Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for A. K. Mason > Reviews

Browse

A. K. Mason's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. K. Mason "akmasonmn" RSS Feed (Edina, MN USA)

Page: 1 | 2
iPhone 5S Battery Case, Lenmar Meridian 2300 mAh MFI Approved [Slim] [Extended Battery Charger] [100% Additional Battery Life], White
Offered by Essex Technology Group
Price: $30.50
12 used & new from $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars White one is slippery - black one is easy to grip, June 1, 2016
I bought this to replace one I damaged that was black. The black one had a slightly tacky, rubbery coating on it that made it really easy to grip, hold onto, etc. This white one is just plain plastic, and as such, it is slick, slippery, and easily dropped. Not so good. Not sure why they would do that. It's not worth returning but it still pisses me off.

Dixon Tri-Conderoga Triangular #2 Pencils, Wood-Cased, Black, Pack of 12 (22500)
Price: $5.99
41 used & new from $5.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pencils ever - you won't use other kinds again if you try these, May 24, 2016
These are ridiculously good pencils, head and shoulders above the regular Dixon Ticonderoga (which is a good product too). Between the triangular shape fitting our hands/fingers better than any other and the slightly rubberized paint that makes it easier to grip, these are the best pencils ever.

2 Pack - Micro USB to Lightning Adapter
2 Pack - Micro USB to Lightning Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm!, May 24, 2016
Everyone should have a set of these things - they're a lifesaver.

Sophia Global Compatible Ink Cartridge Replacement for CLI-226 PIXMA printers including MX882 MG8220 MX892 MG6220 (2 Cyan, 2 Magenta, 2 Yellow)
Offered by SophiaGlobal-
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like OEM - but reasonably priced, May 24, 2016
I have been ordering Sophia's ink cartridges for years (2014 - 2016) and they always work flawlessly in my Canon MG8220. Even the little lights inside the cartridges work like the real thing. They have a great product that behaves in all regards like OEM. Other than being reasonably priced, not a rip-off as you get with manufacturers.

Amazon Music with Prime Music [PC]
Amazon Music with Prime Music [PC]
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon - burn this to the ground and start over without all the bells and whistles, October 25, 2015
I don't go out of my way to rant about software I don't like, but in this case, I'm making an exception. The Amazon Music application is a huge clusterfook that has made a mess of my music collection. For some reason this version (3.11.2) and the previous version started re-downloading all the music I'd bought in the last few months from Amazon. This results in 2-3-4 copies of songs I've purchased, stuck in my iTunes, that I now have to go back through, find, and delete. I wasted time trying to figure out which was the original so I didn't lose play counts and other metrics, then realized it was always in order, so that's one small blessing.

The very unhelpful Amazon support team keeps telling me to stop purchasing duplicate tracks, which is really infuriating because I've never purchased music twice, it's their app that has lost its mind and turned into a duplicate download machine. I'm talking about dozens of albums or songs purchased over the last ... hard to say how much ... last three quarters of 2015. The support team at Amazon also had the unhelpful suggestion of installing the newest version of the app to fix the problem. That was useless advice and a waste of my time. The app I had was only a few months out of date and although I generally like having the latest versions of all software, it made no difference in the problem.

In general, the interface for the app is overpowered with too many views and ways to slice the bread. It really only has to do one farking task: download the music I purchased from Amazon. Not play the music. Not show me the playlists I made in iTunes. Not give me multiple ways to look at the purchases by genre, etc. Just. Download. The. Fookin. Music. ONCE. Then, put it into iTunes. This should not be rocket science. But they've tried to throw every possible idea into this thing that should only do one thing, and the result is a difficult to view mess that in my case occasionally loses its mind and loads duplicates into my iTunes. Which I have to locate and delete. Pain in the arse!

The again unhelpful Amazon Music support team has told me all I need to do is go through my iTunes library and delete the duplicates. Duh. I already freaking knew that, but: A. I didn't want the duplicates in the first place, and B. Why don't YOU come here to my house and waste YOUR time locating and deleting the mess YOU made. Fark!

I will be spending the next hour or two doing just that.
Comment Comment | Permalink

iPrimio ® USB LED Dimmable Stick Light - Best Value. Great for Lighting up Keypads - tablets, laptops.
Offered by Aroko Tech
Price: $8.56
2 used & new from $8.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this!, October 13, 2015
This is a cool product and works very well. Touch it once and it's full on bright. Touch it again and it's off. When it's on, hold your finger on it and it will gradually dim to whatever level you want. This thing has a great "gee whiz" factor! It's got a nice long flexible neck so you can bend it however you need it.

LE Adjustable Focus Mini CREE LED Flashlight Torch, Super Bright, Batteries Included, Zoomable LED Flashlights
Offered by NEON MART
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed, August 16, 2015
Got it in June. The on-off switch failed in August. Threw it away. Nuff said.

Epica Automatic Electric Milk Frother and Heater Carafe
Epica Automatic Electric Milk Frother and Heater Carafe
Offered by Perella's
Price: $55.95
17 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mom had a merry Christmas, January 7, 2015
Gift for my mom - she loved it.

Give You The Ghost
Give You The Ghost
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Poliça bring the goods, September 22, 2014
This review is from: Give You The Ghost (MP3 Music)
Love this group. Love this album. Saw them play this as a live set in Minneapolis at Lake Harriet. Now I hear Violent Stories on the Blacklist! Awesome when a band you like gets credit for being awesome. Great vocals, great arrangements, perfect execution. Hooyeah!

The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 2nd Edition, December 3, 2011
It does have an indexed table of contents, but you cannot search the text and it has no page numbers, a big sin in any group / meeting, whether it's AA, OA, etc. If you can't cite pages or get citations from others, you're going to run into trouble. If you just want to read, you're good. As noted in another review, yes, this appears to be an old edition, the 2nd edition from the mid 1970s. If you're looking for a version for the meetings, this is not your book. As of this writing in December 2011, the current edition is the 4th edition from 2001 (ISBN 978-1-893007-17-8).
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2014 1:43 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2