Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now May4th
Profile for Ciaran > Reviews

Browse

Ciaran's Profile

Customer Reviews: 907
Top Reviewer Ranking: 111

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ciaran RSS Feed

Offered by Dealextreme4u
Price: $11.90
34 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Vape Batteries, March 30, 2016
I purchased these to replace some well-worn Samsung batteries for my vape. Their capacity is as good as if not better than the Samsung batteries - I can get 5 or 6 sessions on the vape whereas the others provided me 4-5.

Don't skimp on vape batteries - I still have the first off-brand 18650's that I bought and after only two vape sessions my mod will show a low batter warning. Any of the bigger names will be great, but for the price you can't go wrong with these.

JETech 2.4G Wireless Keyboard for Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (Black)
JETech 2.4G Wireless Keyboard for Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (Black)
Offered by JEDirect
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent second keyboard, March 30, 2016
I purchased this keyboard to put on my desk - I often have to switch between and a mac and a PC and after trying a software solution that ended up being a bit laggy I decided to just go with a small-footprint keyboard off to the side. I picked the JETech simply because it was inexpensive, however I can't say that I have any complaints. The keyboard wakes more quickly than the one I have for my mac, its range is perfectly fine for desk use (perhaps not for HTPC/Home Theatre, YMMV) and despite the price tag seems to miss key presses less than others I have tried (these cheap keyboards are notorious for not registering key presses).

As this keyboard is used more sparingly than my main wireless keyboard I can't really comment on battery life - it would have an unfair advantage due to different usage patterns. I wouldn't use it for any serious typing, but for switching to a PC for a few minutes at a time it's more than adequate.

Overall for the price I can't complain!

V For Vendetta Mask Fawkes Face Mask V2 Plastic Version Bronze
V For Vendetta Mask Fawkes Face Mask V2 Plastic Version Bronze
Offered by Wildcat Electronics
Price: $10.95
2 used & new from $9.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Resist., March 30, 2016
Used as a prop for a photo shoot - fit perfectly and has held up since!
Comment Comment | Permalink

HealthViaNature 100/bag Empty White Gelatin Capsules, made by USA (size#5)
HealthViaNature 100/bag Empty White Gelatin Capsules, made by USA (size#5)
Offered by MyHerbar
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time buying - no issues!, March 30, 2016
This is the second time I have purchased these capsules - although I would prefer them to be vegetarian I couldn't find any veggie-based capsules in a #5 size so these are what I ended up buying. I use them for taking bulk vitamins and supplements - particularly those like 5-HTP whose dosage can easily fall below 100mg. I much prefer a smaller pill capsule, and the #5 holds between 60mg and 130mg depending on your packing density. Using a 10mg scoop and a scale, I can accurately weigh out my supplements and vitamins and even with the added cost of these capsules I'm saving money.

Not needing to buy these by the thousands in bulk, this was a very reasonable price for the 100 or so that I needed. No complaints!

p.s. If anyone knows of #5 vegetarian or vegan capsules, please let me know!

Your Cable Store 10 Foot DB15 15 Pin Serial Extension Cable
Your Cable Store 10 Foot DB15 15 Pin Serial Extension Cable
Offered by YourCableStore
Price: $8.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and did the job!, March 30, 2016
Bought this cable to pull apart and splice into a machine at our printing company whose DB15 connector was ripped off by accident. Opening the cable up was a pain - it was heavily shielded (a good thing) and the quality overall seems to be quite high. At 10ft it was long enough for our needs, and the cable was certainly quite inexpensive. Recommended.

NUTK Magnetic Charger Cable Adapter for Iphone 6s, 6s Plus, Iphone 6, 6 Air, Air 2, 4, Mini, Mini Plus, 5, 5c, 5s, Ipad 2, Mini 3. Magnetic lightning to USB Line.
Offered by NUTK INC.
Price: $50.00
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for night-time charging and road trips - bedtime reading not so much., March 30, 2016
I really didn't think I would like this cable adapter - of course the premise is great (matching the Macbook style of magnetic charger) but in practice I wondered whether it would perform as well as on paper. NUTK sent me a sample of this device to review for them - I promised only my HONEST opinion in return. Unlike my usual style of review where I break it up into commenting on functionality, aesthetics, etc - I'm going to break this review into how it performs for different charging methods:

NIGHT-TIME CHARGING - 5 STARS
For when you want to easily charge your phone or quickly take a look in the middle of the night, the magnetic charger is super handy. I hate fiddling with the lightning cable in the middle of the night or early in the morning, and the magnetic snap-on charger alleviates this almost entirely.

BEDTIME READING - 3.5 STARS
If you like to charge and look at your phone, the magnetic charger will be okay, but not great. Depending on how much you move or the angle you're sitting/laying at, you may find the charger disconnecting more often than you like.

CAR CHARGING - 5 STARS
MUCH safer than messing around with a two-handed lightning cable, the magnetic adapter is perfect for having your phone in a mount/cradle on the windshield or even placed in the change holder. I found it to be incredibly handy on a recent road trip to New York City, and far less distracting than the OEM cable.

OVERALL
With my only gripe being trying to charge and use my phone at the same time (which I only do for a very short period before bed) I have to say I'm quite pleased with the magnetic adapter. For car trips and charging overnight, I have no complaints. That said, if you do a lot of bedtime reading on your phone or tablet, you may find yourself fighting with it more often than not so caveat emptor for those who do. Other than that, a great little accessory, one that I haven't seen before, and one that works pretty well!

