Profile for Mike Corrales > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mike Corrales RSS Feed (San Diego, CA United States)

Waiting for My Rocket to Come
Waiting for My Rocket to Come
Offered by KingsRidgeMedia
Price: $10.95
176 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The best new artist this year -- maybe this decade!, October 23, 2002
Although Jason Mraz has been on the scene in San Diego for some time, this is his first studio release. I have had the good fortune to see him perform at local venues on multiple occasions and have repeatedly been blown away by his talent, his stage presence and his insanely unique voice. I was a little afraid that a produced studio album would not adequately showcase this incredible talent. This album, while certainly different than seeing him live, adds a whole new dimension of sound to his songs.
I have two things about this album that were somewhat disappointing: it's missing two of my favorite songs (0% Interest & Conversation with Myself) and the lack of visibility for Toca Rivera -- Jason's live percussion and harmonic companion. None-the-less, this is by far the best album I have bought this year. This is the most excited I've been about a new artist since I first saw Nickel Creek live two years ago. If you appreciate any of the following: Jazz, Reggae, Pop, Freestyle Rap, Folk, or Alternative Rock -- you won't be disappointed by the fusion of all of them. If this guy gets any radio watch out Dave Matthews, John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Glen Phillips...