Profile for T Rob > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T Rob RSS Feed (Washington, DC)

Rothco Venturer Survivor Shoulder Bags, Black
Rothco Venturer Survivor Shoulder Bags, Black
Offered by Makais
Price: $16.49
15 used & new from $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Rugged insides matter too! (A review 7 months later), February 26, 2014
This bag looked like it could take my purse abuse, but it didn't have lasting power...on the inside. I've had cheaper purses for MUCH longer than this...YEARS longer than this. Yes, I used this purse every day. It's what I do. I'm not a big purse person and I generally use one or two in a year - three if something fun (or sad) happened that I needed a nicer looking purse for. Done. I've been that way since ever.
It's only been 7 months and my keys have transformed 3 pockets into one. The outside of the bag is super rugged, but the inside is very, very thin material. The back pocket starting tearing first (from a plastic ID holder with 2 keys on it). The back pocket material is connected to the inside back pocket. Then the bottom of the main section of the purse started to tear which ripped to the inside of the biggest front pocket. That's actually 4 sections into one! It's a mess.
I noticed others said it was very floppy, which it is. I felt like I had to have it in a certain position to close the thing properly. Using both the inside button closure AND the plastic clip things are essential, but make it a little awkward to get into the purse in a "hurry" (i.e. feeling like you're already taking too long in the self check out line at the grocery store). I loved that the outside pocket fit my phone, but the other little smaller pockets attached to the front didn't serve much purpose...except to carry flash drives in. For that, it was great! The tiniest zip up pocket in the world (on the front of the bag) did me good for keeping dollar coins separated, but it won't hold much! The side pocket was useless for me - it was too thin for my phone and my mp3 player (both non-apple)

Hitech - Replacement 11711991, 3N600AAMTM, GESPCF02 Cordless Phone Battery for Many Radio Shack / Tandy Phones
Offered by Hitech
Price: $3.90

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 months later - dies after a few minutes, February 26, 2014
I knew I should have just ordered a new cordless phone somewhere, but decided to get a new battery instead. It worked great at first, but now I'm down to about 3-5 minutes of talk time before the thing goes dead - and THAT was on an overnight charge. So, $2 a month for forcing my old radio shack phone to stay alive for four months.
Time to just get a new phone.

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - Nintendo Wii
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Always Tax Free
Price: $8.09
243 used & new from $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Fool me twice - Shame on me, November 24, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
As the title would suggest, I wasn't a huge fan of the first Epic Mickey. I played it all the way through, several times to get every single little thing, but that doesn't mean that all the flaws didn't grate on me. My major pet peeves: randomly appearing/disappearing collectibles; game choices affecting items available; world paths "shutting down" after one play through and that leads to the worst of the worst - Forcing you to play through the whole game at least twice to truly finish (once with a paint path, once with thinner)
There are a ton of specific ways I could complain about this game, but at the very simplest core of it all is this: THIS GAME IS CONFUSING. Also, mind numbing.
I end up places and have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. The characters talk ALOT and between the fluff, you may not be paying attention to what they're asking for. (The voice volume, by the way, is way too high and there are many character voices that are simply annoying) There are tons of quests, but too many all presented at once and it gets hard to keep track. There is very little guidance as to how you get on one track of a quest vs. the alternative. There are so many areas to go into and some take a while to get back out again. It would've been so nice to include a pause menu option to go back to one of the main hub worlds, but instead you deal with projection screens, transport tubes, underground passages or paid train or balloon transports. Why so many, Disney? There's too many of everything in this game and it's not a good thing. Not at all.
I have not finished the game yet. I got to a point where the credits scrolled and then there was some cut scene that shows that you're not actually done. That was already obvious, considering I'm not close to even half of everything I'm supposed to collect and/or unlock.
If I wasn't one of those (nearly OCD type) completist gamers, I'd have quit this a while ago. I would not recommend this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2012 10:16 AM PST

In the Cut (Vintage Contemporaries)
In the Cut (Vintage Contemporaries)
by Susanna Moore
Price: $12.60
68 used & new from $0.44

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have walked away, January 21, 2011
I was close (several times) to just putting this book down and being done with it, but decided to push through. And I DID have to PUSH myself through finishing it. I started skimming through paragraphs, not really caring about the ridiculous, flighty, go-nowhere inner ramblings of the main character anymore. I just wanted to see what would happen. How will it end? And now I ask myself. Why did I even care? The writing seems juvenile and incomplete. But the author (or maybe it's the character) seems to think she's far smarter than she is. Ideas will suddenly come out of nowhere and end up as a dead end...as do characters. Susanna Moore manages to introduce a host of side characters that add zero to plot or storyline and really seem to have nothing to do anything at all. But, then again, the whole book follows the same problem. It's like some of the story ended up 'on the cutting room floor' or something. And to be described as erotic? Please. Dry humping has been described with more eroticism than anything in this book. This is a mystery with some sex in it - a badly written one at that.
Final verdict: Don't buy. Don't get from library. Don't waste your time

The Witching Hour (Lives of Mayfair Witches)
The Witching Hour (Lives of Mayfair Witches)
by Anne Rice
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.26
503 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm so sick of plant life in New Orleans!, April 27, 2009
After reading 5 of the Interview books, I decided to give this series a try after hearing that some of the characters, stories etc overlap. If this is your first Anne Rice read, my biggest problem with the book probably won't register with you, but honestly...how much time is necessary to describe each and every flower & tree in New Orleans?! I never heard of most of the plants she describes and just thinking about Bougainvillea now makes me angry. How many books does she need to write about New Orleans until she gives the reader a break from her romanticizing every aspect of plant life. Many times, her over-decriptions tore me right out of the story. And the "lead female" character I found pretty obnoxious and hard to relate to. I felt the ending to be very anti-climatic. The back story and history of the Talamasca (written as if from different scholars there) were the most interesting to me and held my attention more than anything else. I bought the other 2 books and will probably never read them..not any time soon anyway. Right now, I don't even want to return to the rest of the Interview series for fear of more quivering crepe myrtle and enchanting Bougainvillea.