Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Joe Bonamassa All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now Retro Toys Deal
Profile for C. J. Campbell > Reviews

C. J. Campbell's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. J. Campbell RSS Feed (Redford twp., Mi United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Concordia Self-Study Bible: New International Version
Concordia Self-Study Bible: New International Version
by Concordia Publishing House
Price: $38.34
80 used & new from $7.73

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst study bibles I have ever tried to use, March 7, 2015
One of the worst study bibles I have ever tried to use. The notes are cumbersome and ill thought-out.
More often than not the note will say, "See note at" only to be referred to another "See note at".
Stupid and ridiculous for study.
Do yourself a favor and buy something else, this publication sucks.

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (128 GB, Intel Core i5, Windows 8.1) - Free Windows 10 Upgrade
Price: $792.00
113 used & new from $549.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Gates does it again..., October 23, 2014
Wow, this machine is amazing.

It's no secret that I declared windows dead to me about 5 or 6 years ago.

I switched to Mac and found a superior product although limited to available programs.

I love how Apple products do what they are supposed to do without arguing... Apples just work, period.

Not so with the Windows platform. Windows argues with everything its owner desires to do.

You want to install a simple program.?.? Oh, you'll get it installed EVENTUALLY, after updating this, or patching that, or working around the millions of other glitchy ways of life all Windows users experience.

I get tired of arguing... sometimes I just need to work, no arguing, just do it.

Apple products? Almost no arguing, ever. As stated, "It just works."

After turning away from the Windows platform, I purchased an Apple desk-top unit, a mac-book, and the iPhone. And was stress free.

Now it was time for an update and for the first time in years I was on the "hunt" for a new system.

I had heard a little about the Windows Surface and was positive I was not going to buy it, but I checked it out.

A lot of people are fans of Steve Jobs, and a lot of people are fans of Bill Gates... but facts are facts.

Bill Gates' Surface Pro is the next generation Apple iPad/personal computer running a very good Windows program.

Windows for the first time EVER builds a computer, and it has all the Apple quality and proven engineering built right into Bill Gates Surface Pro's introduction into the computing manufacturing market.

It appears to this reviewer that Bill Gates has once again mined (some would argue he stole it) Steve Job's Apple and created an outstanding "Windows" product.

Right, wrong?

Who cares facts are facts, this thing rocks, and in my opinion is a bargain at this price range.

It does everything and it does it well, which for Microsoft is a novelty.

Thanks Steve Jobs, but you'll probably be forgotten!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2014 12:37 AM PST

Manson: The Life and Times of Charles Manson
Manson: The Life and Times of Charles Manson
by Jeff Guinn
183 used & new from $0.24

1.0 out of 5 stars BIASED to say the least., September 21, 2014
If you are looking for an unbiased book about the life and times of Charles Manson, this is NOT the book.

The author is biased and has great disdain for his subject matter (Manson).

If you love to hate the man, read this book.

If you are looking for objective facts? Look elsewhere.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2014 4:17 AM PST

Rocksmith Guitar And Bass
Rocksmith Guitar And Bass
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $53.98
11 used & new from $42.99

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK!!, October 23, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
JUNK, period.

Hours and hours just to install... when if you don't have an internet connection?

Can't recommend.

Hassle, hassle, hassle... I just want to play guitar.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2012 10:16 AM PST

Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect
Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect
Offered by Esolutions88(Tax Free)
Price: $264.00
123 used & new from $99.00

1.0 out of 5 stars typical Microsoft scam... pull out the wallet., October 23, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Microsoft sheeple rejoice... you will continue to pay, and pay, and pay...

You are paying for the online service, whereas Playstation Plus offers free content for a paid subscription.

You can hook up a USB Hard Drive, but you have to format it for the Xbox, and you can ONLY use 16GB of that as storage.

Graphics are not quite as sharp as on the PS3. Play Battlefield and you will notice the textures are not as good.

The interface on the Xbox is very clunky and hard to find things.

The Controller layout as well as the directional pad are horrible. Call me a Playstation Fanboy but the Dualshock 3 does everything right.

