Profile for Erica > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Erica "ETG" RSS Feed (Southeastern Michigan)

Page: 1 | 2
Ultimate Board Game Collection - PlayStation 2
Ultimate Board Game Collection - PlayStation 2
Offered by Valoulou
Price: $13.50
139 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought..., May 4, 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, I guess I misled myself on this one. My parents have this game for their Wii, and I enjoyed playing it when I was there. So when I saw it was available for my PS2 (and cheap) I thought 'why not?' But it was nothing like the Wii version, not even half the same games. Plus, it doesn't even work on my PS2! I played it at somebody's else's house with no problem, but I get a disk error on mine! Could be an error on my end, but I have no problems playing any other game. So this was a disappointing buy.

Jerdon JGL9W Tri-Fold Lighted Mirror with 5x Magnification, 4-Light Settings, White Finish
Price: $34.99
24 used & new from $26.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, May 4, 2009
I'm speaking on behalf my girlfriend because I bought this as a birthday gift for her. She has wanted a lighted mirror forever. Actually, she'd rather have a lighted vanity if she could. But for my price range, this is what I bought based on customer reviews. She's very much into her make-up, and doing tutorials on youtube. So she definitely needed something of a professional grade. She's used it every day since her birthday, and loves it. The only complaint she has had is that the stand could be better. The backing can be a bit flimsy. Other than that, this was a great buy.

Wheel of Fortune PS
Wheel of Fortune PS
175 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Give me an U!, April 27, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wheel of Fortune PS (Video Game)
I'm a game lover, my girlfriend is a game lover, my family loves games, and her family loves games. So we're always playing games whether cards, board games, our PS2 or my parents wii. There is no wrong WOF from all the versions I've played. WOF can't do wrong. Although I do have to say its kind of fun to make fun of Vanna White or the computer contestants. This is my review of any WOF, any system. Its an entertaining classic game.

Wheel of Fortune, 2nd Edition

The Game of Life
60 used & new from $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey Hasbro...when do we get an update...?, April 27, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Game of Life (Video Game)
This is a long overdue review for The Gamne of Life, cause I've had it since it came out. This game is awesome. I now own a PS2, but this is one of the few games I didn't sell on eBay along with my PS1. It is fun to play alone, or with the family. Classic / Enhanced versions, along with options to set the game up exactly the way you like it. If you love the board game / if you have a PS1, PS2 or PS3: get this one before its extinct. This game is so old now, it just baffles me they have not updated it to the new systems. When Hasbro created "Family Game Night" (also a great game) in 2008, why was this one not included?! That was the perfect opportunity to bring it back to life again!

The L Word: Season 5
The L Word: Season 5
DVD ~ Jennifer Beals
Price: $24.01
21 used & new from $13.81

3.0 out of 5 stars No "extra" credit for this DVD, April 27, 2009
This review is from: The L Word: Season 5 (DVD)
For season 5 I can say it sure bumped back up from season 4. Four was rough and a bit disappointing. Season six was a complete letdown. But season 5, even though there were some shaky parts and a couple of eye rolls I made; I was impressed and entertained. I loved many of the metaphors I never caught first watching it on Showtime. So out of six seasons, this is one of the top three. I do have to say though, and I've had this complaint with each DVD that has come out since season one...what is up with the "bonus features"? Why is there practically nothing from the show at all? For one, I have to sit through a commercial for Showtime at the beginning of every single disk. You can't skip over it, not allowed. Then when you think you're looking for deleted scenes, gag reels, or any more juicy stuff you can get from the show - forget about it. Not there. You get 2 episodes of The Tudors. There are some LGBT things on there, and an uh-huh her music video, which is great and all...but why nothing from the show...? Did every scene film perfectly so there were no deleted or extended scenes? Did not one person on set screw up or make a joke for a gag reel? Come on. All you have to offer are still photos of scenes from the show? I could have easily just recorded the show onto DVD as I watched it on Showtime. So if you can, I suggest you do that instead.

Cardo S-2 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones
Cardo S-2 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthy buy, March 31, 2009
Since I can't afford an iPod currently, I decide to make sure I bought a cell phone with a digital mp3 player on it. I personally hate the little earpiece headphones that you stick in your ear. They don't feel comfortable and pop out a lot. So I started to research bluetooth headphones. I got this pair right off the bat because they were on sale and had decent reviews from other buyers. I just got them this morning. I charged them for the recommended time and just recently took them off the charger to test them out. Pairing the headphones with the cell phone...easy as pie. Its like 3 steps, though the instructions make it look like more. So I reved up the mp3 player and tried out a little AC/DC Back in Black...I think the sound quality is perfect. I agree with other buyers when they say the headphones themselves are a strange fit. The adjusting of them to fit your head is kinda weird. But I think these will be very easy to get used to.
I'm a very satisfied customer on the first day of purchase. Can't wait to use them for their purpose, walking during my work lunch hours. Maybe I'll update again 50 pounds lighter!

The Princess Bride (20th Anniversary Edition)
The Princess Bride (20th Anniversary Edition)
DVD ~ Cary Elwes
Offered by Media Favorites
Price: $6.74
136 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars inconceivable!, March 10, 2009
Another classic, another favorite of mine. Of course, I own the Dread Pirate Roberts edition, unbeknowst that a 20th Anniversary Edition would come out the following year. *sigh* But what can you do? I always annoy my friends when they buy DVDs cause I tell them "You should wait 2 years on that one. By then it'll be 10 years and they'll probably have another special version out." LOL. Anywoo, I love this movie because like Peter Falk's character says in the movie, its got a bit of everyting from action to romance to thriller...you name it. Not to mention the endless list of fabulous actors like Cary Elwes, Robin Wright Penn, Christopher Guest, Mandy Patinkin, Chris Sarandon, Andre The Giant, Fred Savage, Carol Kane, Billy Crystal...every generation is going to know somebody in this cast! Its a classic the whole family, any age, loves. Timesless.

Caught
Caught
DVD ~ Edward James Olmos
17 used & new from $10.41

5.0 out of 5 stars I was caught up in it..., March 10, 2009
This review is from: Caught (DVD)
I would love to own this movie and its a shame that I do not. I remember seeing this at the movie theater with a group of friends and...it was brilliant. It was well written, well acted...I mean, the "footsie" scene alone I remember everybody in the movie theater gasping. It was one of those movies you were glad to see it on the big screen and appreciate going through the story with other people. Absolutely two thumbs up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2009 1:13 PM PDT

Wonder Woman: Season 1
Wonder Woman: Season 1
DVD ~ Lynda Carter
Offered by Pure n Simple
Price: $22.70
24 used & new from $10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars All the world is waiting for you..., March 10, 2009
This review is from: Wonder Woman: Season 1 (DVD)
I'm late in the game with my review since I had actually bought the DVDs of the series as they came out. I watched WW growing up, and when I heard it was coming to DVD, I couldn't contain my excitement. As cheesy as it was, I loved rewatching the show. Lynda Carter as WW still stands the test of time. Whenever I hear talk of a WW movie, and names thrown around as to who would play her, I just shake my head with disgust with each name. Can I share a secret with you? I have one person in mind, which will probably start a possible outrage...but I think the one person I can see playing WW now...Lucy Lawless. Now before jumping down my throat, lol...remember, that's only just 1 opinion.

Page: 1 | 2