Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for M. Chris > Reviews

Browse

M. Chris' Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Chris RSS Feed (New York)

SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB MP3 Player, Orange With Full-Color Display, MicroSDHC Card Slot and Stopwatch- SDMX22-004G-A57O (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
3 used & new from $85.00

4.0 out of 5 stars There will always be a place for the clip, September 2, 2011
While the smartphone replaces most pmps and mp3 players, would you want to drop your 500-700 dollar phone while running or at the gym and risk breaking it? Enter the Clip Zip. For a mere 100 dollars you can have a 36gb mp3 (4gb + 32gb microsd card) player that is the size of a book of matches, and has amazing sound quality. The improvements over the clip+ include a color screen for album art, support for your aac files, and alphabetical browsing. You can either drag and drop files directly onto the player, or use third party software (I prefer media monkey.) The only con is battery life, but you will still get around 9-12hrs of playback if you are not listening to flac files. Bottom line, if you workout, run, cycle, lift weights or are just an active music listener, the clip zip is a must.

Pros:
Portability
Sound Quality
Expandable Memory
Does not tie you down to specific software
Supports flac, wav, mp3, aac.
Price

Cons:
Battery Life could be better
Included headphones definitely do not do the player justice.

Paranormal Activity (Two-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray]
Paranormal Activity (Two-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Katie Featherston
Price: $8.99
86 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, January 8, 2010
Interesting concept, horrific acting by the two leads, and the sound quality is AWFUL! This is the first movie I have had to put captions on to understand what the hell the actors were saying, and I have a decent home theater system. NOTHING happens the entire movie, the ending is underwhelming, and I was not scared the entire movie, not even a little jump. Definitely is not worth the 24.99 price tag, as well as the blu ray transfer being one of the worst I have ever seen audio and video wise. If you MUST see it, definitely a rental.

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Capital_Sales
Price: $85.00
28 used & new from $69.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Blows Ipods away, December 16, 2009
I have owned 3 Ipods in my lifetime, the mini, shuffle, and an 80g Ipod Classic. The mini just stopped working after 2 months, and Apple told me that they would give me 35 bucks for it and I could order a new one...negative. The shuffle sucked because it has no display on it, as well as almost no battery life. The Classic is great for high capacity storage, and thats it. Now, all of these were given to me as gifts, as well as Itunes gift cards, etc. I was so sick and tired of the proprietary software, Itunes, and the drm on the majority of their music. Why can't I just drag and drop files onto my damn mp3 player, and use it on any computer?

Enter the sansa clip+. Supports Flac, mp3, wma, vogg orbis, and is a simple plug and play, drag and drop interface. No more itunes, no more having someone plug in their ipod and destroying my entire library of music!

I rip all my cds to mp3 at 320 bit rate for use with the sansa, and it sounds 45x better than an ipod, even with relatively cheap vmoda ear buds. I use it primarily for the gym, so sound quality is not as important as the ease of use and portability.

I now can rip all my cds to Flac, and save those on the sandisk miniSD cards. Amazing! Drag and drop and done. No syncing, no Itunes, I have been liberated!

Rambo [Blu-ray]
Rambo [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Sylvester Stallone
107 used & new from $0.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Now THIS is an action film., December 16, 2009
This review is from: Rambo [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Great action, minimal CGI, and very fast-paced, this puts the ACTION in action movie.

At barely 85min long, this movie barrels along from action sequence to action sequence, is gory, violent, and disturbing. Stallone is actually beleivable in his role as a super mercenary, who kills in barbaric and realistic ways. A true throwback to 80's action films. Its great to see in a time where we have Matt Damon and Brad Pitt playing the heavies, that true action stars such as Stallone and Bruce Willis have reminded us what being an action hero is all about. Cannot wait for The Expendables next year!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Two-Disc Special Edition) [Blu-ray]
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Two-Disc Special Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Shia LaBeouf
Price: $14.39
143 used & new from $0.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk., December 16, 2009
I am a man of simple tastes. I like Violent, masochistic, and bloody action movies. I have no problem with summer blockbuster movies thin on plot and character, and filled with action. That being said, I have my limitations.

This is probably the worst movie I have ever seen, taking in to account budget, special effects, action sequences, etc. The first hour is utterly unwatchable. Horrible jokes, acting, as well as seizure inducing camera shots where you cannot even tell who is fighting who. The one star I am giving this movie is for the action sequence in the woods between Prime and Megatron, which was fantastic.