No Blu-Ray Player.

If you buy the charging cable for your Xbox controllers, the design is horrible.

This model has no hard drive. You cannot play regular Xbox games without one.

I can't recomend... unless you have a money tree, buy a PS3

Sex, Drugs, Violence and the Bible
Sex, Drugs, Violence and the Bible
by Chris Bennett
16 used & new from $42.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, October 22, 2012
In my opinion this is not a bad work considering the author doesn't really know and understand his subject matter. I do NOT like his disdain for God's prophets.

The author Chris Bennett missed the most important parts, skipped the best.

If he understood the basics I am positive he would have been successful in his legal argument for cannabis as a religious sacrament... all one has to do is look at the Catholic Church for their blueprint to freedom.

What was it Mr. Bennett missed? Namely that Marijuana is the lost ingredient in the Eucharist that ALL Christians must eat to be considered a Christian, and saved.

The author points out correctly that Marijuana is in the Holy Oil of Christians and Jews... but then he ignores the fact that this same Marijuana Holy Oil is in the bread that is the Lord's Supper.

Notice the bible gives us very exacting instructions on how to make this bread we are to eat, and notice it is made with Marijuana oil spoken of in Exodus 30:23.

This is the thing that everyone is missing, and it is a very important part, indeed it is the crux of all things in Christianity and Judaism, and it has been hidden (just like the Bible states) for a very longtime, to be revealed in this day. Now notice in the Torah, the book of Leviticus gives us exacting instructions on how to make this bread for Passover Seder using the Holy Temple Oil commanded by God, read the below scriptures:

Lev 2:1 When you offer sacrifices to give thanks to me, you must use only your finest flour. Put it in a dish, sprinkle oil and incense on the flour,
Lev 2:2 and take it to the priests from Aaron's family. One of them will scoop up the incense together with a handful of the flour and oil. Then, to show that the whole offering belongs to me, the priest will lay this part on the bronze altar and send it up in smoke with a smell that pleases me.
Lev2:4 If you bake bread in an oven for this sacrifice, use only your finest flour, but without any yeast. You may make the flour into a loaf mixed with oil, or you may make it into thin wafers and brush them with oil.
Lev 2:5 If you cook bread in a shallow pan for this sacrifice, use only your finest flour. Mix it with oil, but do not use any yeast.
Lev 2:6 Then break the bread into small pieces and sprinkle them with oil.
Lev 2:7 If you cook your bread in a pan with a lid on it, you must also use the finest flour mixed with oil.
Lev 2:8 You may prepare sacrifices to give thanks in any of these three ways.

Notice in the above the bread can be made three different ways, but marijuana oil is required in all three instances of the making of this bread, and thus the eating of the Tree Of Life (what we call Marijuana) is completed.

Mr. Bennett totally and 100% missed this vital bit of information that WILL change the world.

My name is Chris Campbell, and that is THUS SAITH THE LORD!!

Marijuana IS the tree of life.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2015 8:19 PM PST

Yamaha C40 Full Size Nylon-String Classical Guitar
Yamaha C40 Full Size Nylon-String Classical Guitar
Offered by Austin Bazaar
Price: $139.99
6 used & new from $120.00

5.0 out of 5 stars YAMAHA!!!! Won't You Show Me The Way..., September 20, 2012
OK, I'll admit it... I am guitar crazy!

I love them all, even broken and warped... I find myself trying to etch out a tune! To me they are just good FUN.

OK, now that we know I consider even a bad guitar fun, I would like to tell you about the C-40.

I would also like to state that I own 10 guitars, and I mix it up.

I have a twelve string, semi-hollow, Les Paul, stratocaster, and several others... if I see a guitar I like, I buy it.

While browsing a local guitar store I ran across the Yamaha C40 used for under $70.00 with the hard a case.

When I approached the sales guy we talked and he eventually talked me out of the C40 and into a different nylon string, I walked out a happy camper.

But when I got home after almost 2 weeks I noticed it didn't really have that "it" quality I require in a guitar... that intangible thing that just sounds and feels "right".

