Profile for G. Chen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 360

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Chen "what is in a nickname" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Homemade Living: Home Dairy with Ashley English: All You Need to Know to Make Cheese, Yogurt, Butter & More
by Ashley English
Price: $10.96
62 used & new from $8.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book with Colorful and Useful Illustrations, December 11, 2014
The pictures inside are beautiful and colorful. The book is really well made. It was a great gift item for a dairy obsessed food lover. You can execute these steps easily. There is a reason the rating is so high for this product. It is well made and well thought out. I would buy this again for sure. The price at the time of my purchase was also reasonable. It was only about $12.

DefenderShield Universal Tablet EMF Radiation Protection Folding Folio Case for 7"-8" tablet computers including iPad mini, Nexus 7, Galaxy 7 and Kindle Fire
Offered by DefenderPad
Price: $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Protective Case and EMF Shield for Ipad Mini and Kindle Touch, December 11, 2014
From all appearances, this product is well-made. My initial impressions are: it looks very professional and could be carried to work, if you use your ipad mini's for work. It can also be used at home, as it appears durable and impervious to scratching. I have an ipad mini at home and also a kindle touch. I move my cases around with me from room to room as I travel for good lighting in my house throughout the day. I have tried this case on both of my electronic devices. Both devices, despite being of vastly different sizes, fit due to the adjustable or rather elastic straps that come with this case.

The reason for my purchase? I have recently encountered many articles about the dangers of electromagnetic radiation. The literature is compiled on the manufacturer's website. Of course, I would not just take any manufacturer's word. I also cross checked journal articles. The manufacturer's website is actually pretty well laid out and informational. Many of their blogs point to actual scientific publications and current research. There is research from Columbia University, Harvard, University of California, etc. reputable institutions on the dangers of electromagnetic radiation exposure. Therefore, in addition to warning my friends and family about the dangers of exposure, I have been looking for radiation shielding covers such as this.

I was not sure what PU leather was before I bought this, I purchased it anyways. A quick internet search reveals PU leather is synthetic leather that is used for many types of cases. It is easy to clean because it has a consistent texture, more so than does regular leather.

The case is soft to the touch and beautiful to the eye. On the outside it is an attractive dark black. Down the sides, there is black stitching which blends into the case and provides an outline sort of the way crowning on walls make walls look better. This case looks a lot like a leather bound book cover. The light weight of the cover makes me happy because I do not like my covers to add too much extra to my device. I am, after all, traveling from room to room with my case and devices.

The logo at the bottom, of the case, is what appears to be a Trojan man wielding a sword. On the inside, there is a soft grey colored felt like material. It is soft and free of particulates. This is good because then I don't have to worry about fibers rubbing off on my electronic device.

The inside has soft rubber flaps for holding my device in place. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about the rubber flaps but now I am glad that they are there as they allow me to fit a variety of devices inside, also, they allow me to easily remove my device when I want to switch it out for another.

An other case I bought for my kindle touch resulted in my kindle becoming STUCK! Be careful when experimenting on cheap cases!!!

The flaps, of this case, are much more gentle on my device. I don't have to worry about my ipad mini getting stuck. Also, I am happy that I am being shielded from radiation. Soon, I plan on buying a radiation counter to measure the difference between the electronic device exposed verses behind the cover. I can update after I do that. This product is a lovely and beautiful case. I am pleased with my purchase.

Simply Calphalon Nonstick 4-Quart Saucepan
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 4-Quart Saucepan
Price: $44.99
8 used & new from $36.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Huge, November 30, 2014
This is huge. I guess I should have read more carefully when it said 4Q saucepan, instead I just saw the word "saucepan" and assumed it would be small. My mistake. This can hold a GALLON of liquid. It is gigantic if you are using this to make sauces.

That said, this pan is well made. It has a little spout. You can use it to make stews and other such items that require cooking or braising in liquid on the stovetop with high walls. The lid has a small hole in it to help ventilate. This product is well made. The pan itself is very heavy and sturdy. I have had mine for several months and used it multiple times. I have had no problems making a variety of products in this. I boiled root veggies and also cooked bone-in goat.

A nice feature of this product is the two handles, which help you carry the pan with both hands. You don't have to worry about burning yourself.

Good Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Practice: Rationale and Compliance
Good Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Practice: Rationale and Compliance
Price: $79.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Used for Graduate Classes, November 30, 2014
This book is required for my graduate class. It does provide useful information and important considerations with regards to GMP. It talks about the practical application of GMP in some detail. The only thing I don't like is that it seems to ramble on in perhaps too much detail. Sometimes the author over emphasizes a point. It sort of becomes very dry and hard to follow. I think the content could be pared down to be more concise. Otherwise though, this book is pretty straight-forward and useful as a reference text.

