Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Heidi Tandy > Reviews

Browse

Heidi Tandy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Heidi Tandy "Heidi8" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Lafayette in the Somewhat United States
Lafayette in the Somewhat United States
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible history, November 12, 2015
The story of America then, told with links to America - and France - now, with philosophy, cuisine, fashion, adulation and genealogy interspersed with battles, trenches, Laurens, Hamilton and Washington.

Alexander Hamilton
Alexander Hamilton
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Of course you must read it, October 13, 2015
Whether before you've seen or listened to a recording of the American musical inspired by the story of our Caribbean-born founding father, or after, Chernow will give you important insights into the people who created the USA, and gave it strength.

Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording) [Explicit]
Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording) [Explicit]
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Who tells your story?, October 9, 2015
Even if you can't be in the room where it happens (aka the Richard Rodgers theater) every single night* you can listen to 99% of what's said on stage because of this brilliant, perfect album. After two or three listens, you probably should pull up the lyrics on Atlantic's website, or go to Rap Genius for the annotations - or wait for Lin-Manuel's book about the musical in the Spring of 2016 - so you know exactly what Hamilton is saying in, say, Farmer Refuted - and then go find the actual Farmer Refuted pamphlet and spiral into an amazing world of archives of the writings, drawings (Laurens' turtles! Hamilton's unicorn!) and ephemera left behind by the fascinating Founders (including, say, Angelica and Jefferson's letters, or tales of people who didn't make it into the musical, like Talleyrand, Von Steuben and Ben Franklin).

* and nobody can as the show is dark on Mondays

kate spade new york Flatiron Nylon Loretta Shoulder Bag,Black,One Size
kate spade new york Flatiron Nylon Loretta Shoulder Bag,Black,One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Modernized classic, September 5, 2013
I still have my first Kate Spade bag - a black, nylon tote from 1996 which I got as a Honeymoon present from my sister and bridesmaids. I love it, and still carry it (with a recently replaced zipper) to this day - but I am thrilled to replace it for regular use, with this Flatiron Loretta (and yes, I got the black and the pink ones). It fits everything - including a tablet and all my daily necessities. If there's anything that would get me away from a wristlet or a laptop bag, this tote is it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2013 6:38 PM PST

Scholastic Reader Level 2: Twin Magic #1: Lost Tooth Rescue!
Scholastic Reader Level 2: Twin Magic #1: Lost Tooth Rescue!
by Kate Ledger
60 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for reluctant readers, February 12, 2013
My daughter is not an avid reader (she's seven years old) but she loved this book! She read it to herself, and brought it to school to share with her friends. I wish there were more in this series - she'll be too advanced for the next one by August.

The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers Book 4: Shatterproof
The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers Book 4: Shatterproof
Offered by Scholastic Trade Publisher
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome, September 3, 2012
hsgege jtueue jet tjee ejd js je ie jw jj jseg jeegiii jdgjrjgrjrjrjdje x ri ut jg hh i g

Here Comes Science
Here Comes Science
Price: $9.82
122 used & new from $3.90

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids are enthralled, September 28, 2009
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
My six year old hasn't (willingly) stopped listening to - or watching - his favorite videos from the collection all weekend. He's Met the Elements, looked for Roy G. Biv, and learned the difference between a giant ball of gas and a miasma of incandescent plasma.

Or, no, I phrased it wrong. He's stopped watching so we could go onto various websites to learn more about the color spectrum, the temperature of the sun, what happened to Pluto's designation, and more. And I'm having a terrific time watching him learn about the basics of scientific theories, concepts and best of all, facts.

Rio Riot 20 GB MP3 Player (MP3/WMA)
Rio Riot 20 GB MP3 Player (MP3/WMA)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, May 31, 2002
Back in 1979, my father brought home a blue and silvery device that played cassette tapes. It was called a walkman, and at most, it would play 90 minutes of music. It was bulky, chunky and altogether wonderful.
Now, on my desk, I have about 30 hours of music (and more will be loaded tonight) in a device that is smaller, lighter and sleeker than that original Walkman. It plays the songs I love in a randomized way - just like having my own radio station that knows exactly what I like. It's easy to load, easy to play and easy to carry. I am, in general, thrilled.

Archos Jukebox Studio 20 GB MP3 Player/Hard Drive 500204
Archos Jukebox Studio 20 GB MP3 Player/Hard Drive 500204

2.0 out of 5 stars Once I get it installed..., February 2, 2002
Who knows what I'll think of it. But I can't install it at all now, because I have WinXP and because I am trying to install it on a laptop that has no floppy. It won't, for some reason, let me install the drivers off my ZIO - perhaps because I have only one USB port on the laptop and it won't "see" both the ZIO and te Archos at the same time. I'm not completely sure, but due to the driver problem, and the fact that XP won't install the drivers that came on the CDRom because they're not "signed", I have a nice, expensive, plastic paperweight right now, when I want to be listening to music.
Piffle.

Bridget Jones's Diary
Bridget Jones's Diary
by Helen Fielding
Price: $10.07
436 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Miss Elizabeth Bennet would never..., May 15, 2001
This review is from: Bridget Jones's Diary (Paperback)
Embarass herself the way Bridget Jones does. If you read it as a good story that has various homages to Pride & Prejudice contained in it, then it's fine, great, a plesant thing to read on the beach or on a plane (which is where I read it the first time). But if you read it for a full-fathom retelling of Austen's P&P, you won't get it. Clueless is closer to Emma, Cruel Intentions closer to Les Liasons Dangerous, but while BJD may be inspired by P&P, it's not close to it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4