connections and so does this speaker. Therefore I will not need an adapter cable. In addition, this speaker has a standard RCA plug input and balanced TRS input. There’s a standby switch option, so that should save on power consumption.

Studio Monitor speakers are generally meant to be the primary speakers in a high quality sound system. So these speakers will be absolute overkill for my rear speakers, but at least they will work splendidly. Since I’m in the process of purchasing an identical speaker, I think that’s sufficient endorsement that I believe this is an outstanding speaker. Because they are independently powered speakers, they are very portable if I want to set up a temporary stereo system for music or whatever purpose. I can even use a tiny MP3 player as the audio source for these speakers, for example. There is a covered switch for 220 to 240 volts on the rear if you happen to be in a different country than the USA. The label only mentions 60 Hz and 140 Watts. A person would expect it should work with 50 Hz, but better check the official specification first.

I did receive this product on Amazon’s Vine program, but just for the record, I have to pay self employment taxes (double social security tax) on what I receive and income tax as well. So that works out to be about 36% incremental tax for me. Amazon reports this as income to the IRS. In the beginning it appears to be free, but when I pay the IRS, it is definitely not anyway near free. Furthermore, I normally must have purchased a very similar product on Amazon and wrote a good review on it before I am eligible to receive a corresponding Vine offering. I recently purchased a new monitor speaker (priced about the same but different brand), so that explains why I received this one for evaluation. I’ve written over 800 reviews on Amazon, but certainly the overwhelming majority of those reviews were for things I purchased with my money. I write Vine reviews the same as if I bought it directly and give out the full range of stars from 1 to 5. You can check my ratings for proof. If a product performs as advertised, then I give it 5 stars. I would never knowingly mislead anyone with my reviews.

Char-Broil Professional TRU Infrared 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
Char-Broil Professional TRU Infrared 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
Price: $299.00
5 used & new from $254.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Radiant Cooking Grill, April 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the best gas grill I’ve ever owned. I’m retired, so even two burners are more than we need. However, there is still a lot of cooking area in this grille. Radiant heat cooks so much faster and more evenly than I was expecting. Gone are the usual grease flare up flames that burn the meat and possibly yourself as well. The stainless steel plate separates the propane flames from the food being prepared. It’s going to take a few times to get the heat and cooking time perfected, but even on the first trial, the porterhouse steak came out reasonably well, but dryer than I would have liked. I usually eat steaks at Texas Roadhouse and haven’t purchased a raw steak in a long time. I was rather surprised how much high quality steaks cost these days. I’ll probably cook a lot more hamburger meat than steaks on this grill until I learn how to manage the cooking time. The thermometer on the top of the grill is not entirely useful because it is measuring the air temperature at the top of the hood. I finally resorted to a digital meat thermometer and checked the temperature periodically. Of course, I didn’t leave it inside or it would have melted the thermometer. I think I have a remote grill temperature monitor somewhere. I’ll use that next time.

When I first turned on the burners, I kept wondering if the flame had ignited or not. It’s extremely difficult to see any flame except through the pinholes in the stainless steel plate. It didn’t take long to see smoke rising from the plates. The instructions say to spray the two stainless steel plates with canola oil on both sides to season it – whatever that accomplishes. It certainly turned the color from a gray stainless color to black and ash gray. The burners and cooking grates use 443 stainless steel which is composed of iron, chromium, titanium and very little carbon. It’s supposed to be very resistant to corrosion, especially moisture and salt. I would have been much more pleased if they had used 316 stainless steel. Of course, it would cost more. Thankfully, this grill is on rollers, so I’ll keep it in the garage and covered when not in use.

