Profile for GMTA Publishing > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 345

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

GMTA Publishing "GMTA Publishing" RSS Feed (North Carolina)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Donkey Hoo-Tee (The Diaries of Robins Toys)
Donkey Hoo-Tee (The Diaries of Robins Toys)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and Educational!, January 20, 2014
I absolutely loved this book. When I first saw the title I was confused about the name of the little donkey, but pleasantly surprised to learn how he ended up with it and the story behind it, told by the donkey himself. This book is so adorable, I can't wait to read the next one in the series. I'd like to thank the author for supplying me with a copy. The illustrations were so cute and very well done.

"Cluck Cluck?" (A Story About a Chicken Named Bob): (Bonus Thank-You Gift Inside) (Rain or Shine Story Book 1)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Be Yourself, December 9, 2013
This is a wonderful story about just being yourself and how that's all that matters. I feel this is a great story for all children with a timeless and valuable moral. The illustrations were beautifully rendered, charming and cute! A sweet little book.

Christmas Beyond the Box
Christmas Beyond the Box
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing and Timeless, December 9, 2013
I have always loved anthologies and have read some amazing ones throughout the years. I now have a new one to add to the list. This is by far one of the best Christmas anthologies ever written. You must not pass this one by. I will be looking for more works by these wonderful writers.

by Elisa Kleven
Price: $12.67
78 used & new from $2.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkably Astounding!, July 25, 2013
Glasswings: A Butterfly's Story

Elisa Kleven is by far one of the best children's book writers I have had the pleasure of reading. My own child is far from the age group for this particular book but she still enjoyed it as did I. There is quite a bit of symbolism in the book that seems synonymous with human frailty and fears but written in such a way as to make it easy for a child to understand.

As the little butterfly Claire, goes on her journey you float along with her and find yourself longing for a happy ending to her story. Children will no doubt love the tale and the illustrations are done in such a way as to be simplistic yet hold an imaginative beauty that speaks to the young and old.

I would highly recommend this book to all readers, not just those of certain age.

Kitty D. Bullard (GMTA Literary Reviews)

Hemlock Grove: A Novel (Fsg Originals)
Hemlock Grove: A Novel (Fsg Originals)
by Brian McGreevy
Price: $10.23
89 used & new from $2.15

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, June 14, 2013
I have to say that this book was exactly like the show. I often watch series or movies based on books and either they are better than the book or not as good. The series actually sparked my interest in reading the book and I was very happy to see that it stayed true to Brian McGreevy's fantastic tale. I'm hoping there will be sequels to this novel that will astound me even more. There's an odd creepiness to McGreevy's writing that is so very different from anything I've ever read. I plan to actively seek out more of this author's works and I can't wait for the future series episodes.

Fevre Dream
Fevre Dream
by George R. R. Martin
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
88 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fevre Dream (GMTA Review), January 24, 2013
I know Anne Rice did it first, or at least close to first. I'm still not exactly sure who was responsible for the first vampire novel based predominately in New Orleans but I can say that I know who has the best. Sorry Anne Rice, I loved Lestat, and I loved the entire world you created around those novels but I have to say that I am more in love now with George R.R. Martin than I have been since first picking up the "Game of Thrones" novels. Mr. Martin's talent expounds further than imaginable with this vampire novel first written and introduced in 1984. I had long ago gotten tired of the romanticized vampires that have been turning up more and more in the past few years and with the whole Twilight insanity it had become ridiculous. For the longest time I had actually stopped reading vampire novels because it seemed every author was trying to follow in Stephenie Meyer's glorified footsteps. Finally, I decided to give the vampire 'fad' one more chance and was lucky enough to find a paperback copy of Mr. Martin's book in the local bookstore.

Upon reading the back I was a little worried because of the story line being based in New Orleans but I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a try and I'm so happy I did. This story is definitely unlike any other I've every read. George R.R. Martin's vampires are SCARY, they are not the kind of vampires you would want to be associated with. Yes, they still have a certain beauty and grace, but in all seriousness, when you read how they are described, learn how their minds work and really get in deep you realize these creatures cannot truly love a human. Martin's vampires are also vastly different, they aren't 'undead' they are born with this affliction and they are in an essence truly tragic creatures because of it. In a lot of ways Martin's vampires are far more alien in creation than the ones we grew up with and forget about the silly things such as garlic, crosses, and holy water... that crap doesn't work!

