Profile for Page Turner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Page Turner RSS Feed (Northern CA United States)

American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza
American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza
by Peter Reinhart
Price: $18.97
63 used & new from $11.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the content but hate the print job, April 26, 2013
At the recommendation of a friend that is a great pizza maker, I bought this book. While I love the content; the writer's experiences while traveling, the recipes and suggestions - I found it really difficult to read. My book's pages are really dark and the print and photography (all b&w) is very blurry and not appealing it all. It's one of those books that I'll have to leave the finished product up to my imagination. It's difficult to follow a recipe when it's hard to read the pages. Maybe I just got a bad copy but it's certainly not one of the "prettiest" cookbooks I own. That said, his stories and techniques are great and I will most likely buy more of his books.

Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It!
by Kris Carr
Price: $14.10
141 used & new from $6.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Jump in! The water is a little green but divine!, January 26, 2011
Imagine living what you thought was a `healthy' lifestyle and then getting the wind quite literally knocked out of your sails with the diagnosis of a rare and potentially fatal disease? Don't think it can happen to you? Think again. It happened to Kris Carr. And it happened to me. If it wasn't for Kris Carr coming to my rescue, I think I would have drowned in my own sorrow. She quite literally made me see the "light" and I was able to swim to the top again. Don't wait until you receive some bad news - there are things you can do NOW to empower yourself and feel better than you've ever felt before but it's going to take some re-education away from the SAD (Standard American Diet) way of life. Just know this - there ARE foods you can eat to improve the chemistry of your body. There ARE practices you can develop to rev up your spiritual mojo. There ARE ways to learn and embrace a "new normal" and in the process make every day you have left breathing and loving on this planet more extraordinary than you could ever imagine. Kris has done the legwork for you. This is not just a book about a food diet, it's a life diet. It's recipes for all your needs, not just food on the table. Although it's a lot of information, you don't have to jump all the way in. But just try...stick a toe in and then go a little deeper every day. Take what you need and what will work for you and then try a little more of her sage advice. I promise you'll come away with some nugget of wisdom that you haven't been offered anywhere before. Kris has helped me develop a lifestyle and practice that works for me and I will always be grateful because despite being given my `expiration' date, too, I feel better than I've felt in years and I'm smiling and laughing again. A lot. I'm truly living now and know the time I have left will be filled with more spirit and joy than I could have imagined a year ago!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2011 5:01 PM PST

American Jane's Quilts for all Seasons: ...and Some for No Reason
American Jane's Quilts for all Seasons: ...and Some for No Reason
by Sandy Klop
Price: $20.46
54 used & new from $12.81

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quilter's Gem, November 16, 2008
I've been a fan of Sandy Klop and her quilting patterns for years and this new book is a gem. I've had the pleasure of taking quilting classes from her and always learn so much. Her teaching methods along with her kindness, patience and enthusiasm for quilting are reflected in these pages. The quilts are not only delightful but each offers great tips and tricks that any quilter can benefit from (like her tip for making pieced diamonds - Sandy makes it simple!). The patterns are great for stash busting or any variety of color ways. It only touches the surface of the many quilts she has available at[...] and truly reflects her fresh style of traditional quilt making. These are quilts that just make you want to smile. I can't wait to start my next one!