The assembly was reasonably straightforward, but time consuming. My wife insisted upon doing the entire task by herself just to prove she could do it. It took her over three hours. This grill is very heavy. The shipping weight is 115 pounds and the finished product is right at 100 pounds. Add another 16.6 pounds for an empty propane tank. Then add the weight of propane inside. It gets very heavy with a full tank - over 130 pounds. We purchased an empty and purged Benzomatic 20 pound capacity propane tank and filled it up with propane for $15 on the way home. The grill instructions talk about a propane fuel gauge being included, but there was no gage included in the kit we received – just the regulator. However, an inline fuel gage isn’t very predictable because the pressure remains almost constant right up until the tank suddenly runs out of propane. Weight is the only accurate way to know how much propane fuel remains. I use my luggage scales to weigh the tank periodically. For the cost of a specialized scale or inline gage, I’d spend the money on a spare propane tank. I paid $30 plus tax for my new propane tank – same price at Wal-Mart, Lowes and Home Depot. I elected not to do the tank exchange method because I don’t trust the age and condition of the tanks being swapped. You have no idea what the previous people have done to the exchange tanks. They are only required to recertify the tanks every 12 years. Not worth the risk. Furthermore, I can fill mine completely for $15 – a lot cheaper than a swap. The propane dealer has a balance scale on which the tank sits while propane is being added. I know exactly how many pounds of propane went into my tank. I left with a full tank in well under ten minutes. I use my luggage scales to verify the before and after weight, too.

So if this grille is in your price range, I believe it is a very good product to consider. I give it five stars without hesitation. I did receive this product on Amazon’s Vine program, but I have to pay self employment taxes (double social security tax) on what I receive plus income tax. And that works out to be about 36% incremental tax for me. Amazon reports this as income to the IRS. So it’s definitely not free. Furthermore, I normally must have purchased a similar product on Amazon and wrote a good review on it before I am eligible to receive a Vine product. I’ve written over 800 reviews on Amazon, but certainly the vast majority of those reviews were for things I purchased with my money. I write Vine reviews the same as if I bought it directly and give out the full range of stars from 1 to 5. This is a good solid product. I would not hesitate to purchase it myself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2016 3:34 AM PDT

Price: $84.20
12 used & new from $65.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Vacuum Suction. Excellent Brush Attachment., March 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the most powerful handheld vacuum cleaner I've ever used - by far! I especially like the powered brush roller attachment. It loosens up small particles that are stuck to carpeted surfaces so that it can be sucked inside. This is the only hand held vacuum cleaner I've ever seen with this attachment. Maybe others have it, but I am not aware of it. Other than the size of the brush head, it can do things about as good a big vacuum cleaner can - just takes more passes.

The transparent dust bin allows you to see when it's time to dump the contents. And it's somewhat shocking how much dirt it sucks inside. There's a snap release to disconnect the dust bin and then dump the dirt in the trash can. There's one place near the intake that's difficult to clean. I usually have to use a piece of cardboard or screwdriver to dislodge the trapped dirt. Of course, that's optional because it is just a matter of cosmetic appearance. It will quickly accumulate the dirt in the same place again and has no effect on performance.

The charging time for the battery is a matter of several hours, so if the battery runs down, you're going to have to wait a while before you can use it again. However, the battery lasts quite a long time before it becomes depleted, so it's not much of an issue. The battery has to be removed to charge it. I assume they will offer spare batteries, so you can purchase a spare if you wish. I strongly prefer replaceable batteries in small appliances so much more than the built-in batteries that require major surgery to replace them. I bought a Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010 in July 2015 that I really like. I was hoping the battery would be interchangeable with this Hoover hand held vacuum cleaner, but it isn't.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with this Hoover hand held vacuum cleaner and I strongly endorse it. I did receive this product on Amazon’s Vine program, but I have to pay self employment taxes (double social security tax) on what I receive plus income tax. And that works out to be about 36% incremental tax for me. Amazon reports this as income to the IRS. So it’s not at all free. Furthermore, I normally must have purchased a similar product on Amazon and wrote a good review on it before I am eligible to receive a Vine product. I’ve written over 800 reviews on Amazon, but certainly the vast majority of those reviews were for things I purchased with my money. I write Vine reviews the same as if I bought it directly and give out the full range of stars from 1 to 5. This product is a good solid product and I will give it a full five stars. I would not hesitate to have purchased it myself.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Delta Faucet 813902-N-WH Sanborne Elongated Nightlight Toilet Seat with Slow Close, White
Price: $65.06
3 used & new from $53.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toilet Seat - Really Like the Night Light, March 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This lighted toilet seat is perfect for those middle of the night trips to the bathroom. I don't need to turn on the light to see where I'm headed. If I turn on the lights, I have difficulty going back to sleep. The light in the toilet seat stays on for 9 hours and off for 15 hours. The timer starts when the last battery is snapped into place. So before you go to bed at night, remove one battery temporary and then reinstall it. That starts the timer and the light will stay on for the next 9 hours. My wife installed this by herself, but she didn't read the instructions and put the packing material in the recycle bin. It took me a couple of days to realize there was some kind of timer involved, so I finally found the instructions on the internet. I'm using rechargeable AA NiMH batteries, but they say regular batteries should last 6 months. The battery and light module is spring loaded and pops out of the toilet seat with ease.