Z-joyee Large Canvas Travel Duffel Bag Tote For Mens Womens Overnight Weekend Bag Shoulder Handbag, Large, Green

4.0 out of 5 stars A stylish budget option, March 30, 2016
I was actually quite surprised at the quality of this weekender bag - Z-joyee offered me a sample to review in exchange for my honest thoughts only, so here they are.

DESIGN/STYLE
Though nothing groundbreaking, this bag has a classic style that will not fade with age. I've reviewed nearly ten of these imported canvas duffel bags, and I have to say that this is my favorite stylistically. It's understated, but makes an impression, and I've had several people ask me where they could get one. My one minor complaint is that the seams are quite orange in color (more so that then product picture IMHO - to the point of looking out of place next to the dark green canvas and rich brown leather. Half a point off for this minor annoyance. It only has one outer pocket and a couple of organizing pockets on the inside, however I don't find this to be a problem - I mostly use this for clothes and shoes.

QUALITY
Overall, the quality isn't bad. I would have like to have seen perhaps a slightly thicker canvas used, however for the price you really can't complain all that much. The stitching is on-par with the other imported bags I own, but not as good as what you would expect from L.L. Bean or other US manufacturers. You should note that there is not much in terms of structure to the bag, and nothing to soften impact at the bottom. Don't put your laptop in here folks, unless it's in a protective sleeve! Half a point off for the thinner canvas.

OVERALL
The style really sells this bag - I've gotten many compliments on it and I love that it looks pricier than it actually costs! Out of all of the canvas bags I own, this is the only one I think will be worth going to the time and effort of waxing. Definitely recommended (once it is back in stock).

Moread DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (Male to Female) - Black
Moread DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (Male to Female) - Black
Offered by Moread
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective., March 10, 2016
With no expansion slots on a coworker's computer and only a DisplayPort on the back for a second monitor, I picked up this adapter for less than ten dollars not really expecting it to work all that well. I am happy to report it was plug and play with absolutely no issues, allowing for screen mirroring as well as extending monitors for a secondary display.

Overall very pleased for the price!

Oh!Cornell Gray Fox Messenger Bag - Fits Up To 15-inch laptops
Oh!Cornell Gray Fox Messenger Bag - Fits Up To 15-inch laptops
Offered by OhCornell
Price: $40.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice bag, more lilac or blue than gray though., March 10, 2016
Important to keep in mind while reading this review are two points; the first being that I received the product in exchange for an HONEST review and the second - that this bag is being sold as gray in color. I will get to the the actual review in a second, but if you're looking for a neutrally gray bag STOP - this is not the bag for you. Unlike the product image (and I work on a print-corrected monitor for work so it's not that), the bag that arrived was HEAVILY tinted blue/purple. For color geeks like me, the product image is a Pantone 431 - to contrast, the back that actually arrived is much closer to Pantone 652. This is really the only reason that I took off a star, but then again I think it's important.

Other than that, the bag is relatively well made. The leather is a nice quality, and will easily wear to a beautiful aged finish over time. The strap seems sturdy and is comfortable with a 15" Macbook Pro and iPad tucked inside, and the stitching seems to be durable and well done. I'm not a huge fan of the locking mechanism for the straps - I have the feeling I'm going to accidentally unhook them one of these days, but that remains to be seem.

The bag has adequate pockets, however a common theme with these imported canvas bags is that they're really only copying a few master designs and not putting money into R&D. This is how they keep the costs low, but it also stifles innovation in areas like functionality (pockets, etc.)

Overall, not a bad bag. Generally well made, comfortable and stylish. The color thing is an issue - my girlfriend is happy to use the bag but even she (not a designer or working in the print business) remarked on the strong color shift. Recommended, unless you're looking for a properly gray bag. I will add a photo to this review shortly.

Archgon 1TB Aluminum Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Built-in Western Digital WD10JPVX Inside Support UASP Mode
Offered by Archgon USA
Price: $64.50

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent drive at the right price!, January 12, 2016
As a photographer, I cannot tell you how many drives I fill up. While I have invested in a high-end off-site backup system for my very important client files, I still need spare hard drives here and there for all of the other photos and files I create! Archgon sent me a sample of this drive for evaluation purposes, I promised only my honest opinion in return.

PRICE
At $60 this is priced in the ballpark of all the other big name brands of hard drives out there, give or take a few bucks either way. This is the first stumbling block for most data storage companies - competing with the bigger names without sacrificing on cost-effectiveness or quality.

QUALITY
When I read that the Archgon is housing a genuine WD Blue 5,400RPM drive, I immediately felt 100% better about the safety of my (non-crucial) data. Yes, an off-site RAID backup is a million times safer, but if you're trusting an external the drive really should be a recognizable brand. The quality of the case that houses it is actually very nice - not quite as good as OWC but definitely better than Rosewill, if that makes any sense. The aluminum is a little bit of a thicker gauge when compared to cheaper enclosures, and the finish is excellent - no sharp edges whatsoever.

PERFORMANCE
Featuring USB 3.0, you should have no problem maxing out the capabilities of the 5,400RPM drive (100MB/s give or take). That of course is going to depend on the write speed of the target drive and whether you're using USB 3.0 or not. Unfortunately, my "ancient" 2012 Macbook Pro does not have a USB 3.0 port so I cannot test the true speeds, however even hooked up to a USB 2.0 port I am seeing speeds that are on-par with my other external drives.

OVERALL
This thing looks pretty BA, it houses a WD drive, and the speeds are on par with other drives. It's going to come down to aesthetics for most people - in my mind, having a sweet brushed aluminum finish is worth buying the Archgon over plastic WD-brand external drives (what we have been buying). I'm hoping to see more from Archgon, particularly if they can maintain competitive prices ! Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20