Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Diego Banducci > Reviews

Browse

Diego Banducci's Profile

Customer Reviews: 581

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Diego Banducci RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Thomas Eakins - The Gross Clinic, Or, The Clinic Of Dr. Gross (1875) classic art fridge magnet
Offered by Photomagnet
Price: $4.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Product, July 26, 2016
This is simply a cheap clear plastic frame with an art print. The better art kitchen magnets are printed on a metal base. Don't waste your money here.

Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said: Wit and Wisdom from America's Finest
Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said: Wit and Wisdom from America's Finest
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, Poor Examples, July 3, 2016
With a few hilarious exceptions, these stories are pretty mundane. Maybe Caddy should focus on Marine Corps DIs instead. They're funnier.

Tweak Hearing- Focus Model- Personal Sound Amplifier with Digital Volume Control and Directional Program to Reduce Background Noise (Beige)
Offered by Tweak Personal Sound Amplifier
Price: $249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Head-On Comparison of Tweak vs. a Hearing Aid, June 18, 2016
There are two excellent reviews of this product that I found useful.

First, look at the Review by Victor G. on July 17, 2014.

To his comments I would add the following comment by David J. McElroy on September 15, 2014 that appears in the Customer Questions and Answers:

"The FDA is protecting the multi-$k Hearing Aid industry by prohibiting this device from being called a hearing aid. I have had a hearing loss for about 25 years. During that time, I have gone to an Audiologist (license from FDA TO STEAL) and tried a hearing aid on three occasions. On all three occasions, they were unacceptable and I returned them. I didn't have to pay for them (only good thing about them). The audiologist will tell you that they are digitally programmed to compensate for your loss. This is BS. Maybe the 3 audiologists I saw were all incompetent. I am a retired electrical engineer, 42 years experience, and I have the ability and equipment to measure my hearing loss to within 2dB, and within 1HZ--if I want to. Their test is very approximate at just a few frequency points. I found "holes" or frequency nulls in my hearing that their testing completely missed. Their "programming" was cr*ppy in all 3 cases. My loss is about 40 dB. One with a heavier loss than this may not be as happy with this product. This is because the expensive "hearing aid" seals the ear canal, with only a small hole for pressure equalization. A major reason I like this product is because the ear is not sealed. If with this device you are not able to hear well enough, you can try putting a small cotton ball in, insuring that the plastic "sound pipe" is not blocked. If you hear better like this, this simulates the many-thousands of dollars hearing aid. It's possible that the more expensive one improves speech understanding than this cheaper device, with cotton ball I have not tested an expensive one against the "cotton ball" version side by side. It's possible that very profound hearing loss may be helped more by the more expensive one. If you try the cotton test, you will see that the amount of amplification is dramatically increased. It's just not as good audio as the unsealed ear case, as this product comes. I don't work for Tweak! I bought three of them. I left the first one in a hotel room. So I bought two more to be sure I had a spare. I paid $250 apiece."

What I have to add to the mix is that I already had a set of two Phonak hearing aids that were issued to me by the VA, so I have had the opportunity to compare this hearing amplifier to FDA approved hearing aids. In my opinion, the sound quality on the Tweak Hearing device is better, perhaps because, as David J. McElroy points out, the hearing canal is not sealed off. On the other hand, the Phonaks can communicate with each other, so that there is a button on the right device to raise the sound level in both ears while a button on the left device lowers it in both ears. In addition to the obvious issue of cost, those are the two major differences I have noticed.

I bought the one Tweak to serve as a backup for the Phonak for my left ear which I sent back to the VA for repairs, so I have had the opportunity to compare the devices in use, the Tweak in my left ear and the Phonak in my right.

Personally, I think the choice is clear: BUY THE TWEAK. But you may prefer paying $5 K to an audiologist.

Phonak doesn't say anything about drying out its hearing aids, although it does sell products for doing that, while Tweak emphasizes keeping its devices dry. It probably makes sense to buy one of the devices that do that.

Negatives: The Tweak DVD instruction program contained software that not only didn't work but then tried to sell me an "Upgrade" of itself, which makes me wonder if it is adlware. I called Tweak Support about this, and was told that the installation video was simply a restatement of the printed instructions (so why send it?) and that I could watch it on the company website (tweakhearing.com). There is no Support page on the website; instead you can find the the video and other support information under the "What is Tweak" menu at the top of the page.

