Profile for Granny > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Granny RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Davidson's Tea Hibiscus Flower, 100-Count Tea Bags
Davidson's Tea Hibiscus Flower, 100-Count Tea Bags
Price: $15.27
5 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 7, 2014
My husband really likes this tea.

Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker
Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker
Price: $78.13
64 used & new from $70.32

5.0 out of 5 stars This canner worked just as it should have. I ..., August 7, 2014
This canner worked just as it should have. I didn't read the description well enough to know that one can put in two layers of pint jars.

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
by Laura Hillenbrand
Price: $15.50
476 used & new from $1.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillenbrand did a wonderful job telling it, August 7, 2014
This is a story that needed to be told and Ms. Hillenbrand did a wonderful job telling it. The hero in the story lived through some horrible experiences and she made me feel like I was living through them with him.

The Wisdom of Father Brown
The Wisdom of Father Brown
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, April 9, 2014
We bought this book after watching Father Brown stories on PBS. The TV stories are based very loosely on the stories in this book. The TV stories are much more entertaining. The book contains old English references that are unfamiliar and/or boring to modern readers.

Deluxe Then and Now Bible Map Book with CD-ROM
Deluxe Then and Now Bible Map Book with CD-ROM
by Rose Publishing
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $23.48
56 used & new from $15.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, April 9, 2014
I purchased this for my husband who wanted it for teaching his Sunday School class. It serves his purposes well.

NIV Large Print Reference Personal Size Bible, Italian Duo-tone, Camel / Burgundy
by Zondervan
Edition: Imitation Leather
13 used & new from $47.44

5.0 out of 5 stars What I wanted, April 9, 2014
I lost my NIV leather Bible in a fire in 2002. I had been unable to find a Bible that I liked as much as I liked that one until I found this Bible.
Pros:
It is the 1984 edition of NIV, which was what my other Bible was, and what I prefer
It is exactly the right size for me.
I like the feel of the cover.
I like the thickness of the pages.
I like the print size.
I like the words of Jesus in red.
It is not a paraphrase as another reviewer said, it is a thought-for-thought translation rather than a word-for-word translation.
Cons:
I don't like the seam on the front cover. I would have preferred a solid color with no seam, but couldn't find one with everything else I liked in this price range.
I don't like it that the pronouns for God and Jesus are not capitalized but that this the one thing about the 1984 NIV that I didn't like.

Playtex 18 Hour Easier On Front Close with Flex Back Bra, 40C-Light Beige
Playtex 18 Hour Easier On Front Close with Flex Back Bra, 40C-Light Beige
Offered by Bare Necessities
Price: $33.00
17 used & new from $16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars What I was looking for, October 15, 2013
I had purchased this style at Walmart several years ago. I liked this style very much and wanted the exact same style again. I had been unable to find it any local stores so was glad to be able to find it at Amazon.

The Ryrie (NIV 1984 Edition) Study Bible Soft-Touch Burgundy Red Letter (Ryrie Study Bibles 2008)
by Charles C. Ryrie
Edition: Imitation Leather
14 used & new from $122.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, October 15, 2013
This Bible really has a soft-touch cover. It is the 1984 edition of the NIV that we were looking for. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of 5 is because my husband still prefers the notes in his original NIV Study Bible. They are more thorough and balanced than the Ryrie Study notes.

Women Travel Insert Handbag Organiser Purse Large liner Organizer Tidy Bag - Wine
Offered by Fashion-Store
Price: $4.99
3 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, October 15, 2013
This was just what I was looking for. I can transfer everything from one purse to another without accidentally leaving something behind. I can find things more easily because they are always in the same place no matter which purse I am using. I wanted an insert that was long enough to hold a business sized envelope and wide enough to hold a thick all-purpose wallet. This fit the bill perfectly.

Grandma According to Me
Grandma According to Me
by Karen Magnuson Beil
14 used & new from $1.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, October 14, 2010
I take my grandchildren to the library weekly. They ususally get to choose their own books. I sometimes add books that I think they will like or I think they need to hear. This one fits both categories. The grandchildren love hearing it and grandma loves reading it. Yes, wrinkles are nice because they come from smiling with grandchildren.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4