Profile for Buddy2Mello > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Buddy2Mello RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 360
Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 360
Offered by Detroit Packing Co.
Price: $16.95
226 used & new from $3.57

4.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, December 10, 2013
The MassEffect Trilogy was Awesome! Sure the ending doesn't culminate everything from part 1 and 2, which is what Bioware originally promised. We were supposed to have save data that transfered to each sequal and effect the climactic finale and it just didn't happen. I am upset but, so what! All three games were great. Mass Effect 3 had some of the best missions, characters, drama, intrigue, etc. of any game ever made. It's a classic!

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - Playstation 3
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - Playstation 3
Offered by Hitgaming Video Games
Price: $19.89
91 used & new from $10.97

4.0 out of 5 stars The TV Show is pretty good too., December 10, 2013
Splinter Cell on the original Xbox was my favorite game besides Halo Combat Evolved. I am happy to say the series is finally getting back to its roots. This game is not perfect and the graphics are lackluster and glitchy at times. But overall this is a really good stealth game. Ubisoft has taken a page out of the MassEffect trilogy and given you the Paladin as a home base to launch different missions. I'm ok with it, as well as the option to go in guns blazing, "Panther," or "Ghost." The only thing missing is the voice of Michael Ironside.

Gran Turismo 6
Gran Turismo 6
Price: $29.99
102 used & new from $23.94

4.0 out of 5 stars STILL THE BEST, December 10, 2013
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (Video Game)
This is the deepest and most feature rich driving simulator available on any console. The graphics and sound do need an upgrade, but we all know the PS3 is obsolete tech at this point. If we are lucky Polyphony Digital will provide a DLC patch to improve the audio/visual and AI hiccups. Regaurdless, the fact remains that GT6 has a peerless selection of cars, tracks, and things to do in the Career Mode. I pre-ordered from GameStop and recieved the 15th Anniversary Edition with the 25 car pack! They are all brilliant, and they are downloaded strait into your garage. You don't have to buy the DLC, and then spend in-game credits in order to use the cars like in Forza 5! If you haven't made the upgrade to PS4 or Xbone yet, GT6 is a nice swan song for your PS3.

F1: 2012 - Xbox 360
F1: 2012 - Xbox 360
Offered by King Beardo
Price: $39.99
35 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Formula Un, November 5, 2013
This review is from: F1: 2012 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I got this game for well under $20 shipped to my home. The game was in "like new" condition and the VIP online code was included. The game is so amazing! I was hesitant because F1 2013 is just hitting stores now, but it's not worth $40 more than 2012. Maybe, if Code Masters had included all of the Classic content for $60, I might could justify it. But they didn't, and they are missing Ayrton Senna.

F1 2012 includes all the great drivers, cars and tracks from the 2012 season. That's quite a boatload of content. There is a "Young Drivers Test" for noobs, a season challenge, career mode and time attack, plus a bunch of multi-player options for split-screen or XboxLive. You even have a Champions Mode to go through scenarios vs. Vettel, Hamilton, Button, Schumacher, Raikkonen, and Alonso.

The gameplay is very fun. There are plenty of difficulty options to tailor the game to your play style. But this is more of a simulation of Formula 1, so it can be tough. I use a Fanatec CSR wheel and Pedal, so I can make several minute tunes on the wheel, in addition to the force feedback options in-game. I've got it dialed in to perfection for me, 300 degrees of rotation, 0 deadzone, 0 damping, and so on.

The graphics are gorgeous. The cars are accurate although they do have a few low res decals, here and there. But the tracks look fantastic. I watch the races on Fox Sports, rip Speed Channel. This is, near as makes no difference, to watching the broadcast. I'm playing the Xbox360 version, so no framerate issues like the PS3. It's in the same class with Dirt 3, Forza 4, and GT5. All of which I own, and play to death! This is going to hold me over since I've finished Forza Horizon, and have to wait until December 6, 2013 for Gran Turismo 6.

I'm hooked!

The Edge
The Edge
DVD
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Back to Siberia...., July 3, 2013
This review is from: The Edge (Amazon Instant Video)
This movie is about an isolated labor camp in Russia. A war vet chooses the camp because he wants to continue to pilot trains, but he has been deemed unfit by his superiors. Out in the middle of nowhere, he figures he'll find his last chance. He does and that's what this movie centers around. Of course they try to squeeze in a bit of romance, but the whole premise is boring. I did watch the entire film. Its ok for what it was. The only Russian language film I have ever seen. It's probably the only one I ever will see.

Alive in South Africa
Alive in South Africa
Price: $10.69
62 used & new from $4.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 2-Disc Set!, March 17, 2013
This review is from: Alive in South Africa (Audio CD)
This is one of the best Gospel Albums EVER! It never gets old. Nothing can stop the favor of the LORD!

