Profile for Jeromy Shepherd > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeromy Shepherd RSS Feed (Ursa, IL USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Custom Leathercraft 125L Handyman Flex Grip Work Gloves, Large
Custom Leathercraft 125L Handyman Flex Grip Work Gloves, Large
Price: $12.44
26 used & new from $9.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Gloves, May 9, 2013
I purchased these to replace a pair of Carhartt's I disliked and reviewed negatively on Amazon. I cannot be more pleased. They are well made, padded in the right places, breathe, have much better stitching and I find them to look good as well. It is nice to see an excellent pair of gloves do not have to cost a bucket load of cash. Great job.

CowboyStudio NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Trigger for External Speelights with 1 Trigger and 2 Receivers (NPT-04+extra receiver)
Price: $27.00
7 used & new from $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works flawless LOS. Behind model . . . err not so much., March 4, 2013
What I like:

1. Price. You just can't argue with the price point being in the range of try it with little risk. I know Pocket Wizards will work 100% but I can buy a new backdrop for that. As the Strobist says, eventually you will come to buy the Pocket Wizards, it just doesn't have to be your first purchase.

2. Worked out of the box. I purchased 3 remotes and a transmitter. I had a little issue with misfiring of my front umbrella's until I worked out the hot-shoe connector wasn't seated correctly. A little jiggling and a audible "click" noise later it worked perfectly with my Canon 550ex. After 1000 frames not one front failure.

3. Elegant design. They add a little height to my rig but nothing dramatic. They are unassuming and blend into the look of the flash.

What I don't like:

1. Misfire's behind models. I use a gelled speedlite to color my backdrop for mood. I hide the flash behind the model around shoulder height. It fails consistently 20% of the time. I swap out fresh batteries, I rotate my triggers from the front to the back. I change channels. Nothing helps. It seems the placement of a person in front of the flash by 1' is enough to allow the trigger to fail. Very Very frustrating.

2. Battery Door. On the triggers the batter door slides down and off. It is not attached to the trigger at all and seems to get dropped or misplaced during rapid battery changes. would have been nice to have a hinge or some other mechanism to keep the door attached but out of the way during battery swap.

3. Strange battery for transmitter. I don't know how often it will need changed but it should would be nice to have a strong AAA battery in there instead. When trouble shooting issues testing/swapping the battery would be handy to eliminate it.

All in all I am not disappointed with the purchase. For the price point I can't complain. I wonder why i can fire the flashes from another room but if a model is standing right in the LOS blocking it won't fire. Looks like I will be upgrading sooner than I thought. Cheers!

Carhartt Men's The Dex Spandex and Goatskin Work Glove
Carhartt Men's The Dex Spandex and Goatskin Work Glove
Price: $15.00 - $26.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, August 7, 2012
My gloves fit perfect. They looked good, were light weight and cool to use in the summer.

With light use the stitches holding the elastic wrist to the glove gave away. That was only after 6 weeks of occasional use. They are completely useless now. I cannot recommend with such poor/cheap stitching.

Sterling Silver Green Amethyst 3 Stone Ring (2.20 CT) In Size 5
Sterling Silver Green Amethyst 3 Stone Ring (2.20 CT) In Size 5
Offered by Vir Jewels
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear, July 30, 2012
My daughter thought it was diamond at first glance because it is so clear with very little color. For the price it is heavy, well made and clear gems without major flaws. I am impressed, just wish it was a bit more green for five stars.

Cuisinart 622-30G Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
Price: $36.99
19 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my stove, July 14, 2012
I have a electric stove that is in desperate need of replacing. It is uneven and pans wobble on it. Of course this means it heats uneven and creates a poor cooking surface. This pan is heavy enough to compensate for my stoves weakness and completely surpasses my expectations for a consumer skillet.

In every way this is superior to any pan I have owned. I highly recommend it.

Skooba Accessory Shoulder Strap (995-400)
Skooba Accessory Shoulder Strap (995-400)
Price: $19.95
13 used & new from $17.40

5.0 out of 5 stars More than what i expected, July 14, 2012
I work for the Railroad and carry a "grip" that has everything I need in it. Which is to say a lot. I generally break my strap and then buy a new bag. Unfortunately Carhartt discontinued my favorite bag. When the strap broke I figured I was out of luck. I took a chance on this strap and am *very* surprised at the quality and durability. I do believe it will outlast my original Carhartt strap.

The only complaint would be it's a bit shorter than my original. The original was extra long though so the strap could be put over my head comfortably. For straight, same side shouldering this works perfectly.

