Profile for R. Wolfinger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Wolfinger RSS Feed (Manassas, VA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $64.99
134 used & new from $39.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Approved by Comcast and works as advertised, March 28, 2015
My old D-link modem was "end of life" technology causing multiple issues with my Comcast internet connection including painfully slow connections at times and many failure to connect notices. This SB1621 is on the Xfinity list of approved modems and I found a very good price on Amazon making it a better alternative to "renting" one from Comcast. I know some purchasers have had problems installing and had to get Comcast technicians involved. I guess Comcast has cleaned up its act because this unit went in strictly as advertised "plug and play". After connecting the cable, Ethernet connection from my router and power, I let it cycle a few minutes then tried to connect to the internet. I received the new connection screen from Comcast and the only info I needed was my account number and phone number. Once I entered those Comcast did their thing and I was up and working in about 10 minutes. Never had to talk to a technician or customer rep or provide and other information. Huge increase in speed on all my devices including those connecting wirelessly through the router. So, for ease of installation, performance and price I have to give 5 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2015 4:11 PM PDT

Activa Naturals Prostate Health Supplement with Saw Palmetto & Pumpkin Seed for Prostate and Urinary Health - 90 Capsules
Offered by Activa Naturals
Price: $31.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel like I lost 10 years, May 16, 2014
For the last 10 years I've been experiencing increasing symptoms of an enlarging prostate. This includes more frequent urination, slower flow, and incomplete emptying of the bladder. I'll only use all natural formulas and I'm dead set against the products the big drugs put out with side effects worse than the symptoms your are trying to relieve. I've tried many different natural products and blends including saw palmetto, lycopene, selenium and other products that supposedly will improve prostate health. I experienced some very moderate improvement from some of these but as the symptoms got worse I began to search for more effective products. This led me to beta-sitosterol, which is a naturally occurring substance, as being more effective than other products. This prostate formula includes that as well as many other natural substances which are touted to provide relief. And I am very happy to say that since I started on this product two months ago I have seen tremendous relief. My nighttime wakeups to visit the bathroom have gone from 3 or more to 1 or none. I am experiencing much better and faster emptying of the bladder and don't feel like I have to still go when I'm done. I can't say it will work for everyone but it sure beats everything else I've tried. I'm sold on this product and I'll continue to use it.

Shower Chair with Backrest and Armrest
Shower Chair with Backrest and Armrest
Offered by Wes Care Supply, Inc.
Price: $57.99
4 used & new from $57.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product-excellent vendor support!, February 18, 2014
With an upcoming full knee replacement surgery I needed a good shower chair for my recovery process. This one looked good and was reasonably priced and had good reviews. Ordered it and received it very quickly. First let me say I am very happy with the product and with the vendor:

Product: Materials appear to be very good. Metal parts are all aluminum so they won't corrode, screws are stainless, so they won't rust. They seat is plastic but has drain holes for water. The seat is supported pretty well, not on the edges but in "X" underneath by the leg bars. This is much stronger support for the plastic than just mounting the seat on bars at the sides. I really like the adjust-ability of height too. Because of the height adjustment I find can use it for dressing too because it is higher than other chairs I have. The chair is rated at 300 lbs so it is more than sufficient for my 200 lb body.

Vendor: During the assembly process I discovered that the 2 holes (on each side) in the chair back and the holes in the support bars for mounting to the chair back did not line up correctly. There was almost 1" difference. This would allow only one mounting screw per side as opposed to the 2 screws in the design. The only information I had regarding missing parts, etc was an e-mail address at Wes Enterprises. I sent off an e-mail message with a description of the problem. I actually received a phone call from Kevin at Wes Enterprises the very next day. Kevin was concerned about the problem and wanted to make it right. When he found I needed it for recovery from knee replacement he wanted to make sure I had the replacement parts in time. He went out of his way to find and ship the parts to me before I actually needed them. Everything arrived in time. That's customer service you don't see very often these days. Thank you Wes Enterprises!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our tablets tablet, January 12, 2014
I bought two of these for the Samsung Tab 2 7.5" tablets my wife and I have and they are perfect for these tablets. The main compartment is just the right size and the neoprene protects the tablet very well. The zippered pocket on the front has plenty of room for the A/C charging cord and a 12v charging cord for our car. It also holds a few more items like styluses, etc. These are exactly what we needed. Highly recommended.

Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle
Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle
Offered by Gatesresale
Price: $169.99
27 used & new from $128.45

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, I like it!, January 12, 2014
Needed a stationary bike for rehabbing a knee after surgery. Shopped round and saw lots of units and many much higher in price than this. Base on other reviews this sounded like a decent piece of equipment and at a very good price. I am impressed with it. it seems solidly built, was reasonably easy to assemble, operates smoothly, has variable resistance and basic electronics. That all I needed. And i got all that for a bargain price.

