Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Zack Davisson > Reviews

Browse

Zack Davisson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2598
Top Reviewer Ranking: 343

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Zack Davisson RSS Feed (Seattle, WA, USA)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (2008 HOLIDAY TEAM)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Coleman Camping 8 Person Instant Signal Mountain Tent
Coleman Camping 8 Person Instant Signal Mountain Tent
Offered by VMInnovations
Price: $216.99
17 used & new from $189.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Serious design flaws, June 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I caution you to read the reviews closely before choosing to buy this. It has potential, but right now has serious design flaws, specifically in the center ridge pole that make it almost impossible to assemble. Had I not gotten this free for review, I would have returned it.

The idea of "instant tents" is a great one. We've been using a pop-up tent for years that is absolutely amazing. This one seemed like a larger version, and we were excited to try it out. We gave it a test in our backyard, which I am glad that we did. Because we uncovered two major problems:

1. The instructions are useless - I am surprised that these passed whatever amounts for internal quality checks at Coleman, and that someone actually signed off on these as "good enough." They don't tell you what order to do things in, and the take down instructions tell you to "fold neatly." Thanks for that ... You will find yourself entirely on your own in terms of set-up and take-down on this. And the intep.rnet wasn't any hel

2. The center ridgepole - If you read the reviews, you'll see a common issue. It takes considerable strength to expand the center ridge pole. This two grown adult men pulling on either side in a tug-o-war. And even then, the locking mechanism is effectively useless. I have never gotten it to lock, and the only person I have seen make it work was an engineer who disassembled it and fixed the flaws in the sprint. We have been trying workarounds, but the fact is that the center pole doesn't lock. (Unless you are lucky enough to get one after they fix this flaw!)

I emailed Coleman about this, but they haven't responded. The rest of the tent is ... OK. Thinking this tent will hold 8 people is a joke. MAYBE it would hold 8 8-year olds. But certainly not grown adults. I would put it at 4 adults tops, and maybe more if you are very comfortable with each other. There are almost zero inside pockets and such like usually come with tents.

Not a great tent all around, and rendered a terrible tent by the ridgepole issues.

Dephen Solar Globe String Lights 19.7 ft 30 LED Crystal Ball Fairy Orb Bubble Christmas Lights for Outdoor Garden Yard Patio Party Home Decoration(Multicolour)
Offered by dephen
Price: $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty crystal ball lights, June 14, 2016
I have quite a few of these kinds of solar lights decorating my garden now, and I think these "crystal ball" style are my favorite. They look really elegant and pretty compared to some of the more kitchy flower shapes. I have the crystal ball set in yellow, but this was the first time seeing the colored lights set. They look equally lovely. A nice, soft light that decorates our BBQ/garden space at night for the summers.

Like with all solar lights, they need lots of bright sun, which is something that can be hard to come by living in gloomy Seattle. They work best in summer, and aren't really effective as Christmas lights. There just isn't enough sun to light them up with any intensity. And in my experience you have to be careful about the solar panel. These aren't really built to last, and it seems like I lose a few after every serious rain storm. But with a little caution of placement they will last awhile.

Received for review.

KAZOKU Headlamp Flashlight with Red LED Light - Super Bright, Lightweight & Comfortable, Easy to Use - Perfect for Running, Walking, Camping, Reading, Hiking, Kids, DIY & More, Batteries Included
Offered by KAZOKU
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bright headlamp, June 14, 2016
This is a fantastic headlamp. It is super bright when all three lights are engaged; bright enough to hurt someone's eyes when you look at them! It is comfortable to wear, and recharges from a wall socket so you don't have to worry about batteries. But even then, it comes with an extra set of batteries for when the rechargeable set runs out! This is a great addition, as these batteries are very specialized. They are huge. Not sure what kind, but I had never seen them before.

The headlamp's operation is basic. You push once to light up the twin side lights, push again for the center lamp, a third time for full brightness with all three lights (which is really bright!), and then a final push gets you "blinking mode" with all three lights flashing like crazy. It can be annoying to have to cycle through for the mode you want, but that is standard for this type of light, and not a big deal at all. I'm taking this camping and into some caves this weekend, and looking forward to it!