100% Imported Cashmere Gloves, 2 Ply - Dehaired Pure Cashmere (Black) Size One Size
Offered by Fishers Finery
Price: $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these gloves, November 30, 2014
I love these gloves. They are so soft and well made. The weave on them is beautiful and intricate. It looks a lot nicer than the photos show. The only thing I didn't like about them was easy to take care of. The inside of the right hand glove has like a million tags on it that need to be cut off. I used scissors to carefully remove these. The gloves are very soft. They are of sufficient thickness to keep your hands warm. I wore these in about 50 degrees C weather and didn't feel cold at all. Usually, the holes in the glove weaving can let air get through but the knitting on these were sufficiently close that no air got through mine. Typically, I am a extra small - small size glove, these fit me perfectly and still had a little comfortable breathing room.

Fresh Ideas Ruffled Poplin Bedskirt Twin, White
Fresh Ideas Ruffled Poplin Bedskirt Twin, White
Price: $12.79
2 used & new from $12.79

4.0 out of 5 stars It's great if you use an unappealing frame, November 27, 2014
The price is reasonable for this product. I am not willing to pay a crazy amount of money for a simple bed skirt. In my opinion, a bed skirt is an aesthetic piece that adds no inherent functional value other than its appearance. That said, I will only pay less than $20 for such said item. This skirt is suitable for drawing attention away from the metal frame or wheels or legs of your bed. It's great if you use an unappealing frame, which can be unattractive to the naked eye. Just put this on top of the box spring layer. The skirt is long enough to go down from the box spring layer. It does not touch the floor, which is great if you want to vacuum. Also, I like how you can wash this in the washing machine.

The middle part of the fabric is very cheap though. It is probably how they got the costs down. It looks like it is made of tissue paper. Mine had a black marker mark on it. I didn't mind so much because the part that was showing is clean. If the nicer ones were more affordable, I might consider them. Otherwise, this is suitable for aesthetics.

Work Smart Resin Multi-Purpose Center Folding Table, 6-Feet Long
Work Smart Resin Multi-Purpose Center Folding Table, 6-Feet Long
Offered by Scott's National Product Source
Price: $66.19
34 used & new from $46.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but you pay for shipping here, November 27, 2014
I like this product a lot. The only downside I have for this is Amazon is charging an extremely high price. At Costco, I found out you can get this exact same table by a different manufacturer for only $30. I know that Costco is able to give extraordinary discounts because they do sales by volume and they only upcharge 5% from the manufacturer's price. However, I am disappointed that Amazon advertised this as a sale at $68 when it was really selling for more than half that else where. I can see Amazon might want a cut for shipping and such. This is a heavy object, but I think that it should state where the money is going to.

Other than that, the table is sturdy. It is easy to assemble. Just take it out of the box. It might require two people to carry the box inside. The box is a bit heavy for one person and it has long dimensions. You just pull the legs out and flip it over to stand. We used this for thanksgiving and it worked great for holding a lot of food.

Hopkins Subzero 16511 23" Ice Hammer Snowbrush - Colors may vary
Hopkins Subzero 16511 23" Ice Hammer Snowbrush - Colors may vary
Price: $6.99
11 used & new from $5.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, November 27, 2014
First of all, this is not BLUE. It is bright orange-yellow. I know the colors may vary as the descriptor mentions this, so I am not docking a point. I am just noting to people who are considering buying this. Remember to consider all the possible colors you can get. The orange-yellow color is a bit jarring to the eyes. I wish I had gotten a different color. I wish this let you select colors.

Aside from the aesthetics, this product works really well. The plastic is very sturdy and the arm is long. I can reach 1/2 across my car windshield with this. It is very easy to crack light ice that has formed and to wipe off any snow. I love the bristles and the scraper. This has already been useful even though it has only been 2 days so far since I have received it. Immediately after I got this in the mail, it happened to snow where I am. I had no problems using this straight out of the box. It did not scratch my car. It was great at pushing away large volumes of snow. The product is great for the price. I got it for about $15 dollars or less. I would pay about that much maximum for this product.

Plants vs Zombies Pea Shooter Plush
Plants vs Zombies Pea Shooter Plush
Price: $6.71
27 used & new from $6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice but only because I am a fan of Plants vs Zombies, November 27, 2014
This is adorable. It looks just like the pea shooter pictured and also the one in Plants v Zombies. The stitching appears to be well made. The only downside is that it is REALLY small. It is about the size of a dog's small chew toy. It almost completely fits in my small hand. I like the construction though. It is extremely soft. I love the color. I would buy again. I am not sure if I would pay about $10 for it though. It doesn't appear to sing like the other Plants v Zombie plush. I squeezed it and no theme song came out. Those are about the same price but they sing! Rating 4.5

Taboo Board Game
Taboo Board Game
Offered by N & S Deals
Price: $23.86
27 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Suggested Improvements / Decent for $12 or Below, November 27, 2014
This review is from: Taboo Board Game (Toy)
The only con I have about this package is that there is a squeeze toy buzzer instead of the more expensive battery operated buzzer and there are only about 200 or so cards in this game. Therefore, you will run out of words quickly. I know that the price was good for this (sale $12). I don't know I would pay more than that for what you get. This is a fun game but it will end quickly with only a few words. They really should make it longer lasting by providing a link to a place where you can either: 1) buy more cards, 2) print your own.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20