USB Adapter for Apple iPod Shuffle 2 Generation
USB Adapter for Apple iPod Shuffle 2 Generation
Offered by Sanoxy
Price: $2.99
4 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They Actually Work!!!, August 12, 2012
These little bitty USB adapters work with my Wife's iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen. We have been all over searching for a charger, but they have been discontinued. I finally found the charger on AppleStore.com for $30.00, are they insane?! I decided to take a chance on these inexpensive devices instead.

I was not able to use these with my Apple USB wall charger. But THEY WORK PERFECTLY when plugged directly into my PC! I am glad I bought 3 of them. They are very small, and made of plastic. They only cost a buck, so I don't expect them to be indestructible. Handle with care, but buy with confidence! THESE ARE A GREAT DEAL!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! They Work!!!, August 12, 2012
These iPod Cables work! I was skeptical because of some of the bad reviews. However the price was worth the risk, so I took a chance and ordered this 3-pack. I recieved them quickly and plugged each one into my wall charger and... NOTHING! It did NOT charge. I was about to write a terrible rant on how these cables were GARBAGE! But I was too busy with other matters.

A few days later I was about to throw them into the trash. But out of pure desperation for music, I decided to try to plug them directly into my PC to sync my iPod Touch. THEY WORK PERFECTLY FINE! They immediately started to charge my dead iPod Touch and then sync with my iTunes account! GLORY TO GOD! ITS A MIRACLE!!! Maybe my Apple USB wall charger is broken? I'm not sure. But the cables work, and yes they are comparable quality to the official Apple cables that are way over priced!

Project Gotham Racing 4 - Xbox 360
Project Gotham Racing 4 - Xbox 360
Offered by Rockymountainretail
Price: $13.32
174 used & new from $0.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than I Remember!, July 12, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was a huge fan of Metropolis Street Racer on Dreamcast, so of course I loved Project Gotham Racing games on Xbox. I played them so much I got burned out on PGR4, so I traded it for a PS3 game. I've spent the last few years playing the death out of Gran Turismo 5 and Forza Motorsport 4. I found PGR4 on here brand new for only $4, and said it'd be fun to revisit an old favorite.

Wow! This game is BEAUTIFUL! The graphics are so vibrant and its an excellent artistic design all around. The city atmosphere is a welcome change from the sterile tracks in these new race sims. Sure, these environments don't have the same level of realism, but its more vivid and pretty. This game is eye candy!

PGR4 has a pretty decent selection of Licensed cars from the big manufacturers. These include Ford, Chevy, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, Lotus, Aston-Martin, RUF (Porsche), Toyota, and the list goes on! The driving physics are an arcade/sim blend. Its more about having fun, so its not as brutal as Forza or GT. Although AI can be brutal sometimes. But you can adjust the difficulty. The races and challenges are a ton of fun to me, especially now that I use a Fanatec CSR wheel, as opposed to a controller!

The Kudos scoring system, which gives bonus points for driving stunts, has been scaled back from earlier PGR games. Motorcycles are included but I could care less. The game is, as always, jam packed with great music. This is just a great early-generation Xbox360 game!

Skylink SC-100W Security System
Skylink SC-100W Security System
Price: $80.26
14 used & new from $59.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Ear Piercing Home Alarm!, March 31, 2012
The SkyLink SC100 ($99) is a brilliant home alarm system at a bargain price. I have done a ton of research on alarms. Most systems in this price range are useless because the alarm is not loud enough. Some systems can dial a cell phone to notify you that you are being robbed, but that leaves a big window of time for the thief. This system can instantly blast a 120 dB alarm that will split your wig! It defaults to a 30 second delay, to allow time to type the disarm command code. But I prefer its option for instant alarm!

The SC100 comes nicely packaged in a small box. It includes the Control Panel, a Motion Sensor, two Door/Window Contact Sensors, a Remote Key Fob, and all the wires and batteries needed. The instruction manual is adequate but if you have any problems there are several installation videos on YouTube. I ordered the extra AA433 Wireless Audio Alarm ($35) which screams at 110dB! I always worry that a thief could bash the Main Control unit to defeat its siren. But the AA433 will still be screaming on the other side of the house!

If there is any negative with this system, its that the AC Adapter's cord is exposed. A smart thief could just unplug it, and I'm not sure if the battery back-up drives the siren. I mounted my system close to my refrigerator, and plugged it in behind the fridge. That way the cable is hidden and you'd have to move the whole refrigerator in order to unplug it.

This is just a great idea for any home owner. If you don't want the expensive monthly fees of the high end Alarm Systems, this is your best bet!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2012 10:01 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2