As to the toilet seat itself, it's a five star product like you would expect from Delta (great company). The lid descends slowly and smoothly without the traditional thud of ordinary toilet seats. It's made of lightweight plastic, so it's not heavy either. There are pads on the bottom of the toilet seat that are supposed to prevent scooting or movement, but it still moves some after repeated sitting. So I have to readjust it periodically. I've tightened the screws as much as I am able without using pliers.

Compared to wooden toilet seats, plastic seats will not accumulate urine stains - very easy to clean. I've thrown away all four of the toilet seats in the house because of unsightly urine stains on the underside. Plastic seats are far superior in every regard. I saw another name brand lighted toilet seat in Home Depot for $49.99 a few days ago, so I expect the price will decline soon.

So if this product is in your price range, I believe it is a very good product to consider. I give it five stars without hesitation. I did receive this product on Amazon’s Vine program, but I have to pay self employment taxes (double social security tax) on what I receive and income tax in addition. And that works out to be about a 36% incremental tax for me. Amazon reports this as income to the IRS. So it’s definitely not free. Furthermore, I normally must have purchased a similar product on Amazon and wrote a good review on it before I am eligible to receive a Vine product. I’ve written over 800 reviews on Amazon, but certainly the vast majority of those reviews were for items I purchased with my own money. I write Vine reviews the same as if I bought it directly and give out the full range of stars from 1 to 5.

This is a good solid product. I would not hesitate to purchase it myself. Delta has a very good reputation and they make excellent products. I own a considerable number of Delta products in my house and I've been exceptionally pleased. They have fantastic customer service, too.

PORTER-CABLE PCCK607LA 20V Max 1/2" Drill Driver & Bluetooth Speaker Combo Kit
PORTER-CABLE PCCK607LA 20V Max 1/2" Drill Driver & Bluetooth Speaker Combo Kit
Price: $129.99
2 used & new from $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Novel Combination of Power Tools with Entertainment!, March 23, 2016
Drill Motor
When I opened up the box, I thought this was a Black & Decker drill because they look so much alike. It wasn’t until I got a spare 20 volt Black & Decker battery for the Bluetooth speaker that I realized something was wrong. My wife laughed and told me this was a Porter drill, not Black & Decker. The battery mounts look almost identical, but unfortunately there is a small physical key that prevents a Black & Decker battery from being fully inserted.

As a drill motor, I like the bright LED light that illuminates the area to be drilled. This is a very desirable and useful feature. There is a two speed gearbox and everything you’d expect in a drill motor of this price range. It’s clearly a close resemblance to the Black & Decker drills. It would have been nice from a user standpoint if the batteries were interchangeable with Black & Decker. From a business standpoint, I understand why they put a plastic key block preventing them from fitting each other.

The drill has an excellent grip. My petite wife says it feels just right in her hand. The power and response is excellent as you would expect. So if you’re just starting out with a powered tool set, Porter is a good choice. I already have a considerable amount invested in Black & Decker’s 20 volt tool set. Of course, you can’t have too many drill motors even on a small project. And now you can be entertained with your favorite music playing in the background via Bluetooth if you invest in a spare battery.

Bluetooth Speaker
I was surprised there wasn't at least a low power battery included for the Bluetooth based speaker. The speaker paired up with our BLU cell phone instantly and the speaker produces very nice sound including good bass response. The reception range is reasonable, but it doesn’t penetrate walls very well – prefers to be line of sight. So I will have to do is purchase a $50 battery if I expect to be entertained while drilling. This seems like a really odd combination of including a Bluetooth wireless speaker with a drill motor. I would never have thought of such a combination. But again, I never would have thought I would have purchased a Bluetooth toothbrush, either. I have to admit that I find myself wanting to use the Bluetooth remote speaker by itself - not necessarily for background music while I work. I'll have to give it some thought before I purchase an additional battery, however.

If you are listening to music on the Bluetooth speaker and get a phone call, you can hear the phone ring from the speaker and the music is muted until the phone call is ended. Then it resumes playing your music.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20