Also.... I'm beginning to think that Charlaine Harris was not the first one to come up with the idea of a drink that would help the vampires with their thirst and the ability to live among humans.... read this book and you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure that Sookie was not thought of before this novel was out on the shelves.

Another thing I love about this book is that it takes place in the 1800's when steamboats were huge, jazz was alive, and abolitionists were rising up against slavery. Trust me this book is well worth your time and if you're like me and want to get out of the funk of the same old vampire novel, you definitely need to snap this one up!

The Owl Keeper
The Owl Keeper
by Christine Brodien-Jones
Price: $7.20
30 used & new from $1.52

5.0 out of 5 stars The Owl Keeper (GMTA Review), January 18, 2013
This review is from: The Owl Keeper (Hardcover)
My overall reaction to this novel is extremely favorable. I have definitely found another all time favorite children's author. My 12 year old daughter read the book and demanded I read it right after she was done. In her words, "Mom, this is one of the greatest books I have ever read, there has to be a second book!" She promptly made me stop what I was doing and look up the author to find out. When I told her there were other novels by Mrs. Jones she let me know with profound importance that she must have every single volume written. After having read, "The Owl Keeper" parents would do their children a great disservice to pass this author's works up.

Do your children a favor, get a copy of, "The Owl Keeper" today and Mrs. Jones, please for my sake and my daughters... write a sequel, the world of the Silver Owls, Max and Rose could not possibly be over!

Liesl & Po
Liesl & Po
by Lauren Oliver
Price: $6.29
64 used & new from $0.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Leisl & Po (GMTA Review), January 18, 2013
This review is from: Liesl & Po (Paperback)
What a supremely imaginative, delightful story! It is very rare that you come across full length novels that remind you of stories you remember as a child. For me, "Leisl & Po" is one of those stories that will live on in your memory for years to come.

After reading the book and Lauren Oliver's reasons for having written it, I have to say with as much loss as I have suffered of my own over the years, this book most certainly holds a place in my heart and always will. "Leisl & Po" is not just an exciting adventure but a book that gives one hope for a life beyond the existence we currently live in, while simultaneously providing hope that no matter how harsh this life can seem that there is still magic to be found if only we believe.

My recommendation of this book comes extremely high, and I hope both young and old will obtain a copy and come to treasure it as well.

This Brilliant Darkness (Contemporary Dark Fantasy)
This Brilliant Darkness (Contemporary Dark Fantasy)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This Brilliant Darkness (GMTA Review), January 18, 2013
Unlike Red Tash's other book "Troller Derby" I could not get into "This Brilliant Darkness" I did read it all the way through but I found myself constantly lost between what was happening real-time versus what was happening in the characters minds and I'm not even sure if there was a real-time versus mind-frame aspect to the story. The plot jumps from character to character which is not a bad thing but it did so, so much to the point that I constantly lost my place and was unsure of just where the story was going or what it was about.

At first I thought it was about a demon that was stalking one of the main characters and then when you get the chance to see into the demon's mind or creature's mind, it almost seems as though it's an alien of some kind. The fact that the entire story seems to revolve around this star phenomenon makes you want to lean more toward the alien idea but it's still very hard to understand.

The story has great potential and the writer shows good command of her craft but I just think the book was too diverse and jumped too much all over the place for me to get completely involved, thus my rating of 3 stars.

Shakespeare v Lovecraft: A Horror Comedy Mash-Up featuring Shakespeare's Characters and Lovecraft's Creatures
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Shakespeare Vs. Lovecraft (GMTA Review), November 19, 2012
Title: Shakespeare Vs. Lovecraft
Author(s): William Shakespeare, H.P. Lovecraft & D.R. O'Brien
Publisher: Obiedan Publications
Ages: 17+
Rating: 5

Review: I have long been a Shakespeare & Lovecraft fan and this book has made my dream come true! D.R. O'Brien has a supreme talent that cannot be denied. Over the years I have heard so many people say they have a hard time reading either of these authors because they can't understand the way they write. In this book that's not a problem. D.R. O'Brien marries the two so well and flawlessly as to create a story you will not believe could ever have been possible.

I highly recommend this mix of Shakespeare's most memorable characters with Lovecraft's most amazing monsters. A truly great read especially for fans of both writers and new potential fans of D.R. O'Brien.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20