Profile for Simone Blanc > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Simone Blanc RSS Feed (Manhattan, NY)

The Secret
The Secret
by Rhonda Byrne
Price: $13.53
2082 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the Most Significant Book of Our Time, October 14, 2010
This review is from: The Secret (Hardcover)
The Secret is about the Law of Attraction. In the simplest terms, it's about focusing on what you want and making it a reality. It all starts with a mindset. Are you thinking positive thoughts that will help you generate ideas to accomplish your goal? Or are you letting negative thoughts dominate and stop you from moving forward? Thoughts become things - not by waving a magic wand but by focusing your energies on what you want. Too many people focus on what they don't want and then wonder why they're not getting ahead. They worry about not having enough money to pay their bills. They lay awake at night wondering how they're going to make ends meet. These thoughts are draining and don't allow for any creative juices to flow. Alternatively, other people who might be in a similar financial situation, realize that they are living today what they created in the past. Makes sense. If you have a lot of debt today, it's because you created it yesterday. In order to create a different tomorrow you have to make changes today. The Secret tells you how to define what you want and how to put a laser focus on what you want to achieve. Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, all the great figures in history did exactly this. They all believed what they wanted could be accomplished and then worked out a plan to get there.

The Secret discusses the importance of affirmations and visualizations. Affirming to yourself that you can have what you want and having images that reinforce this, is powerful and effective. Advertisers do this all the time. When they're selling a gym membership, they show you the end result - someone in great shape. Research has shown that seeing images of what you want is a key motivator in getting it.

Jack Canfield, author of the popular "Chicken Soup for the Soul" series, contributed to The Secret. He credits the Law of Attraction for his success. He wanted to be a successful author and started focusing on that. His first financial goal was to make $100,000. At the time, he was barely making $10,000. That was a huge gap to fill but he didn't focus on that. What he did was focus on what he needed to do to make that money and become a best selling author. Before he knew it, things started to fall in place, which he credits to the Law of Attraction. At the end of that year, he had made $92,000. A few years later, his publisher wrote him a check for $1 Million.

The Secret has changed my life. I was struggling financially and thought I had tried everything. The book landed in my hands and I read it all the first night. I made up my mind that I would incorporate all the teachings in the book and not stop until I reached my financial goal. I reached my goal on February 9, 2010 - almost a year to the day that I started reading the book. It put into motion everything that I achieved. The Secret got me into the right mindset and I used it in conjunction with "Goal Your 30 Day Game Plan" - which was also a gift. Goal!: Your 30-Day Game Plan for Business and Career SuccessGoal uses affirmations, visualizations, and the Law of Attraction as well. And the CEO of Clorox endorsed it as one of the best books on goal achievement. These two were a powerful combination and I hope that it brings you all the success and ultimate peace of mind it has brought me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2011 9:53 AM PST