Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for nawesome > Reviews

Browse

nawesome's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

nawesome RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker, Silver/Black, Small
Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker, Silver/Black, Small
Price: $126.99
9 used & new from $126.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitbit Alta vs Fitbit Charge, April 10, 2016
History: I've owned the Fitbit Zip, Fitbit Charge, and now the Fitbit Alta. This will mainly be a review comparing the Charge vs the Alta since I think they are the most similar and are at a similar pricepoint. I unfortunately forgot to take off my Charge while swimming in the ocean in Mexico, hence, leading to its death. I had owned the Charge for a year up to that point and loved it. Since my local Best Buy didn't have the Charge in stock, I decided to try out the Alta to see if it could be a suitable replacement.

Looks: The Alta is much sleeker than the Charge, and has 10 options for watch faces vs 4 on the Charge. Granted, I use the same watch face as on the Charge (clock with date), so this isn't a huge deal to me, but is nice. Winner: Alta

Clasp: A number of people have mentioned how hard it is to get the Alta on, and I agree that it is harder than the Charge, but not that much harder, it maybe takes 2-3 seconds longer. I had problems with my Charge popping off at random moments, and I haven't had that happen with the Alta. Once it's on, it's not coming off. Winner: Alta

Features: The Alta and Charge both have a display that features time, steps, distance, calories burned, and active time. The Charge display is activated by tapping below the screen, activating quick view, or pressing a button the side, whereas the Alta lacks the button found on the Charge and is activated by tapping below the screen or activating quick view. In addition, the Charge also counts the number of floors you climb throughout the day and displays that (which was really fun to see as I do a lot of hiking), which the Alta does not have. Both Fitbits have a caller ID feature for incoming phone calls, with vibration, and both Fitbits also have silent alarms and auto sleep tracking, which I find to be equally accurate on both Fitbits. The Alta, however, added text message and calendar notifications. I have only used the text message notifications, which I find to be really nice, as it displays the contact name and the first 6 words of the text on the screen. In addition both Fitbits have exercise tracking, although the Charge is manual, where you hold a button and then a timer displays (which was very useful to me as I like to track how long I've been exercising), vs the Alta is "auto" tracking, meaning you don't press any buttons and you can see your workout time on the app when you sync later. Also note, neither are waterproof, and the Alta has the ability to change bands.
Winner: Tie, the Charge has the stair counter and manual exercise tracking (which I like better than the auto tracking due to being able to see my time exercised on screen) and the Alta has text and calendar notifications and the ability to change bands. It depends on what's more important to you.

Battery Life: Both the Charge and Alta batteries last about 7-8 days. Although I do like the charging on the Alta better since my charger used to often pop off the Charge and the Alta charger is more secure.
Winner: Tie, with a slight edge to the Alta for improvement in the charging dongle.

I've decided to keep the Alta for now. I might change my mind if I decide I really miss the stair counter and timer on the exercise mode, but for now the sleeker, updated design and text notifications are big pluses to me over the Charge.

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred
DVD ~ Jillian Michaels
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $7.34
174 used & new from $0.70

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like this workout, check out Ripped in 30 instead., December 29, 2015
This was my first Jillian Michaels DVD and at the time I would have rated it 5 stars, but since I have purchased more of her DVD's, I think there are better workouts out there. If you like this DVD, please try Ripped in 30 as it is essentially the same style of workouts, but much improved over this DVD. I think Ripped in 30 has better warm-ups and cool-downs (slightly longer), as well as 3 strength moves per circuit vs 2, which makes it go by a lot quicker. I feel like I always get a better workout with Ripped in 30, for the same amount of time. Not that 30 Day Shred is a bad dvd, just that Ripped in 30 is better.

Meditation for Beginners
Meditation for Beginners
DVD ~ Maritza
Price: $11.99
23 used & new from $6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars The DVD flows beautifully together. I've only been able to make it ..., December 27, 2015
This review is from: Meditation for Beginners (DVD)
The benefits of this DVD far outweigh the price. As a brand new student of meditation, I wasn't sure what to expect. The DVD flows beautifully together. I've only been able to make it through the Yoga and Body Scan before falling asleep each time, which just shows you how fantastic this DVD is at getting you to relax. I use this DVD once a week on Sunday and find it a perfect way to transition to a new week. Plus I think the scenes and sounds are from Hawaii. - ahhhhhhh....
A tip - make sure you are in a room or area where you won't be disturbed with loud noises or other people coming in and out. I recommend going into your bedroom or a spare room and closing the door. The last thing you want is to be out in an open area when someone starts cooking dinner, as I found this completely ruins the meditation for me. Also, I use a yoga mat and soft pillow to lay down on, as well as keep a blanket beside me in case I get cold as I start to relax.

