Profile for The Milky Way > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The Milky Way RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)

The Disappeared (Short Story)
The Disappeared (Short Story)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Fun, July 10, 2013
Wow! I was blown away by this story. It reminded me of Stephen King, when he writes his sci-fi/supernatural blends. A great character piece with a great premise and a bit creepy. I hope the author turns it into a novel. I want to know what happens to Robert Gray (the main character)! Really loved this story!

White Elastic Cord 100yd - Medium
White Elastic Cord 100yd - Medium
Offered by SHOP FROM HOME
Price: $10.11
6 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, July 10, 2013
I had a science camp and used solar beads to show UV radiation. Used this cord to string the beads, Great success.

Straws & Connectors - 705 Piece Set
Straws & Connectors - 705 Piece Set
Offered by Play World Toys, LLC
Price: $43.18
20 used & new from $34.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Building material, June 28, 2013
I bought these for my science camp. The campers love to build with legos and knex, but I wanted them to build something bigger. The used these straws and built buildings, towers, hot air balloons and more. They worked together in teams and really learned a lot.

Cardboard Galilean Style Telescope Building Kit
Cardboard Galilean Style Telescope Building Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars A huge hit, June 28, 2013
I used these for a science camp project. The kids could build the telescope themselves. First I let them decorate the tubes to make it their own. Then we put the lenses and lens caps on. (The lens caps are a little loose and so we used packing tape to keep them in place). The telescope works really well for an inexpensive kit like this. I will buy them again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Googly eyes, June 28, 2013
I used them on all kinds of art projects. The kids loved using them and since they were not too expensive, I bought lots.

Darice Pony Beads, 6x9mm, Magic Color, 170-Pack
Darice Pony Beads, 6x9mm, Magic Color, 170-Pack
Price: $3.10
13 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Shows the power of the sun, June 28, 2013
I used these in my science camp to illustrate that UV radiation is affecting us even on a cloudy day.

Elmer's Washable School Glue Gallon
Elmer's Washable School Glue Gallon
Offered by S&S Worldwide
Price: $11.99
8 used & new from $10.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old glue!, June 28, 2013
This glue is just like other glue -- but less expensive. Worked fine. I used it to make lots of slime for my science camp. It was great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2014 7:36 AM PST

Under An Orange Sun, Some Days Are Blue
Under An Orange Sun, Some Days Are Blue
by Irving Belateche
Price: $11.66
32 used & new from $0.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and Beautiful, December 16, 2011
I loved this book. It's an honest, emotional journey. It's written like the quest for the Holy Grail. The author takes you through an incredible journey and you have to finish it. (I read it in one sitting.) And it's full of motivational advice, some of which is different than what you'd think. Like he quotes W.C. Fields (Try, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it") and he explains when it's better to change course to find something great and when it's better just to quit. 2 thumbs up!

The Night Circus
The Night Circus
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought it would be better, December 7, 2011
This review is from: The Night Circus (Kindle Edition)
I agree with the review titled Torn. I too thought it was pretty slow at the beginning. I almost gave up in the first 50 pages. Maybe my expectations were too high?! But I continued on and finally the book became more engrossing at around 100 pages. Just like Torn said, the end of the book is very good. But I think the author should have balanced the beginning of the book with the end. All in all, a good book -- not great.