I couldn't believe how horrible this movie was, and I enjoyed and own the first Transformers on blu ray and standard dvd. This movie feels like its 6 hours long, and it will take you at least that amount of time to finish it.

Plot: 0/10
Characters: 0/10
Comedy: 0/10 - I am not easily offended and this is one of the most incredibly racist movies I have ever seen, racial jokes throughout including 2 jive talking gold toothed robots who act like idiots.
Action Sequences: 7/10- when you can tell what the hell is going on
Audio: 10/10 - Great demo disc, will put any home theater to the test.
Re-watch-ability: 1/10- Great to show friends you're home theater.

Kenneth Cole New York Women's KC4417-NY Classic Trend Silver Bracelet Watch
Kenneth Cole New York Women's KC4417-NY Classic Trend Silver Bracelet Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars What happened?, December 16, 2009
In a rare mix-up, this order was shipped on November 14, and I never received a single update as far as shipping goes. Almost 4 weeks later, still nothing delivered. I contacted Amazon and they sent me a replacement free of charge with 2 day shipping. I received the replacement and everything ended up working out! Thanks Amazon for such a pain free process!

Logitech Z-2300 THX-Certified 2.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer
Logitech Z-2300 THX-Certified 2.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer
11 used & new from $217.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Umm...Wow, December 16, 2009
I purchased this item originally for my dell computer as I have thousands and thousands of songs as well as a few movies saved on it. However, when I realized it came with an rca adapter to hook up to a dvd player, tv with audio out, or blu ray, I decided to hook it up in my bedroom instead. I put in the Terminator Salvation DVD (not even a blu ray) and all I can say is WOW. This completely blows away my previous Sony CT-100 soundbar in sound clarity, BASS, and overall volume without distortion.

The build quality is fantastic, the subwoofer is a beast (even at half volume my room would shake with explosions. I really cannot believe this cost me a measly 150 bucks (taxes in NY are a b*tch.) The only inconvenience is the wired remote if you are not setting this up on a computer desk, but a minor inconvenience at that. In a small enough square room you can even hear some directional effects in the front from side to side, which is amazing considering this is a 2.1 stereo set-up.

Other than the wired remote, music sounds ok on this unit, yes it is loud, but there is a bit of mid range missing (no big deal to me, as I prefer loud, especially when I am working out.) I have tested the Rambo DVD, Terminator Salvation, and Punisher War Zone DVD and all sounded amazing on this little system. The toughest part now is convincing my father to get rid of that Bose 3 2 1 system he has in his home office and get this NOW!

Harman Kardon AVR-154 5x30W 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by HTF Products
Price: $299.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good entry level receiver, October 28, 2009
Sure you can run hdmi to it, but whats the point if it doesn't pass audio? Good entry level receiver, however you can find ones with more power for less. You still need to run opticals or coaxials for audio!

ZVOX 325 High-Performance Single-Cabinet Surround Sound System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm done with 5.1 systems, October 28, 2009
This is by far the best sounding, easiest to set up all in one theater system I have owned or heard, bar none. I have owned many 5.1 systems, and also two different soundbar systems (the highly rated Sony HT CT-100 being one of them), and the zvox 325 is the best bang for the buck.

Crystal Clear vocals, smooth bass, and the phase cue option is great for action movies (Wanted and Matrix Blu-ray sounded amazing, although music sounds much better with the phase cue turned almost all the way off.)

While the CT-100 worked great in my bedroom, vocals were still a problem, and the bass was way too punchy even at lower levels. Since I had just ditched and sold all my 5.1 equipment (yamaha 1000 watt receiver, boston acoustics bookshelves, and some older bose fronts) the last thing I wanted to do was run wires all over my condo, as well as have my fiance complain about space issues and how confusing it was for her to just watch tv through the internal speakers. I also did not want to drop thousands of dollars on other sound bar systems just because they had digital audio and hdmi switching capabilities.
My hdtv has 4 hdmi inputs, which is more than enough for me. I have my blu ray, wii, and hd cable all run through hdmi into the tv (except for wii, component), and the analog audio out to the zvox 325. I still do not buy the digital audio is always better bs, as this sounds 10x clearer than my ct-100, and can go twice as loud through a stereo mini jack! No, it is not true 5.1, but during movies I can hear background effects side to side, and most importantly, I can actually HEAR the dialogue. If there is one con, its the flimsy remote, but I can deal with it. I think zvox now has a customer for life, and for $299, I dare you to do better.