Belkin Tunecast FM Transmitter for Apple iPod, iPhone 3, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S
Price: $24.72
17 used & new from $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Its On Its way back!, January 12, 2014
Thought this would be a great solution to allow me to play music from my Ipod Classic through my old car radio. Not so! Could rarely get stations that would give me a good signal from this device. Always had interference. When I would get decent signal it wouldn't last very long and I'd have to change which creates a real issue with distracted driving. The other issue is that I really couldn't get an acceptable volume level with out cranking the radio volume all the way up. But then this creates a lot of distortion. I have a portable XM Radion receiver that plays through FM bands too and I have never had any of these problems with it. For the price its not worth it. So, thank you Amazon, its on its way back to you!

Scotch Rocks: Large Ice Cube Trays, Set of 2 Ice Trays, Which Produce 2" Ice Cubes
Offered by Scotch Rocks
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and great value, October 17, 2013
I was tired of the ice melting and diluting my bourbon. These offer a huge improvement. Just put one of these large cubes in your glass, add your favorite bourbon or scotch or whatever and enjoy. These melt much slower than regular ice cubes and won't dilute your drink as fast. The silicon is very flexible and cubes are easily removed. Price for two 8 cube trays was a bargain. Less than twice the price of others offering one 6 cube tray.

Carson® 5x MiniBrite LED Lighted Slide-Out Aspheric Magnifier with Protective Sleeve (PO-55)
Price: $9.39
32 used & new from $7.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Dad loves it, October 16, 2013
Bought this for my 92 year old dad who is having difficulty reading things due to macular degeneration. He has tried other reading aids which help but really didn't provide enough magnification. This doesn't cover a large area but with the aspheric lens, 5x mag and the led light it does allows him to read things he couldn't before. He just loves it! 5 stars from him.

Weber 516501 Q 120 Portable 189-Square-Inch 8500-BTU Liquid-Propane Gas Grill (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What What I Needed, April 5, 2013
I've been a fan of Weber grills for years and I have a huge Weber Summit Gold 6 burner propane grill that is just awesome. But, I've been looking for something smaller and portable to use so I don't have to fire up the big grill all the time for just the Mrs. and me. Enter the Weber Q120. I was introduced to this by my brother-in-law who used it extensively while we were traveling through Canada in his motor home. So, I recently acquired one for our use. I have to say I am very impressed. It cooks very well, heats up quickly, doesn't use a lot of fuel, operates on either the small propane tanks, or the large 20 lb tanks (with a converter hose). I've used it 4 times using a small tank and it has not run out yet. It's a great set up for our deck coupled with the 6549 Weber Q Rolling cart and the 6552 Weber Q Premium Grill Cover. Its also portable, so we can take it on our adventures and we just need a small tank or 2. However, as with everything it does have a few limitations, so here are my Pros and Cons:

Pros
1.Great size for two. Could handle as much as 4 depending on what you are cooking.
2.Heats quickly.
3.Uses little fuel.
4.Easy to clean
5.Cooks very well. Easy controls and temperature gauge help in this.
6.Flip out tables and hooks for holding utensils.
7.Portable.
8.Small size and cart make it easy to roll it right up to the table or keep it right by the door to the house if the weather is cool.

Cons (Or let's just say its limitations!)
1.Not suitable for a crowd.
2.Cannot do indirect cooking. I use the big grill for this.
3.No rotisserie available. Too small anyhow.
4.Not really usable for smoke cooking. I use the big grill for this too.
5.No way to gauge how much fuel is left in the small tanks. Always keep a spare available if you use these.

This has been a very good purchase as I am very pleased with this grill and I remain a big fan of Weber Grills.

Case Logic DCB-302 Compact  Case for Camera - Black
Case Logic DCB-302 Compact Case for Camera - Black
Price: $9.78
63 used & new from $4.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Panasonic ZS 20, July 20, 2012
This is a great little case in which my new Panasonic DMC ZS20 fits perfectly. Not too snug and not too loose. Dimensions of this camera are 4 1/8 L x 2 3/8 H x 1 1/8 D. So, if you have a similar sized camera yours should fit in this case with no problem. The case is well made and well padded and has good strong zippers. The front pocket easily holds two spare BCG 10 Li-ion batteries and a spare memory card in its plastic holder. It has a belt loop holder too which I will use most of the time. The only thing I would have done differently is to make the belt loop holder with a velcro closure so you could add it or remove it from your belt without taking your belt off. It also has an adjustable detachable shoulder strap. Its exactly what I was looking for in a case for this great little camera.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3