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 8GB 5" Unlocked GSM Windows 8MP Camera Smartphone - Black - International Version No Warranty
Offered by Emily's Store
Price: $79.99
29 used & new from $64.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it, August 23, 2015
I upgraded from the Lumia 520 to this phone and have never been happier! This phone is lightening fast compared to the 520, no lag at all when opening apps or booting up the phone. I also LOVE the flash on the camera - I use it as a flashlight all the time, as well as the front facing camera, I can take selfies now :) The picture quality is very good. The transfer from my old phone to my new phone was SUPER easy, I just had to sign into my Microsoft account during set-up and it did all of the work for me! Everything came over automatically, including all my downloaded apps, contacts, old text messages, call history, and photos, which was great. So far the battery life is better than my 520, I can go 2 days of light-medium usage before charging. As mentioned in other reviews, charging time takes a little longer than the 520, at 3-4 hours instead of 2 but it's worth it to have the better battery life. Haven't tested the durability of this phone yet, but if it's anything compared to the 520, it should be able to survive some water spillage, drops on pavement, etc. The screen is also beautiful - 5 inches seems perfect to me and is definitely a step up from the small screen of the 520. Overall I have never been happier with my upgrade!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2016 11:54 AM PDT

Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Independently Encased Coil Mattress with CertiPUR-US Certified Foam, Queen. Available in Multiple Sizes
Price: $199.00
26 used & new from $151.76

5.0 out of 5 stars A marriage saver for sure, March 14, 2015
I don't write reviews very often, but I just had to write a review for this bed.

Before this bed, my fiancee and I were sleeping on an old full size mattress from his childhood .. that bed was way too small and way too uncomfortable. So once we got married, we decided to upgrade to a new bigger bed. Yay! Lo and behold we go to our local mattress store, Art Van, only to discover that a queen size mattress started at $1,000! We didn't think there was any way we could afford a new mattress so we go back home and continue to sleep on the old mattress.

Then about a week later, I came across this guy on amazon. . I thought that there was no way a bed in a duffel bag could ever be comfortable but oh boy did this mattress prove me wrong! ! We used $300 in amazon gift cards from our wedding to buy a queen sized version of this along with the queen sized bed frame http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Master-Platform-Mattress-Foundation/dp/B006MIUM20/ref=sr_1_1?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1426349474&sr=1-1&keywords=bed+frame, which is also excellent.

It came in 2 days w/ Amazon Prime. My husband decided to surprise me and had it all set up and ready once I got home from work so I can't speak to the opening process. With some new sheets from Bed, Bath & Beyond, we slept like babies that first night... and every night since. It has now been almost a year and we have ZERO regrets about this bed. In fact, I would say that this bed has saved our marriage on many levels!! We now each have room to stretch out and we wake up well rested each morning. It is not too firm, nor is it too soft. This bed is by far the best thing we have ever purchased. So stop researching & buy this bed!

EcoTools 6 Piece Essential Eye Brush Set (Packaging May Vary)
EcoTools 6 Piece Essential Eye Brush Set (Packaging May Vary)
Price: $5.05
21 used & new from $5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brushes - no need to get anything else!, December 9, 2013
I've had these brushes for exactly a year and they look like I just got them yesterday - they hold up very well. I used to use the little applicator that comes with the eyeshadow but after using these brushes I will never go back to that! These brushes make eye make up very easy to apply. Easily the best $7 I've ever spent.

Smith Transit Airflow Goggle (RC36, Silver)
Smith Transit Airflow Goggle (RC36, Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Goggles!, February 11, 2012
I got the white and silver goggles in RC36. I love these goggles for the price. They only fogged up briefly when I had my face mask on over my whole face, but for the most part stayed clear when I was snowboarding down the mountain. The tint is perfect for all around everyday use. The lens tint harshed the sunlight quite a bit on a bright day and provided for clear sight down the mountain. The size is perfect for my face, as a female. 5 stars!

New Leaf Tetra Cover 100% Recycled Paper Wired Notebook, 3-Subject, 120 Sheets, College Rule, 8.88 x 11 Inches, 1 Notebook, Cover May Vary (4512462)

4.0 out of 5 stars An "OK" notebook, February 11, 2012
I mostly bought this notebook because I liked the design on the front and it is made out of recycled paper. I got the green one and it really is a cool cover. The only qualms I have with this notebook are that the pages are kind of hard to rip out on the perforated edge, and there are a few small blue splotches of ink from the lines on a few of the pages. This does not stop me from using those pages - it just looks funny. I still love this notebook though because I feel good when I use it, and the cover cheers me up.

Giro Encore 2 2009 Snow Helmet (Matte Black, Large)
Giro Encore 2 2009 Snow Helmet (Matte Black, Large)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love!, February 11, 2012
I am learning how to snowboard, so a helmet is crucial. I got this helmet in matte black in a large, and I am a female. The matte black is very sharp and goes with everything. The large fits perfectly with a hat underneath, which is what I wanted. It kept my head nice and warm without overheating it, so this was perfect. I took several falls with this helmet already, and it seems to protect my head very well. No concussions here! On a side note, it is very hard to hear with this helmet on and a hat underneath when it's strapped. If I need to hear someone speak, I just unbuckle the strap and that seemed to work. 5 stars!

Women's Waterproof / Thinsulate Lined Ski Glove Black, Large
Women's Waterproof / Thinsulate Lined Ski Glove Black, Large
Offered by The Source Group
Price: $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for snowboarding!, February 11, 2012
These gloves really are waterproof and great for the price. I wore these snowboarding for about 2 hours and these gloves kept my hands toasty warm in 10 degree blizzard conditions. I definitely recommend these. I got the black/gray in a Large, and they look sharp and fit really well. I have pretty big hands though. These are not thin gloves so it would probably be impossible to text with these on, but I wasn't using them for that purpose. 5 stars!

Page: 1 | 2