Profile for Danielle McCabe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Danielle McCabe "driftofsanity" RSS Feed (Prattville, Al)

Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress Book 6)
Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress Book 6)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my... Why did I doubt you?, October 6, 2011
To be honest, I bought this book on accident. I thought I was buying the new lords of the underworld book, but found this instead. I had seen this series before, but the thought of an alien romance novel was a bit out of my liking. I've always loved Gena Showalter's books, but I never wanted to buy into this series. Because I had paid money for it, I read it. Oh my was I wrong. This novel was hot, just as much as the lords series.
The chemistry between Hector and Noelle was fraught between both chemistry and a level of understanding that is usually lacking to this degree in many novels. There was an intensity that came off between the two that made this novel irristible. I was hooked by the time Noelle and Hector had their first kiss. When realized this was going to be that I burn for you, but I can't have you. Now I love you and can't have you, I grimaced. But once again my expectations were killed. Because of the wittiness and almost unbreakable nature that our heroine boasted it broke past normal barriers that many novels hit. It was emotional, but not sappy or trite.
I kept waiting to find out that Hector had some alien blood mixed in or to find some magical way to solve Hector's problem, but I was glad when it never arrived. The solution made it more realistic I think. I almost wish I knew why Hector wa the way he was, but this had no affect on the plot of the connection of characters. It seemed a unessecary in the end.
I LOVED the relationship between Ava and Noelle. It had me rolling in laughter as I read. It balanced those heavy action scenes extremely well. The entire book was spersed wih humor. It fact, I'm still laughing about Hector and Noelle's imaginary babies.
I loved this book, and is going on my shelf for a long time. I now have plans to buy the rest of the Alien Huntress Series, and I may or may not go in order.

A Laird for All Time
A Laird for All Time

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprised, September 3, 2011
I honestly think that this book needs a review that dosen't focus solely on the grammar. Maybe it's just me, but the grammatical mistakes were not so bad that it interfered with the plot or characters. When I considered buying this book, the reviews made me waiver in my choice. Especially considering between the grammar comments, complaints with overused slang, and even the ones that compared this book, in a unfavorable light, to the Outlander series. I have a fond fascination with Scottish time travel novels, so I took the risk. I was pleasantly suprised by the novel.
It had the classic Scottish time travel formula. American girl goes on vacation to Scotland. Girl goes back in time, and meets Sexy highlander. We get hilarious misunderstandings, fierce arguments, and steamy scences galore. I expected that from the synopsis that this book would be rife with painful emotional angst, which would have been fine, but it suprised me by being light and really funny, with special thanks to our main heroine, Emmy. As for the comparsion to Outlander, I saw nothing other than the fact she was doctor from America.
I would have liked to have given this story a 5 star rating, but for me, I wanted a little more action. I realize it's simply a personal preference, but I did feel like the plot moved a little slowly for my taste. It wasn't that it was boring, the plot was simply pushed by the personal interactions versus physical action. It did pick up about half-way through, especially with the neat twist in the plot. I recommend this book for any one who likes funny heroines, sexy Highlanders, and mischeivous old men who can apparently gives second chances.

Highland Captive
Highland Captive
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, August 27, 2011
This review is from: Highland Captive (Kindle Edition)
I read alot of romance novels. I especially enjoy anything Scottish. I wasn't at all sure if this was going to be worth the money, but I took a chance. Having never read anything written by the author, it was a risk, but I enjoyed it. I enjoyed almost everything about this book actually. The writing is funny and humourous. I laughed out loud on several parts and found myself smiling like an idiot over Alera's antics. The love scenes were sensual, and got more touching with each one. The plot and action kept me sitting up late into the night. There were a few spots where I wish I had known more about these women warriors and the gifts,or even the kiddnapping plot, but to be fair, The author unfolded the details in a way that when you did learn the details it only seemed to stregthen the interpersonal relationships between not just Alera and Duncan, but all of the seconday characters as well.which is why the book is getting such an outstanding rating. This book belongs on my shelf for a long time, and I will be keeping an eye out for more of her writing.

Drink of Me
Drink of Me
Price: $5.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighed and Surprised, December 25, 2010
This review is from: Drink of Me (Kindle Edition)
So I took a risk in purchasing this book, never have enjoyed a fantasy type book before. I was delighted by the world that had been created. I really hope this becomes a series because with characters like that it would be a waste to do otherwise. Personally, I adored the alpha male who melted beneath the hands a tiny woman. Ms. Frank created a world that was quite believeable and beautiful enough to delight the senses while not raking me out of the plot to really have to enjoy it.The big kicker for the novel was the way the tension was built between our heroine and hero. It built amazing, sizzling scenes that held all the way to the epilouge. In short I was delighted and surprised by everything this book had to offer. This book belongs on the keeper shelf for a long while.

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Mackenzies Series Book 2)
Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Mackenzies Series Book 2)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Hopeful Beginning, December 19, 2010
I adored the first book in ths series. It was original, fresh, and intense. I expected similar from this book having already fallen in love with the Mac and Isabella in the first book, and I got it to a point. Jenifer Ashley gave us a new look on the typical regency romance. Our characters are already in love, but are unable to maintain their intense marriage of wicked bedplay, nonstop arguing, and weeks of seperation. When Isabella leaves Mac, it shakes up Mac's world, forcing him to let her slip from him and forcing himself to change. At the opening of the novel and three years after their legal seperation, Ashley delighted me, creating a whirlwind of emotions and desires. The novel is filled with touching scenes of repemption and pain. What ruined it for me was how Mac went from openly pursuing her, building glorious tension with every move from the characters, to deciding to pursue her by simply being near her. There was no more pursuit. He stepped back to allow her to choose, resulting in a string of lacking encounters. Don't get me wrong,the scenes are still beautiful, but in comparison to the intense scenes, some just fizzle away. I got a emotional charge from this book, from the characters,and enjoyed reading it overall.

One Night in Scotland (The Hurst Amulet Book 1)
One Night in Scotland (The Hurst Amulet Book 1)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Rushed, December 16, 2010
I, like all the other reviewers, love Karen Hawkins and regency romances. This one was a good read with interesting characters and good premise for plot, but it seems to have lost me towards the end. I devoured this book in one night, entertained by the battle of wills between the stubborn Angus and captivating Mary, but there were some holes in the story that seemed to screw up the great start. Her maid just disappears... She was mysteriously late to help,and apparently decided to dissapear completely. It wouldn't have been such a noticeable loss if she hadn't have been so predominate in the first half of the novel, with the dozens of mentions to her body and her non-stop complaining. A simple sentence of explanation could have been nice. After Angus reappears with Mary towards the very end, all of those nicely developed plot lines seemed to have been just thrown together, as if the author was impaitent to finish the novel for a deadline. Aside from the rushed ending and a disappering secondary character, I enjoyed the book, but it won't be on the keeper shelf.

At the Bride Hunt Ball (Avon Romance)
At the Bride Hunt Ball (Avon Romance)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Surprise, December 16, 2010
Without repeating the plot line, I was suprised by this book. It seems after reading several disappointing novels as of lately, I was worried this would be another to add to the stack, considering some of its previous reviews. It was actually fun to read, making me laugh out loud at our heroine's antics and downright horrible luck. The author gives a refreshing look into the regency novel, giving us a regency episode of the bachelor. Maybe it was because I could relate to our heriones impossible clumbiness and luck, but I loved her. The author balances that with a vulnerability that she tries to keep hidden. This book is funny, steamy, and provokes a sigh on the finale.