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2016 1:40 AM PDT

Ucharge Star Curtain Lights, With 12 Stars 138pcs Waterproof Linkable Curtain Lights, Great Decoration for Wedding, Christmas, Holiday, Party and Home - Blue Star Curtain
Offered by huansinx
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Curtain of stars, June 8, 2016
These are really pretty. They are basically a curtain of stars that you plug in to add some dazzle. They are a nice blue light, and work well for Christmas or parties or out on the deck. The lights are bright, and everything works great! We originally got these for Christmas, but hung them up for my wife's birthday and really liked the effect. Very happy to have these as part of our display items.

Received for review.

Anti Aging Face Cream for Men By Baldwin with Dead Sea Minerals, Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitimin E, African Shea Oil and Dunaliella Extract - Nourishing Cream Paraben Free
Offered by Dead Sea Minerals Cosmetics
Price: $35.00
2 used & new from $27.81

4.0 out of 5 stars So manly my moisturizer ..., June 8, 2016
OK, so the marketing for this is a bit silly ... and I'm not sure about the "For Men" bit, but hey, once you get it out of the package it just looks like a regular tube, so that is good. The key factor on this is does it work? Yes, it does. I don't think the manliness makes it work any better than any other moisturizer of similar ingredients, but this one definitely does the trick.

It goes on heavy, about the consistency of suntan lotion. I wish there was a bit more control coming out of the tube, as I often seem to have more in my hand than I actually need. I use this pretty much for my face only, and don't need a bunch. It seems to be working well, so I continue to use it!

Received for review

Luseta Beauty Moisturizing Olive and Jojoba Body Oil, 4 Ounce
Luseta Beauty Moisturizing Olive and Jojoba Body Oil, 4 Ounce
Offered by Beauty 4 Us
Price: $17.95
3 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Moisturizing oil, June 8, 2016
I got this for my wife, who loves trying out new beauty products. She liked this a lot, saying it is works great as a moisturizing oil, and smells good too. Those are her two standards for this type of product, and it gets a thumbs up for both. She works a little into her hands every day as part of her beauty routine, and is happy to have this on her shelf

I've tried it myself and I like it as well! A nice oil all in all.

Received for review

Rutland Safe Lite Fire Starter Squares, 144-Square
Rutland Safe Lite Fire Starter Squares, 144-Square
Price: $21.29
17 used & new from $9.66

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I have tried, June 8, 2016
These are just fantastic. Economical. You get a ton of them, and they work great. I admit that since my Boy Scout days I have always prided myself on my fire building abilities, but since buying a house with a fireplace I have come to appreciate a good fire starter.

After trying several brands, these are the clear winner.

Scotts Turf Builder Southern Lawn Fertilizer with 2% Iron - 14 lb. (Sold in select Southern states)
Price: $15.99
8 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good so far, June 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
OK, I admit I didn't quite see the "Southern" thing when I ordered this, so I am trying it on my Northern lawn. Fortunately we are going through a heat wave right now, so I hope the conditions will be similar!

Like other Scotts products, this applies easily and soaks right in. I use a hand-disperser to spread the fertilizer, and it works great. Every thing looks good so far, so we will see how applicable this is to my environment.

NuFACE Mini
NuFACE Mini
Price: $199.00
13 used & new from $199.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A long-term solution, June 7, 2016
This review is from: NuFACE Mini (Health and Beauty)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's hard to give a decisive review on this, as it says it could take up to 6 months for results to appear, and even suggests you use it only on one side of your face for a couple of months so you can see the results. Uhhh ... no thanks! I don't want to look like the Batman villain Two-Face just so I can prove that this works!

Using it for awhile, it definitely stimulates. At first I tried it without the gel, and could feel the microshocks being delivered. With the gel it is much smoother, and glides over the face. It is a fairly arduous process. You have to commit to 5 minutes a day for several months in order to get results from this. So it is not for the casual user. Obviously, it isn't a permanent solution. As soon as you cease your regime, your face goes back to saggy baggy elephant. But so far it seems to be working, sooooo ... we'll keep at it!

BESTON 440 Lumens Ultra Bright Portable LED Rechargeable Camping Lantern (Tent Light) &10400mAh USB External Battery Charger Power Bank- IP65 Water Resistant - Best for Hiking Hurricane Outages
Offered by Beston Technology
Price: $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Camping technology!, June 7, 2016
I happy to have this, because it means I can finally ditch our old, clunky tent light that we never seemed to have batteries for. This one is light and portable, and only needs you to plug it into the wall for charging before heading out for a weekend of camping. Awesome! And you can even take some of that power back if you need it to charge up a phone or music player.

Really bright for it's size, and with a solid, waterproof covering. It even has a little hook to hang from the trees if you need it! Great all around.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20