Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Sweet Addiction
Sweet Addiction
Price: $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars feels like a teenager wrote this book., September 7, 2014
This review is from: Sweet Addiction (Kindle Edition)
The plus side of this book is the sex. It's really hot and there is a lot of it. There is actually so many sex scenes in this book book that I found myself flipping over them just to get to the actual story part. That aside, this book started out really good. It has everything I like strong MC strong male lead and an awesome group of besties. By chapter 13 I started getting mad and by chapter 17 I wanted to give up. The main character's tirades and emotional roller coaster rides are exhausting. She's happy, she's crying, she's slapping mr. Mc hottie. She slaps him a few times in this book and it really bugs me. Her ex boyfriend is a real crappy guy and frankly serves no purpose of this book other than to pass everyone off. He's flat, one dimensional, and re

Hush, Hush (The Hush, Hush Saga Book 1)
Hush, Hush (The Hush, Hush Saga Book 1)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $8.18

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite story of all time, October 14, 2012
This is a book that if my soul could spill out into an addictive book, it'd be this one. I've read all the books so far, and I've read this book a hundred times its just so captivating. It's seriously amazing. I recommend them all. :)

Persephone (Daughters of Zeus Book 1)
Persephone (Daughters of Zeus Book 1)
Price: $3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars This was simply an amazing book, October 14, 2012
This is part one in a series, I didn't realize it when i read the title, i figured the series would be based on different daughters of Zeus but after reading this book i was really relieved that wasn't the case. The book captures your attention on the first line and doesn't let you go for a minute. I read the sample cause i was curious and literally about lost my head when i had to wait a week to buy it. Its a modern spin on the classic tale of Persephone and Hades. I loved the way they modernized it but was a little confusing when it got to telling about the myths. If there are myths, why is it all kinda happening? I dunno. I'm glad they left that part out, it just seemed like it would be too complicated to really explain. This was an easy, light read and I couldn't put it down. Literally. I was up all night reading it because its just so addictive. Loved this book, I will read the others without a doubt, and can't hardly wait till January when the next one will be released.

The Curse Girl
The Curse Girl
by Kate Avery Ellison
Price: $8.09
18 used & new from $7.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but there are flaws, October 2, 2012
This review is from: The Curse Girl (Paperback)
Curse girl is about a teenager named Beauty (aka Bee) who gets talked into going into the "cursed house" to save her father from a doomed fate. There she meets Will the Beast Boy, Rose (his sister),Liam (the monster in the basement) and the assortment of servants as well, as the Witch who cursed them all to their fate to begin with (note this chick is bats*** crazy, no joke.)

This book is a great, light, quick read. It's not even 200 pages so I had this read in just a few short hours. The characters are fun, but not really well rounded out, just enough personality to make you feel sorry for them and their predicament. Bee is a funny girl, and I rooted for her and William's romance from the get go, and it didn't feel awkward or rushed like so many books often do. There were a few quirks with this book like they didn't touch much on some of the side characters and how they were really involved in the book (like the dark elf in the fey world) and some other characters felt just thrown in there so that later on, when a solution popped up it seemed less weird (Ann the Fairy). I also found a lot of grammatical errors in this book. Someone who's just reading and isn't big on grammar wouldn't even notice but things like by instead of my kind of make my eyebrow quirk up.
I also felt like some of the characters really didn't fit in with their personality outlines. Like Beauty often refers to herself as shy and quiet, but is constantly fighting with William and storming about. William's cursed predicament was kind of obvious (not overly so, there were a couple surprises there) but didn't detract from the overall pleasure of the book.
I found the writing style to be easy and enrapturing, I couldn't hardly put this book down and found it highly entertaining for such a short book.
If you're someone who's looking for the Best Book of The Year, you're not going to find it here, but if you're just looking for something a little different that's light and fun, a good laugh, then you've come to the right place.
This is a most interesting twist on the Beauty meets Beast story, I think the house and the whispering wallpaper was actually my favorite part of it all, and even the origami was pretty interesting and the curse a little difficult to figure out.
This is a book i will definitely keep in my library and will most certainly look for more titles by this author.

Wonder Witches
Wonder Witches
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars it, July 1, 2012
This review is from: Wonder Witches (App)
its a tough game to play but very fun. i definintely would reccomend to play. i love the challenges and the graphics are cute.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand: Season 1
Spartacus: Blood and Sand: Season 1
DVD ~ Andy Whitfield
Offered by American_Standard
Price: $21.49
32 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Show, April 26, 2012
Even as a female this show still appealed to me. There is tons of violence, nudity (both male and female), and lots of coarse language, but none of that bothered me in the slightest. The story line is very engaging and doesn't leave for a dull moment. Spartacus from the second episode in, draws in the viewer and keeps them engaged all the way to the end. Personally, I was admittedly almost turned off from this show just by the first episode. It was over the top with the cheesy graphics ( much like the movie 300), and so much slow motion that i seriously wanted to bang my head against a wall. The story though, was good enough i decided to go for a second episode to see if it got any better, and boy did it! The actors are some of the best I've seen in awhile. The show delves deep into the human soul, bringing about all forms of manipulation, debauchery, love, heartache, loss, devotion, and hope. The story is amazing, and the characters so real like that i would almost believe them real. I highly recommend this show if you like a good action-based series.

American Horror Story: Season 1
American Horror Story: Season 1
DVD ~ Connie Britton
Price: $19.99
17 used & new from $12.80

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Show, April 2, 2012
American Horror Story is the show that makes your mind keep turning even after the episode is over. It keeps you hooked and compels you to keep watching. It has all the elements you would look for in a good horror story and even beats most horror movies I've seen these days. I love the tone of the show, the Gothic realistic feel of it. The characters are very well rounded out, the parents facing the issues of cheating and loss, as well as their daughter facing her teenage angst. I frankly can't wait for a second season despite the change of characters and location, i am still really amazed at how well the first season was. The show kept you wondering and guessing all the way to the end. i won't lie, there were a few things i thought they could have wrapped up better, or even wrapped up at all, that they didn't but that didn't detract from the overall show. I will be watching season 2!

Wither (Chemical Garden)
Wither (Chemical Garden)
by Lauren DeStefano
Price: $8.99
134 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever!, February 15, 2012
I found this book at Wal-mart while shopping, and instantly the cover of it caught my eye as well as the title. After reading the back of it, i knew this was a book for me. The book is both dark and beautiful, depressing as well as enchanting and action packed. All through this book, there isn't a dull moment. It's one big thing to the next, and when the book ended i wanted to cry. The characters are all very complex with their own feelings and attitudes. It amazed me how well the author made them come to life and made them seem all very real. I highly recommend this book and can't wait for the next installment. I hope Rhine chooses Gabriel in the end. <3 love that boy.

Sweetly (Fairy Tale Retelling)
Sweetly (Fairy Tale Retelling)
by Jackson Pearce
82 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Bitter Sweet, November 15, 2011
The artwork attracted me to this book and when i read the synopsis and found out it was a retelling of Hansel and Gretel i was very excited. I've been through all the supernatural romance books and was getting bored. This book is both very sorrow filled and sweet. I wanted to cry for Gretchen's lost sister and was happy for the "new" her. It took me about two days to get through it, and though i couldn't hardly put it down, there were moments i wanted to. This book is so mysterious and there are times i got a little frustraited at how slow or unempathetic the characters were. This book has so much mystery and when it finally comes to conclusion and wraps up the book, it also leaves even more questions to be answered. I feel like this book was supposed to have a sequel. It leaves me wanting more. It's beautiful, dark, and wonderous. I hope to read more from this author.