Profile for Meddows > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Meddows RSS Feed (Reality, USA)

Victorinox Swiss Army Tinker and Classic Knife Combo
Victorinox Swiss Army Tinker and Classic Knife Combo
Price: $24.17
18 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Tinker is almost perfect for daily use, November 15, 2009
My first Tinker model was a black one-- brought to me from Switzerland in the 80s. I used it for years before finding a red version in the US-- at a Surplus store. I have other models, but the Tinker is the only one I carry on a daily basis. I use it, every single day. It has no attachments that I don't need (scissors, corkscrews etc are nice, but I don't *need* them) and its small enough that I don't feel like I have a brick in my pocket. Tweezers are great for picking up tiny lost objects or splinter removal, and the leather punch is a great awl. The only difference between my Swiss version and the "American" (both Victorinox) is that the Swiss one has a Philips head driver with a horizontal "slot" gap in the tip. That allows it to pinch into a smaller head, while the non slotted one is a fixed size for only larger screw heads. I when I found I could get the Tinker in the US so easily, I put the original in my locked box so I don't lose it. Its a super knife, and I am the hero at the office, at parties (I can open the most complicated packaging easily) and anywhere I fine a loose screw, dull pencil or use for a toothpick (which you can buy in replacement packs). I'd give it 5 Stars-- if this version had the slotted Philips head like my import. I own three in all-- black, red and engraved clear blue. [...]has 4 colors & can do the engraved ones, but they're a few $$ higher.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2011 4:04 PM PDT

JVC HAFX66R Air Cushion Headphones (Red) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
JVC HAFX66R Air Cushion Headphones (Red) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pair of compact headphones for under $100, April 4, 2009
I am on my 2nd pair. The first ones have survived being washed, heavy workouts and landscaping, and a couple of laundry cycles. I got the first ones at a now bankrupt box store, and they quickly replaced all others I used. The only reason I have new ones is they eventually were crushed between a boot and concrete, though they still work great after gluing the earbud assembly back together. When I found another pair online, I grabbed them as a spare-- and I don't want to ever not have them. The greatest feature is how tight they seal inside the ear. The material is soft, and makes a tight seal. This helps block out environmental noise. I can mow and only hear the music. There is a good amount of bass, and balanced highs. They come in a plastic case, which is nice though I never use it. The only ones I have used that are better were not close to this price range. You can get custom fit ones, or some nice ones made by a four letter company, but they exceed $100. With my active needs, I don't need anything that can't take a beating.