Profile for #MrKRoom3 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

#MrKRoom3 RSS Feed

The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?
The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?
by Chris Brogan
Price: $16.99
108 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars This is an Excellent Rubric, October 25, 2012
Chris Brogan and Julien Smith have hit a home-run. The plain style language and conversational flow of the book make it very approachable. I believe I may be using this book and the Equation itself in a unique way.I am a teacher at Lawton Chiles Preparatory School in Cassellberry, FL. In my classes we have a secondary curriculum called "Positive Digital Footprint". In that time we encourage students to not only create social media but promote it as well. I have used The Impact Equation as a text. We not only try to rise above the noise and chatter of the masses, but also shamelessly promote ourselves, our interests and our causes in a positive and responsible manner. This book outlines how to do just that. We are not looking for a profit monetarily, but we do want to create value just the same. My labs and my school use the Impact Equation as a rubric for presentations as well. Students are versed in the meaning of Cx(R+E+A+T+E) and score one another and themselves accordingly. The Articulation informs my academic score, and the rest becomes part of their character grade. The kids know that they need to CREATE in order to get that 500! Point being, the Impact Equation is great for my individual endeavors, as a blogger, writer, activist (@ConHippy) and teacher. Shaunkunz.com

My Students wish to share.

Charlie says:

"I think it is very useful because it helps me understand what I can improve in my presentation. like articulation which basic means if I say, 'um,' 'ah,' stutter, or if I actually studied what I am supposed to say. We use it to score how effective the presentation was. It helps to gauge the audience participation."

Nelson Says:
"The Impact Equation has helped out the students and the teachers of Lawton Chiles Preparatory School #chilesprep. The Equation was first introduced to us by #MrKRoom3. At first I thought the Idea was pointless. As we continued to get more projects we used the Equation. I then started to realize how effective this Equation was. We haven't changed the Equation at all this entire school year. I'm very proud to be using this grading Equation."