Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Houston, TX United States)

Sony KDL-70R550A 70-Inch 120Hz 1080p 3D Internet LED HDTV (Black) (2013 Model)
Sony KDL-70R550A 70-Inch 120Hz 1080p 3D Internet LED HDTV (Black) (2013 Model)
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving It In 3 Dimensions, April 8, 2014
My wife and I are loving this TV. I can't speak to all of its features or even the remote, because we control everything through our Blu-ray player and with a Harmony universal remote, but the quality of the picture is outstanding. I'm not techie enough to get into a detailed discussion of black levels and such, but the blacks on this one look great. Also, even though we have a good amount of outside light coming into the room, the TV's brightness is such that we don't have a problem with the ambient light compromising the picture.

The 3D quality is as good as any I've seen, with the possible exception of active 3D Imax. Certainly it's as good as I would have expected or hoped for in a home setting, and as far as I'm concerned, is very comparable to the 3D we experience at theaters these days.

High marks to the vendor, as well. They were extremely responsive when I had some questions regarding the delivery logistics.

Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Sound (Black)
Polk Audio F/X Wireless Surround Sound (Black)
Offered by SpddyS LLC
Price: $319.99
7 used & new from $179.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm Happy, November 9, 2012
After going through the reviews for this, and noting the dates when they were written, I speculated that the issues being reported regarding pops and such may have since been resolved, based on the instances where customers stated that after notifying Polk, they received replacement units that didn't manifest the problems. Unless it's just a question of the occasional defective unit, I appear to have been correct in this assessment. I've had mine hooked up and operating for a couple of days, and so far no problems whatsoever, including any annoying pops or other sounds.

This has saved us a lot of money, as the layout of our new home is such that we could not run floor wiring to any surround speakers without it being unsightly, and we're not quite ready to go the in-ceiling route. Based on my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this item. It also arrived promptly after I ordered it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2013 2:34 PM PDT

Any Given Sunday
Any Given Sunday
DVD ~ Al Pacino
Offered by Cookeville Books and More
Price: $9.95
296 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Put away the sharp objects, August 16, 2000
This review is from: Any Given Sunday (DVD)
... a very technically gifted filmmaker, and this movie is typical of the intensity his work is known for. To say that I enjoyed it wouldn't be quite right, because it's hard to say you enjoy something so reeking with cynicism, but it was nice to see a first-rate cast (and fun football cameos) go through their paces. I didn't see the film in the theater, so I don't know the entirety of what the "Director's Cut" added, but one omission is pretty obvious. It involves an extreme on-field injury that was most likely cut because of making the audience laugh at it's raw outrageousness. Keep an eye out for it.

Dracula (Universal Studios Classic Monster Collection)
Dracula (Universal Studios Classic Monster Collection)
DVD ~ Bela Lugosi
Offered by Brand New Rarities
Price: $9.27
81 used & new from $2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars The coolest DVD on the planet, April 13, 2000
The Lugosi version of Dracula is not the best or scariest version of the tale, nor is it a particular favorite of mine. In fact, up until now I've never felt compelled to have it in my collection. However, the multiple versions of the film and other supplemental material contained on this DVD make it a DVD that's simply too cool not to own.