Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for M. Banks > Reviews

Browse

M. Banks' Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Banks RSS Feed (Provo, UT USA)

KitchenAid KWB110OB Waffle Baker with CeramaShield Nonstick Coating - Onyx Black
Price: Click here to see our price
20 used & new from $225.00

5.0 out of 5 stars and thus far I'm not disappointed. With that said, January 4, 2016
I've now made waffles 6 or 7 times with this thing, and thus far I'm not disappointed.

With that said, I have to say that I researched this to death. I'd wanted the older model that's been out for a few years (KPWB100OB) for quite some time, but then this one was released in the last year or so and so I waited for the initial reviews on it to come out before purchasing.

Suffice to say, the non-stick coating is really quite good. Yes, it's possible to rip your waffle in half if it's not done all the way, but once the steam stops pouring out the sides, you're pretty much good - no oil spray needed.

It doesn't take long to pre-heat. Maybe 2-3 minutes. It's relatively easy to clean (not simple though. If things overflow it will take you a bit longer to scrub stuff off, especially if your batter makes it into a plastic crevasse.) And perhaps most importantly, waffles taste really good.

But the thing is heavy (good or bad depending on your perspective.) And the initial time guestimate they suggested (2:30?) was really low for the batter I was using. 4:00-4:30 has proven ideal there.

Regardless, I'd buy this again - especially as I didn't quite pay full price.

iPhone 5S Case, Spigen® [Tough Armor] HEAVY DUTY [Champagne Gold] EXTREME Protection / Rugged but Slim Dual Layer Protective Cover for iPhone 5/5S - Champagne Gold (SGP10584)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $20.99
10 used & new from $11.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Ask me about durability in 2 years, but other than that..., December 1, 2013
I had an Acase two piece case for my 4s for two years, and frankly, I planned on getting one for my 5s because I really liked it. However, I read one review on the acase that pointed me to this Spigen as being superior.

So, I looked into it and got one of these.

The closest thing to a complaint I have is that "fatter" headphone plugs (usually with extention cables) don't fit while using this case.

The acase's rubber coating was a bit "stickier" than the Spigen so the Spigen comes out of my pocket a bit easier. Also, I like the Spigen's buttons better.

Really, it's fantastic. If it holds up for two years like the acase, it'll be my favorite.

Citi Electronics FireWire 800 to 400 9 to 6 pin Cable (9pin 6pin) 6FT , IEEE-1394B Firewire 800 9-pin/6-pin Cable 6 FT GOLD TIP
Offered by OBLIQ
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal with Prime, June 21, 2012
So, Amazon isn't always my 1st choice for cables. There are "other places" that seem to be a bit cheaper, so I often buy there.

However, I needed just one cable to connect my old 20GB iPod to my newish MacBook Pro (with FW800). So, I checked elsewhere. When I added up their shipping charges and compared it to the price on this cable, this was cheaper.

I bought it. It arrived today (2 days later.)

And most importantly, it works - my trusty old iPod is now cruising along with all my new songs on it.

There's not much else to say.

(And I had forgotten how much faster Firewire is than USB for syncing iPods.)

Seagate 2TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST2000DM001)
Offered by Finity India -Fast & Free Shipping
Price: $60.00
85 used & new from $41.00

5.0 out of 5 stars For some odd reason, this works exactly as described..., May 18, 2012
There are a LOT of reviews about this drive (ST2000DM001) that say that it fails, or that it will fail very soon or something similar.

Now, I've only had mine a month, but in that month, it has worked exactly as expected. I pulled my 3.5 year old (dead) 750GB drive (which, I might add, is the first Seagate drive I personally ever had fail out of probably 20 - though I've had a LOT of all types of drives fail at work) and replaced it with this one. I then resilvered my RAID-Z in my server and within 12 hours or so, that completed. I then scrubed the zpool. The next morning, everything was exactly as expected.

No failures. No errors.

I have no idea if this drive is going to last for 3 years or so (what I would consider a decent lifespan for a rotational media drive in a server running 24/7), but so far, so good.

No clicking.

No errors.

It's just running as expected.

I wanted to write this review simply because hard drives like this aren't exactly sexy. If they work, they work. If they don't, you go on line and bash the manufacturer. I'm sure that there are several drives (perhaps more than "normal") out there that failed. But considering how many of these things they make/sell/ship, you're still not very likely to get a bad drive. Even though when it happens to you, it's not fun AT ALL.

So, mine works. Could that change in 6 months? Yes. Absolutely.

