Profile for Noah > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Noah RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pinzon Heavyweight Cotton Flannel Sheet Set - Queen, Graphite
Pinzon Heavyweight Cotton Flannel Sheet Set - Queen, Graphite
Price: $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 28, 2015
Super comfortable. Warm and cozy.

I Will Teach You To Be Rich
I Will Teach You To Be Rich
Price: $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great content. Highly recommend., March 28, 2015
An unfortunately titled book that when I show to friends can be a bit of a turn off. But if only they knew! The content of this book is pure gold. Solid personal finance advice. Pay yourself first, invest in solid index funds and avoid getting ripped off by extra fees, automate your good decisions and then forget about it and live your life unencumbered by daily bean counting and budgeting. Ramit was my RA in a college dorm and was beta testing a lot of these ideas with some after dinner talks. It was crazy to stumble across this years later and find out he is now a personal finance guru. Don't be fooled by the fancy pitches of many of those other speakers and programs. They are mainly to help those selling the programs get rich.

Some content has changed over the years. Interest rates at various banks have changed since this went to print years ago, but the basic philosophies haven't. At least 90%+ of the content of this book is broadly applicable and the discerning can find a few different avenues for where to take their money in a few circumstances. But for the basics that won't lead you wildly astray and will get you to a good place in life...this is a great start.

This book teaches a life philosophy that isn't glamorous but is absolutely data driven and sensible. In a sense it's a concept described elsewhere as "get rich slowly." Repeated good decisions, an adequate savings rate etc and you can be well equipped for a good retirement while avoiding debt and still enjoying life along the way. There are no shortcuts in this book, and its frankly just a lot of common sense. But laying it all out in an organized fashion was something I found very helpful.

This book, along with White Coat Investor are my top two personal finance books.

ZyXEL 500 MB/s Fast Ethernet Powerline Wall-Plug Adapter, Starter Kit - 2 Units (PLA4211KIT)
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great. Very fast and delivers >60 Mbps at my ..., March 28, 2015
Works great. Very fast and delivers >60 Mbps at my home. Occasional unexplained 1-2 min drops in connectivity a few times a day but worth it to keep other previously inaccessible parts of the house wires.

Anolon Advanced Hard Anodized Nonstick 10-Inch Skillet
Anolon Advanced Hard Anodized Nonstick 10-Inch Skillet
Price: $59.99
16 used & new from $28.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Great heat distribution and cooks well, March 28, 2015
Great heat distribution and cooks well. Non stick works for fried eggs and others where you can have the heat build up and separate food from the pan but if you keep stirring or scrambled eggs it doesn't work as well as the other more glossy non stick pans. This is a good overall pan but I LOVE the Analon Ultimate 12 inch pan. It has better non stick and is more multi purpose. Literally the only pan I used cooking through college and grad school, then wore out so I got another as well as this slightly inferior but nice adjunct.

Household Essentials Clothes Hamper with Lid, Coffee Linen
Household Essentials Clothes Hamper with Lid, Coffee Linen
Price: $19.49
12 used & new from $19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 28, 2015
Looks good, works as expected. A great upgrade for the laundry basket in my room.

Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser, 16 fl. oz.
Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser, 16 fl. oz.
Price: $35.00
10 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, lasts forever., March 28, 2015
Fabulous face wash. Has some toner that cuts through oily skin but is gentle at the same time. Leaves my face feeling neutral (not too oily or dry, nice and clean) after use. Good scent and the pump handle is good for easy application. About a year after purchase I have now used half the bottle. I use a dime sized amount 1-2x per day for washing. Expensive up front purchase price for face wash but given such an excellent product that lasts so long I would say it is still a great value. I would get it again.

for Apple iPhone 6 Holster Pouch for 4.7" Screen 2014 release Slim Style Premium Leather Case Holster Pouch with RUcell Brand Screen Cleaning Cloth
Offered by RUcell
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, looks good but nothing fancy., March 28, 2015
Works great. Fits the bare iPhone 6 well and firmly but gets in for the phone with a slim case. It's not real leather of course and it is wearing a bit thin after daily use for 6 months but still well worth it for the price and meets my expectations.

The BATCLIP SHEARS
The BATCLIP SHEARS
Offered by Wild Tree Designs
Price: $22.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case., March 28, 2015
Great product. Can clip the case onto scrubs as I don't wear a belt while in the ED. Holds the shears firmly in place. Shears are very sharp out of the box - so much that I cut myself through a glove and cleaning wipe the first week using them and gave me a scare, but have dulled to a "normal" level after a month or so of use. I got this mainly for the case as I find it works better than a lanyard or retractable zip line for storage. That does the job beautifully and the adequete shears are a good bonus. I have the Batclip for my stethascope too and it's been working great for years.

Extra Plush Rayon from Bamboo Fitted Mattress Topper - Made in America - Queen Pad
Offered by eLuxury Supply
Price: $119.99
2 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous product., March 28, 2015
An absolutely outstanding bed topper. I was on a mission to upgrade my $200 ikea mattress and went big- getting a $2000 pillowtop item. It started out well but I came across an uncomfortable fact about many pillowtop mattresses- they sag and form a "memory" of body indentations. I was falling into the same divot before no time and had to pass the mattress along and write it off as a terrible investment. I went back the the old cheap and firm mattress and then put this bamboo topper on it. It's a whole new world! It adds a touch of softness on top while letting a frim mattress underneath give support. It feels like a pillowtop mattress with a perfect firm but supportive blend. It sleeps cool. I now have a perfect bed all for about $300- mattress and topper included. Can't be beat.

O'Neill Wetsuits Men's Epic 5/4 mm, Black/Black/Black, X-Large
O'Neill Wetsuits Men's Epic 5/4 mm, Black/Black/Black, X-Large
Price: $178.34
2 used & new from $178.34

3.0 out of 5 stars Good materials, warm, neck too small., March 28, 2015
Excellent materials, stretchy and comfortable though I found the neck area far too tight. I suppose this would help prevent water flowing down the suit while ducking under a wave but it wasn't worth it to me as I felt like I was about to pass out after wearing the suit for 5 minutes while feeling strangled. Returned for a different model.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4