Profile for David Luis Pereira > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Luis Pereira RSS Feed

HP Social Media Snapshots Removable Sticky Photo Paper-25 sht/4 x 5 in
HP Social Media Snapshots Removable Sticky Photo Paper-25 sht/4 x 5 in

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 21, 2014
The app is great and this concept makes it really easy to mashup a Polaroid + Instagram sticker experience.

Playtex BPA Free Ventaire Bottle, 3 Count
Playtex BPA Free Ventaire Bottle, 3 Count
Price: $9.37
15 used & new from $8.24

2.0 out of 5 stars A lot more small parts to deal with than other bottles, August 14, 2011
We had these playtex bottles and breastflow bottles. There are two main things I do not like about the playtex bottles:

1) If you don't screw in the bottom properly, they will obviously leak. At 3am and half awake having to deal with screwing in the bottom part and the top part is a real pain. I would prefer something simpler.

2) The parts are small and I found would always fall through the racks in my dishwasher. This was really annoying. I didn't have any problem with the breastflow bottles.

Playtex 3 Pack VentAire Standard Bottles, 6 Ounce
Playtex 3 Pack VentAire Standard Bottles, 6 Ounce
Offered by CosmeticRX
Price: $12.99
6 used & new from $5.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to wash than other bottles, July 29, 2011
These bottles are difficult to wash because there are more parts than other bottles. Also the parts are small and tend to fall off racks in the dishwasher more easily. I've also had issues being half awake in the middle of the night and trying to reassemble the bottle where if not screwing in the base properly they will leak. More parts = harder to clean and more complexity to assemble. Simple is good, especially at 3am in the morning when your brain is just not on. I really like our breast flow bottles which are more simple to assemble and are less likely to leak.

Wasted Days
Wasted Days
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars such a diverse Slacker album, February 16, 2011
This review is from: Wasted Days (MP3 Music)
These guys are always pushing the envelope and bring a nice twist to their style with every new album. This album in particular stands out as a unique Slacker album. A good album for newbies and a must have for die hards.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD - Black
8 used & new from $150.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera. Exceeded my expectations, April 8, 2010
Things that exceeded my expectations/Pros:
- GPS accuracy was good (when updated)
- Video stabilization worked really well
- Image quality when optical zoom was at max was very good
- A lot more manual control than I expected
- Battery life with GPS on wasn't that bad. Noticed about a 25% reduction with taking photos (no flash) during a 3 hour period.

Cons:
- not thrilled with the button layout... need to get used to it.

I primarily bought this camera over other cameras because of the integrated GPS and HD video. I knew ahead of time it was 720p. For what I need, 720p is fine and I'm quite impressed with the video quality. Another reviewer mentioned a high pitched noise. My camera doesn't make this sound. I can hear high pitched frequencies pretty good and I didn't hear any coming from the videos I took.

With regards to the GPS, I was a bit skeptical at first and heard a lot of complaints about battery draining. I took the camera on the first day I got it for a test drive at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. The photos were easy to get off my camera with the included usb cable and geotagged directly into Flickr with ease.

I had GPS on for about 3 hours during our visit and with taking photos, I drained about 1/4 of the battery. For 3 hours on all the time, this didn't seem too bad. I was expecting worse based on others comments. I was also impressed with the resolution of the GPS location. I wasn't sure if the GPS was just going to just report one spot at the park, but you can see from the flickr page that it was able to locate my exact position throughout the park. The update can be a bit off. The GPS was updating within 5 minute periods, so when riding in the tram at the park, it wasn't always exactly where I took the picture. One nice feature is that you can request to have the location updated at anytime.

The image quality in light conditions is very good and I'm very impressed with the zoom and how clear pictures still are with full optical zoom. I haven't tested dark conditions yet. I like the balance of it's ease of use and the flexibility of having a lot of manual controls.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2010 3:10 PM PDT

Delta Faucet 75700 Universal Showering Components 7-Setting Handshower, Chrome
Delta Faucet 75700 Universal Showering Components 7-Setting Handshower, Chrome
Offered by MidAtlantic Merchant
Price: $23.30
42 used & new from $20.28

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor design. From trickle directly to full blast pressure, September 6, 2009
I bought this product from Home Depot. I wanted a shower head that had a water saving mode while I soaped up, but also something with good pressure. I was anticipating that when going through the settings that the pressure would gradually get stronger. Instead the shower goes from trickle to full blast and then back to a lighter massage, then typical shower and ends up at water saving mode. You would have thought going from trickle to water saving mode and then increase up to full blast would have been the best design. Other than that, the shower is well built considering it's all plastic and the pressure is great.

Kenwood KDC-BT742U WMA/MP3 CD Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth and Satellite/HD Radio/iPhone Ready

2.0 out of 5 stars If you don't have an ipod, but want to shuffle more than 255 music files, this device is worthless., March 14, 2009
Bought this receiver at Frys after getting recommended by the sales floor associate. After banging my head for an hour trying to figure out how to use this thing while reading through a poorly written manual, I finally managed to get the phone connected and figure out how to shuffle through music.

--- A HUGE Drawback ----
Unfortunately we found out this device only supports within folder shuffle for usb connected devices (not including ipod). The next logical thing is to then put all your music in one folder. Unfortunately the device won't recognize more than 255 files within one folder. This is a real pain. Especially when you consider a mp3 CD could hold close to 255 mp3s. My whole point for getting this was to get away with having to burn mp3 cds all the time.

Pros
- nice to have caller id and phonebook support
- internal mic worked pretty good

Cons
- Music presets were not that different. Previous Scion stock radio had much better variety of audio equalizer presets.
- Navigation through menus is not intuitive and difficult using the knob

Netgear EVA8000 Digital Entertainer HD
Netgear EVA8000 Digital Entertainer HD
7 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars With improving FW releases, this box is getting better, January 21, 2008
I've owned the netgear eva8000 for 8 months now. At first I was quite upset that it didn't perform all the tasks advertised on the box, especially the TV feature. However, now that I've been a beta firmware tester, I'm seeing that this box is getting much much better. The latest firmware versions are very stable and easy to navigate. The TV feature still doesn't work for me, but the engineers at Netgear are working on this issue.

On the weekends, I just let the box randomly play music from my collection during a photo slideshow. It really brings all your media to the family room and makes it easy to enjoy. I am really happy with this product.

Onkyo HTS790 7.1 Channel 1000 Watt Component Home Theater Audio System (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, Bass isn't as strong as I expected, June 3, 2007
Easy setup and a ton of features to fine tune this thing however you want.

FIFA Soccer 2006 - Nintendo DS
FIFA Soccer 2006 - Nintendo DS
Offered by You Name the Game
Price: $17.99
20 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly fun sports game on the DS and challenging, June 12, 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've been playing this game for about 2 months now. I've played FIFA on other consoles in the past and I have to say how impressed I am with how this game was ported over to the DS. I really like the instant replay and how you can easily zoom in/out, rotate, and slow down the replay as you watch yourself bicycle kick in the winning goal. It's an awesome game and I highly recommend this game if you looking for a good sports game for the DS.