After a few days I realized that this guitar I was talked into wasn't getting any use, so I took it back and found the samed use C-40 still sitting there.

I snatched it up and took it home... I named her Baby; I strum this little darling more than all the other guitars I own combined... it just sounds so good and feels right and seems to be in my hands all the time.

Before this guitar I will admit electric was king at my house... but not any longer, this little sweetheart gets hugs and kisses from me every day.

I love it!

Microsoft Office XP Professional [OLD VERSION]
Microsoft Office XP Professional [OLD VERSION]
15 used & new from $17.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Typical windows, September 15, 2008
I have Microsoft Office 2000 and was in the process of buying/upgrading to Microsoft Office XP, until I noticed that I would have to buy 4 different programs for my family's 4 separate computers.

My wife has her own computer, my daughter has her own computer I have mine, and we have a laptop we all use collectively when we travel.

So with Microsoft's new licensing policy it would cost me a small fortune to keep those in my family using the XP version.

On top of that... we tend to stay on the cutting edge of the latest hardware available, (I build and upgrade my own systems), so I would be susceptible to going to Microsoft with my hat in hand explaining why I need clearance to reinstall THEIR program again on my computer.

I know the runaround this involves, plus I don't like the idea of having to play this game with a product I have paid for!
It is demeaning to say the least.

Microsoft can keep their programs (I was going to purchase Microsoft Front Page and found similar restrictions), and I will be sure to keep their "Big Brother" mentality in mind when I purchase software in the future.

This new licensing policy is sure to hurt their sales and is sure to open up opportunities for other software companies not so anal about licensing.

Microsoft can stick this (and their other programs) up their hard drive, because it's not going on mine!

Secrets of Golgotha: The Lost History of Jesus' Crucifixion
Secrets of Golgotha: The Lost History of Jesus' Crucifixion
by Ernest L. Martin
20 used & new from $116.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Crucifixion was worse than you ever thought possible, March 24, 2006
Think Mel Gibson’s movie “Passion” was too much to bear… do you think maybe he overdid the blood and guts portrayed in the movie?

Think again.

After reading Chapter 22 in this book I was floored.

I sat with tears in my eyes when I realized, for the first time, how much Jesus really suffered for us. It is truly unfathomable.

The author paints a picture backed by biblical scripture that is irrefutable and devastating at the same time.

Anyone who claims to be a Christian NEEDS to read this book, no matter what denomination they belong too.

It is important for us to remember daily what was done at the Cross of us… so the next time the devil points an accusing finger at us… we point to the Cross and KNOW the price has been FULLY paid.

There are also many other things in this book that make it worth the read… it is truly an eye opener in many areas.

I have all of Ernest L. Martin’s books and I have found him to be very understandable and accurate in almost all of his teachings.

Buy this book and read it!

Buy one for a Christian friend as a gift, they will thank you!

The History of Fighting Dogs
The History of Fighting Dogs
by Dieter Fleig
27 used & new from $30.74

5.0 out of 5 stars HE WHO DOES NOT LEARN FROM HISTORY IS DOOMED TO REPEAT IT., January 31, 2006
Pitting man's best friend against man's best friend counts among the most heinous crimes our race has ever committed. Animal rights activists and many dog lovers cannot bear the thought of dog fighting as an acceptable "sport," yet the breeds once used in these bloody games remain among the world's most loved and popular companions dogs. The History of Fighting Dogs traces the fascinating history of the dog pits, and donkeys, to the gory contests with a thousand rats, to the ultimate fight: dog against dog.

We cannot ignore or deny the history of our dogs, or of our race. This important first volume by international dog expert Dr. Dieter Fleig delves deeply into the history of the fighting dog, its effects on our dogs today, and its reflection on the social character of the times.

Over a hindered prints, paintings, and sculptures-many in color- bring to life the woeful tales of the dog pit and the brave canine warriors that proved fearless and relentless time and time again. For advocates of the bull and terrier breeds, for all dog lovers, and for animal people everywhere, this book is a timeless, truthful testament to man's best friend and his all-giving (and forgiving) heart.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3