Will I be back to update this if it fails? Yup. Definitely.

In the mean time, I'll probably pro-actively replace the other 2 750gb drives in my RAID-Z with two more of these HDD's - once prices come down a bit more towards their pre-Thai-flood prices.

Update (11 Sept, 2012): Nothing new to report. It still just works. Running 24/7.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2015 2:18 PM PDT

RAM Mounting Systems RAM-B-166-GA9U Suction Cup Mount for Garmin BMW Navigator II and III, Streetpilot 2610, 2620, 2650, 2660, 2720, 2730, 2820
Offered by landloop
Price: $39.49
2 used & new from $39.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my needs, February 17, 2011
If you've still got a 2xx0 series Garmin (like me - even if you don't have lifetime maps on it) and you need/want something better than the beanbag dashboard mount, this is probably the product for you.

I say probably because although it's perfect for my/our needs, it probably wouldn't be perfect for everyone.

The dashboard in our XC90 is sloped and somewhat slippery. This is not a great combination for the beanbag dashboard mount that came with our 2730. If you go around a left turn at all fast, the 2730 and beanbag mount end up in the passenger's lap or on the floor. This even happens in my Saab 9-3, though with the more "cockpit-like" 9-3, I can usually just reach out and stop it from sliding (which isn't the best thing to be doing during a turn.)

So, I bought one of these. There is a "flimsier" version of this mount also currently sold on Amazon. After reading some reviews, I decided that it was worth forking out an additional $10 or so to be assured this thing wasn't going anywhere.

And it isn't going ANYWHERE any time soon.

This thing is like a tank. Once it's locked down in whatever position you choose, it is solid. And the suction cup is as solid as I've ever seen for a windshield mount.

As I alluded: This product is perfect for our XC90/Garmin 2730 combo.

However, this would NOT be as perfect for someone driving a 9-3 or similar vehicle (if you can easily touch the windshield from the drivers seat) in California. Why? If you have a GPS mounted to your windshield, it technically (legally) has to be in the lower left hand corner of the windshield. And frankly, this mount is simply too big for that. It would be fine for the center of the windshield, but it just sticks out too much. Luckily, I have a 775t for my 9-3 that fits perfectly either there or just below the rear view mirror.

In a nutshell, it's a great and solid product for us. It is soooo nice to be able to push a button (physical and on screen) without having the unit move at all.

Sunshine Kids Ultra Mat, Gray (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm buying a third one right now., September 11, 2010
OK, just to start out: These things aren't perfect. They don't magically make it so your kids don't throw juice boxes and they don't vacuum. However, they do do the job they are supposed to do pretty well. The reason I'm buying a third one is to protect "my" car's seat from our third car seat. We already have two of these in my wife's vehicle and they're still doing the job admirably (we've had them for roughly two years - the same amount of time we've had our twins.) Admittedly, there is one that is fraying along one of its edges. However, it's certainly going to continue to fulfill our needs.

I bought these things based on reviews a couple years ago, and as it turns out, the reviews were right.

(As a side note: they are sitting under a couple of Britax Marathons...)

Long Way Round
Long Way Round
DVD ~ Ewan McGregor
27 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It was worth getting the PAL version, October 20, 2005
This review is from: Long Way Round (DVD)
I saw one episode of this on Bravo and was hooked. However, since they didn't sell it here in the US and my lousy cable system doesn't offer Bravo, I just bought the PAL version in early 2005 - and it was worth every penny. Of course, not everyone has a PAL DVD player and TV, so that option isn't for everyone, unless you can handle watching it on your computer. (The PAL version unlike this NTSC one is region-free.)

Regardless, I brought it home, and watched one episode with my wife - not being too sure if she'd like it or not. Suffice it to say, we were up until 3am watching both DVD's. I have since lent the discs to three other friends who all had the same "problem". It's hard to stop watching until they get to NYC (sorry for the spoiler, but they do actually make it through alive. :) )

It was merely the closest thing to a "perfect" reality TV show I've ever watched. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Uh, amazon.co.uk?, December 6, 2004
Well, I just turned on Bravo in a hotel and watched the last (Alaska-NY) "episode". I don't know what exactly it was that captivated me about this, but I had to buy the DVD. Since we don't get Bravo on our cable at home, it seemed like the only option. However, since it's not available in the US, I just got it from amazon.co.uk. If you really want it, it's an all-region DVD and it is in widescreen, but its a PAL disc. If you don't know what that is and if your TV can handle it, it probably can't. Its just over thirteen pounds shipped. It was worth it to me.