I look forward to getting many more years out of this bag now that I found a durable strap that I can replace if it should become worn out.

Singing Machine Pedestal CD+G Karaoke Player w/ iPod Dock & 7" LCD Color Monitor
Offered by BJC Products Inc
Price: $284.99
7 used & new from $259.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, January 4, 2012
I purchased this for my 9 year old at Christmas. Set up was easy Christmas morning. Within 10 min of opening the box we had a CD-G in it and singing.

Pros: Surprised at the quality of sound out of the plastic speakers. We found it to be loud enough. The microphones clipped off sound when it was to close to your mouth. Quickly we learned where the ideal location was. My little one had to learn to project her voice for it to be picked up well though.

Cons: Camera worked for exactly one day. By the next day when we turned the machine on it was dead. We did not use it for the little one anyways because she was too short. We would have had to get a box for her to stand on for the camera to see her face. Video quality was blaa when it worked so no loss. Not a well implemented feature that could have been left off.

The echo feature had 3 settings only and seemed to be zero effect to way to much at setting 1. A dial adjustment would have been much better. In addition, the settings isn't sticky, so you have to set it every time you turn on the machine.

In general buttons are not very responsive. Skipping songs, turning on settings, etc all seem to lag and frustrated young users.

**Over all we are not displeased. At this price point we received more than we expected. If the frustrations were cleared up would have given it a easy 5 star rating. They set ambitious goals and came up short on several features.

14k White Gold Green Amethyst and Accent Diamond Ring (0.02 Cttw, I-J Color, I2-I3 Clarity)
Offered by Ice.com

1.0 out of 5 stars Said, December 15, 2010
The stone fell out within 6 months of occasional use. By occasional I mean 3 times. Very poorly set. Stone was beautiful. Wish I knew where it was.

iriver iGP-100 1.5 GB MP3 Player
iriver iGP-100 1.5 GB MP3 Player
Offered by kiddie world
Price: $65.99
7 used & new from $65.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, February 29, 2004
The iGP-100 is almost perfect. I am very pleased I choose it over the iPod.
Pros:
- Small: The size fits easily in my shirt pocket.
- Loud: The volume goes to 40; anything over 21 is excessively loud for me. Hard to believe so much sound could come from such a small player.
- Case: Bundled in the package is a nice leather wrap, like what some folks put on cell phones. I don't see many scratches making it through the leather, very nice touch iRiver!
- Battery: As others have noted, VERY good battery life. I fully charged it and took it to work. I never took them off and listened all day (9hrs) and it still had two bars of charge. Only time will tell if it can hold that performance up over the long haul.
- OGG Support: Long needed on the iRiver CD players, I am glad they are finally on board with OGG
- Software: NO special software to load or unload songs. It mounts like a hard drive. Just drag and drop songs.
Cons:
- Line Out: I am unable to connect this to my home, car or other devise because there is no line out! Considering iRiver puts line outs on all its CD/MP3 players I guess I wrongly assumed it would be on this one too.
- Recorder: No recorder/microphone built into it. I had hoped to use this to record business meetings, etc.
- 1.5G: Since its stiffest competitor is 4G (iPod), it would be nice if it had more space.
- Audible.com support. Because of the "ease of use" software there is no inherent song protection. I guess that is why Audible.com does not support it. I hope in the future iRiver can add a firmware upgrade allowing audible downloads.
Conclusion: I like my iGP-100. It's small, loud and holds enough music that I don't have to listen to the same song twice in a week. The few features I listed in the cons (except audible.com) are available on the iHP line from iRiver. Since this is the entry-level product for that line I assume the line out was kept off as a marketing thing. I am very disappointed in that one thing but I should have read closer to the specs when I made my purchase. If you are interested in portable music only used through headphones, this is a clear choice in my opinion. If you want to use that portable music in your car or home stereo step up to the iHP-100 with its optical input and output.

My Mail List & Address Book
My Mail List & Address Book
Offered by MCAA Direct
Price: $18.99
5 used & new from $9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 10, 2002
I have been managing my mailing list for my bi-monthly newsletter using an Excel Spreadsheet exporting to Word to do all the mail merging to lables and envolopes. I desided to give My Mail List a try. I am so pleased with the purchase I am going to upgrade to the Deluxe and try my hand at bulking mailing! I definitly recommend this to folks that want a easy program that manages your data and allows you to merge to letters, lables etc all inside one program. Two thumbs up for sure!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2013 8:41 AM PST