Hyperikon® BR30 LED Bulb, 9W (75W equivalent), 2700K (Warm Glow), Wide Flood Light Bulb, 120° Beam Angle, Medium Base (E26), Dimmable, UL-Listed and Energy Star-Qualified
Offered by Hyperikon
Price: $9.95
2 used & new from $9.95

2.0 out of 5 stars These are not 2700 K lights; more like 5000 K, May 28, 2016
Bought one of these as a test; mounted it next to an old incandescent in a dual fixture over my bathroom sink. This bulb produced a substantially whiter light than the incandescent. It was also brighter and the two bulbs performed identically with the dimmer.

I've read the other reviews about non-identical bulbs being shipped, which I think is a serious problem since people are likely to mount these bulbs in groups.

UPDATE: There's a delay with the dimmer until the power reaches a certain level, then intermittent blinking until it is about 50% on. Once on, it has a distinctly blue cast. Am buying Philips instead, since I've had good experience with them. They are also made in China, but Philpips seems to have better buyers (better quality control)

Acrylic BPA Free School of Fish DOF Double Old Fashioned Glasses, Set of 4
Acrylic BPA Free School of Fish DOF Double Old Fashioned Glasses, Set of 4
Offered by Boston Novelties
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than advertised, May 25, 2016
The description says the fish are painted on, but they actually appear to be embossed and coated with blue/green plastic, so that unlike paint, they're not likely to wear away over time.

I like to drink a 12 oz. beer in the evening, and these glasses hold that amount nicely, but to call them 14 oz. glasses is stretching things. More like 13 oz.

Bottoms tend to retain water when washed in a dishwasher. Be sure to turn them over when you take them out.

Because these are acrylic, they are not likely to craze, a common problem with cheaper plastic glasses. Also, they are BPA-free.

All in all, a nice product. I have just ordered four more.

On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft
On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece, May 23, 2016
I bought this book because I am writing an autobiography for my descendants, not for publication, and was looking for pointers on how to make it more interesting. I got that and so much more. This is not only a great book on writing well but a work of art in its own right. The only book I know of that compares favorably to it is "On Writing Well" by William Zinsser.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2016 3:29 PM PDT

ECCO Men's Fusion Moc Oxford
ECCO Men's Fusion Moc Oxford
Price: $118.99 - $160.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitable replacement for Seawalkers, May 12, 2016
Had two pairs of Seawalkers, which I loved. I went to Google to find the replacement for them, and found that this is supposed to be it. I've just received these, and they're pretty close; the only immediately recognizable difference is that the soles are a bit heavier, but they don't have the lugs on another Ecco shoe I tried that kept catching on stairs.

In the advice of my podiatrist, I did buy some memory foam insoles with which I replaced the ones in these shoes. Recommended.

Toy Story & Toy Story 2 (2 Pack)
Toy Story & Toy Story 2 (2 Pack)
DVD ~ Tom Hanks
18 used & new from $14.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Have not stood the test of time., May 10, 2016
While Uncle Walt was around, he wouldn't let mindless drivel like this out the door. Buy a used version, in order to minimize buyer's remorse.

Toy Story
Toy Story
DVD ~ Tim Allen
Price: $19.96
49 used & new from $10.37

2.0 out of 5 stars Has Not Aged Well, May 8, 2016
This review is from: Toy Story (DVD)
Apparently this movie hit a chord with a lot of people when it came out, presumably because it featured a lot of toys that parents and children grew up with. But now it's almost 20 years later, so I think it's fair to ask whether it can stand on its own as a drama. It cannot. I found myself wishing it was over when we were halfway through it, and I found the relationship between the two principal characters to be smarmy. Other reviewers have commented about its gratuitous violence. Don't waste your time and money on it.

RCA Digital Alarm Clock with 1" Display
RCA Digital Alarm Clock with 1" Display
Price: $7.73
87 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Simple Product, May 4, 2016
You don't need an instruction manual for this clock. It is totally intuitiive, uses simple AAA batteries, and only turns on its light when you tap it in its top. And the price is reasonable. A real Gem.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20