Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Brandy Y > Reviews

Browse

Brandy Y's Profile

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brandy Y "Baby-boomer, avid reader, some favs: J.R.R.Tolkien, Dean Koontz, Stephen King. Newer fave authors: Carolyn McCray (HUGE talent!), & the new kids on the block, the self-proclaimed 'Kings of the Serials', Sean Platt & David Wright…all can be found on Amazon! GREAT reading! 8-)" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Sign of the Four  (Illustrated)
The Sign of the Four (Illustrated)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read!, February 7, 2016
I LOVE Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick, Dr. Watson! This was an entertaining read. I really enjoy the way Holmes teases out clues and solves cases, and confounds his friend with his steel-trap of an analytical mind.

Outage 4: The Reckoning (Outage Horror Suspense Series)
Outage 4: The Reckoning (Outage Horror Suspense Series)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you are warm when you read this...the cold and snow really come through-as well as the fright felt by the survivors!, January 19, 2016
I have enjoyed everything I've read by this author so far, and this read was no exception! The story keeps you guessing what could possibly happen next and the author does not make you wait long to find out. The pace of the story felt just right; not so fast that you can't keep up with the what's going on, yet fast enough you find yourself either holding your breath for the sakes of the characters or biting your fingernails in anticipation of what might happen next! Great little story and another great job by T.W. Piperbrook!

Song of Dragons: The Complete Trilogy
Song of Dragons: The Complete Trilogy
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Never disappointed with this author!, December 17, 2015
I am SO thrilled there will soon be another dragon trilogy! These are the kind of books you want to go on and on. In the meantime, this read should keep the whistle whetted!😉

The Vampire Hunter's Daughter The Complete Collection (Parts 1-6)
The Vampire Hunter's Daughter The Complete Collection (Parts 1-6)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't expecting to enjoy this book as much as I did!, October 24, 2015
I started reading this series thinking I would be put-off even finishing the first book, when just the opposite happened! Now I am looking forward to seeing how the rest of the series plays out! That is a testament to the talent of the writing of Ms. Wright. She really does a good job (in my humble opinion) of creating empathy for the main character, Chloe; I was effortlessly pulled right into the story, so that I felt what she felt. I most certainly am looking forward to reading the rest of this series!

Immortal Echoes (Haunting Echoes Book 2)
Immortal Echoes (Haunting Echoes Book 2)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What an adventure!!, July 14, 2015
I could not stop until I had read straight through all the books in this series! It began with the first book featured in a book bundle I bought entitled 'Secret Worlds' (a GREAT value with some equally GREAT stories!!).
The author does such a fine job weaving all the details and dialogue of this secret vampire world. I highly recommend this series and will most likely read more from this author.

Gods and Mortals: Twelve Free Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Novels Featuring Thor, Loki, Greek Gods, Native American Spirits, Vampires, Werewolves, & More
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise 😄, June 28, 2015
I love discovering new authors through these book bundles, and I plan on continuing to the next book in the series of several of these books. I was fully prepared to not enjoy at least a few of these books, thinking they would be 'too young' for me (I'll be 65 later this year), however, the writing was better than what I expected and was pulled into several of these stories to the extent I got teary-eyed more than once! You just can't go wrong when investing in these book bundles, especially this one! Happy reading!! 📖 👀

Temple of the Jaguar (Nick Caine Book 1)
Temple of the Jaguar (Nick Caine Book 1)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A dame, a jungle, a hidden treasure..., June 17, 2015
...a familiar formula, however, quite entertaining, if a little predictable. That said, I would definitely pick up the next installment of this series just to find out how the story plays out.

Vampire for Hire: Vampire Apocalypse (Kindle Worlds Novella)
Vampire for Hire: Vampire Apocalypse (Kindle Worlds Novella)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Samantha Moon true to form from another well-known author!!, June 16, 2015
I was very curious to discover whether or not Samantha Moon's 'voice' would remain close to the same coming from another author. Of course, this isn't just any author we're talking about here! J. Thorn is a talented author in his own right, and I've read most everything he's written. I am delighted to report that not only is this the Samantha Moon we have grown to love, but this is arguably the best story J. Thorn has written! I thoroughly enjoyed this take on the feisty vampire detective, and I fervently hope this particular series continues, as I am most curious to see where the story will go!

PU Leather Lightweight Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (2012, 2013 and 2015 Version) with Wake Sleep Function and Elasticated Hand Strap
Offered by hymax

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect..., April 19, 2015
I was kinda disappointed that the case does not fully close. Instead, there is a gap that can allow all kinds of stuff onto my new Paperwhite's face...not good. This case would have snagged at least another star if the tool included with the purchase (a nice extra) could have been stored in the case with my tablet...otherwise where am I supposed to put it to have it available for use with my new tablet?? There was also a protective, adhesive piece of rather stiff film included in the purchase bundle that I am rather hesitant to use since so many folks complain of lack of responsiveness after applying such a film. I do like the color, and the tablet fits snuggly, snapping firmly in place.

New Beginnings (Others of Edenton)
New Beginnings (Others of Edenton)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Saw a lot of my past self in Jess, December 9, 2014
Like many others have mentioned, this was also the first book by this author I have read, and I will admit, it took me a bit before I was 'hooked' into the story. However, once I felt the characters finally taking shape, I didn't put the book down until I had finished it.
Many readers are put off by, and can't understand how and why the characters act the way they do. The 'Alpha' Jess is leaving is pathetic, and most likely won't remain Alpha for much longer if he keeps up the whiney attitude. On the other hand, her new Alpha, Slater, has been around a long time and knows he can give Jess the time she needs in order to feel as though she can trust him and the love and life he is offering her.
I saw a lot of myself in Jess. I, too, felt as though I didn't deserve to be happy until my husband of the last 30 years patiently showed me otherwise.
There are people in this world who have been badly scarred by others, whether by parents, lovers, or anyone else who may have abused their trust. It takes a patient, understanding soul to help them to learn to trust and love again.
One thing I'll mention that was a pleasant surprise was a bit of a twist near the ending. I won't spoil it, but I totally did not see it coming!
I think this book is good for a rainy day reading. This isn't Shakespeare, after all! I will most likely give this author's next book or two a read and see if Jess and Slater get their act together. =]

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8