Profile for Mike McK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mike McK RSS Feed

Sinjimoru Sync Stand Cable Adaptor
Sinjimoru Sync Stand Cable Adaptor
Offered by iGet it FAST

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but instructions poor, April 27, 2013
Stylish product that works as described. I found the instructions virtually useless and spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to assemble by trial and error. However once this was done the product looks nice and it works well.

Foscam FI8910W Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with Two-Way Audio and Night Vision (Black)
Price: $59.99
125 used & new from $45.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product...poor service experience, March 3, 2012
This is a very good product that does what it says it can do. The quality of the pictures for the purpose I bought it (watching my two year old)is just perfect. Features, awesome!

My key disappointment is how difficult it is to set up for remote monitoring.

Let me start by saying that I am not a techie by any stretch. I have a basic understanding of computers, I know what an IP address is and some other basic networking principles; however I don't care/want to know anything about routing tables, port forwarding etc. Not interested! So I think I am pretty much the average parent wanting to put in some self-help technology and way too busy to spend hours trying to make it work.

Out of the box the camera is really easy to set up within your home network- no problem! However when you want to set it up for monitoring from outside your home (which is really the whole point about having this camera!) that's when the "fun" begins.

First of all the manufacturers do not care to ship the most up to date manual with the product. Then you have to learn real fast about things like static IP address, dynamic IP, port forwarding, get a domain name from DYDNS etc etc. Don't worry calling their "help desk"- totally unhelpful and take no accountability for anything.

I got it to work eventually, but it took me a good 4 hours over 3 days to get it working properly, and I needed a domain name (NOT FREE!).

They could really improve this product by making it easier to set up and improve their Customer Support.
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2014 11:45 AM PST

NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender - Desktop Version with 4-Ports (WN2000RPT)
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender - Desktop Version with 4-Ports (WN2000RPT)
Price: $46.78
100 used & new from $19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unnreliable and unable to sustain connectivity, January 1, 2012
I am extremely disappointed with the performance of this extender. It is easy to set up and get working; however it drops connectivity ever so often for no apparent reason. It requires re-starting multiple times a day. Occasionally it works for a couple of days and then drops. I am going to change this equipment as soon as I possibly can and would NOT recommend it.

HP W2338H 23-Inch Widescreen Monitor
HP W2338H 23-Inch Widescreen Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen, good price, December 31, 2010
This is the second monitor I have bought as part of a dual monitor set up. For what I intended to use this set up to do (which is basic business computing) it is perfect. It also comes at a fairly competitive price too...So far both monitors work fine out of the box with no hassles to set up.