Profile for Shack > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shack RSS Feed

Fitness Wireless Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone
Fitness Wireless Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone
Offered by Beets BLU
Price: $35.95
2 used & new from $25.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead out of the box, June 25, 2013
I bought this and it was dead out of the box. I never got a reply from customer service and I returned it to Amazon.

I bought the Wahoo strap instead. It also included an App.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2013 2:56 AM PDT

Wahoo Blue HR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android
Wahoo Blue HR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android
Price: $49.99
15 used & new from $39.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly, June 25, 2013
Paired with Strava out of the box. Super comfortable strap.

I have 10 runs with this so far. It continues to pair easily with both Strava and Wahoo App.

FYI - the Wahoo App is awesome.

Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android
Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone and Android
Price: $87.14
9 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The coolest bike computer on the planet, June 25, 2013
I was skeptical - a bike computer that could sync with your iPhone and use the iPhone's GPS to provide your data. This product works flawlessly and is truly a new way of doing things.

Out of the box, it synced immediately with the Wahoo App. I was able to configure my custom screens in the App and those screens appeared magically on the computer. I was riding within 10 minutes of opening the box. The data was perfect and then I easily uploaded to Strava within 30 seconds of finishing my ride. No cables.

Some other pros:
1) The bike computer is really small and sleek but the screen is HUGE. The screen is the same size as my garmin edge 500 but the bike computer is half the size. It is all screen!
2) It came with three mounting options - a forward style mount (which seemed a bit flimsy), a stem mount, and a quarter turn adapter that fits all my Garmin mounts. Bar Fly compatible!
3) It uses a coin cell battery. No re-charging!
4) Because my iPhone is in my jersey pocket, the battery lasts forever. I rode for 2.5 hours and only used 20% of my iphone charge. Awesome.

I highly recommend this product.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2013 4:46 AM PDT

Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, White
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, White
Price: $123.19
17 used & new from $119.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot sync with wi-fi - setup is terrible, May 17, 2012
I just got the scale today. I have tried to get it set up 6 times (wasting 30 minutes of my life) with three different wifi networks. It is impossible to get connected to a wifi network. What is the use of a wifi scale if you cannot connect to a wifi network?

The product is going back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2012 7:52 PM PDT

Wahoo Fitness Bike Case for iPhone
Wahoo Fitness Bike Case for iPhone
Price: $30.52
4 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well!, August 8, 2011
First of all, I am an iPhone person. I wanted a product that allowed me to use an iPhone as my cycling computer. I am sold on a single device for all of my data vs. dealing with wires and Garmin websites.

Second, I tried all of the iPhone cases available for biking. The Wahoo Case wins.

The big wins:
1) iPhone easily connects with all of my accessories - heart rate, power meter, and speed sensor. It works flawlessly and set up easily. This case has an ANT+ chip.
2) I can use any App I want. MapMyRide works really well with this case (its in the MapMyRide commercials). The Wahoo App is good too.
3) My phone seems safe. The case seems very protective and water tight. I feel like I could drop the iPhone off a building with this.
4) This isn't a Wahoo win, but more of an iPhone win. I have always on internet access - people can see me while riding!

The only cons:
1) The mount rattles just a little bit but still seems super secure. I have about a 1000 miles on this and have never lost my Phone. Bumps, potholes, bunny hops, etc. No worries.
2) The iPhone battery. Having the screen on all the time hurts battery life. I can do a 60 mile ride and that is about it (3.5 hours).

Again, I've tried them all (iBike, etc.) and this case rocks. I've ditched my Joule and now only use this. Bigger screen, GPS, and more data.

iBike Dash Deluxe CC Cycling Computer for iPhone 3G/3GS/4 and iPod Touch
iBike Dash Deluxe CC Cycling Computer for iPhone 3G/3GS/4 and iPod Touch
Price: $223.17

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy - not worth it., August 8, 2011
I was looking for a bike mount for my iPhone. I ride about 100 miles per week and wanted to use my phone as my bike computer. I wanted to also connect my phone to my speed/cadence sensor as well. I bought this and the Wahoo Fitness Bike Case to try out. The iBike case lost - big time.

Reasons why I disliked the iBike:
1) Only mounting option is the stem cap. It stuck up 3 or 4 inches and it was a pain in the butt to get the phone off and on. Definitely not made by a bike friendly company.
2) The screen opening on the iBike is too small. It blocks the sensor on the iPhone that reads ambient light and turns off the screen. Impossible to read the screen.
3) No headphone access.
4) This only works with iBike's crappy app. No MapMyRide. Also, Wahoo Fitness's app is 10000x better.
5) Just feels and seems cheap.
6) Expensive - about $100 more than Wahoo Case for inferior product.

I really wanted to like this product but it was impossible to. I don't think people who designed this were cyclists.

iBike Dash CC Cycling Computer for iPhone 3G/3GS/4 and iPod Touch
iBike Dash CC Cycling Computer for iPhone 3G/3GS/4 and iPod Touch
Price: $67.59
9 used & new from $23.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the iPhone bike mount to buy..., August 8, 2011

Reasons why I disliked the iBike:
3) No headphone access.
5) Just feels and seems cheap.
6) Expensive - about $100 more than Wahoo Case for inferior product.

Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2011 10:38 PM PST

LG 26LE5300 26-Inch 720p 60Hz LED LCD HDTV
LG 26LE5300 26-Inch 720p 60Hz LED LCD HDTV

2.0 out of 5 stars Slim but tough to mount on wall, August 2, 2011
I was super excited for this product. I wanted a super slim tv that I could mount on the wall in my bedroom and not be obtrusive. I think the quality of the product is great but there are two major issues.

1) Power cord. The power cord has a brick on it which means you cannot thread the power cord through the wall to make the cords go away on a wall mount.

2) The HDMI's are not flush mount. They stick out the back, making a wall mount application difficult.

I returned and purchase a Samsung 4000 series, which was more expensive but perfect for a wall mount.