Profile for Juror #6 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 121

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Juror #6 RSS Feed (So Cal)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dove Men+Care Spray Gel, Control & Medium Hold Thickening 6.7 oz
Dove Men+Care Spray Gel, Control & Medium Hold Thickening 6.7 oz
Offered by 71,377 SoLutionS Inc.
Price: $14.77
8 used & new from $6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle control without being overdone, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice subtle men's hairspray. It keeps my hair in place without making it look or feel crispy or overdone. There isn't much fragrance either, which is nice.

I was surprised by the size of the bottle. For some reason it looked smaller in the product photo, but it's actually a decent sized container. The top is a spray pump. I like this. I'd rather spray it manually than have any kind of propellant. For some reason the propellant sprays seem to make a cloud in the bathroom and make me cough and leave a residue all over the place. This spray pump squirts all the product onto my head and not all over my clothes, sink, or floor.

I live in L.A. and the temps are high these days (about 106* every day after work). It was 78* when I left for work at five this morning. My point is that this spray doesn't leave a yucky layer in the heat. I sweat a lot and sometimes hair products reconstitute into runny goo when my head is hot (sexy stuff, right?). I haven't had that problem with this spray though.

Good stuff.

Apple Watch Case, Poweradd™ [All Around Protection] Apple Watch Case Paper-thin Premium Flexible Softness Impact Protection Case for Apple Watch (2015 Release) - Clear (38mm)
Offered by PoweraddDirect
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice protection, June 30, 2015
This is a nice case for the Apple Watch. It's a soft transparent plastic unit (all in one) that slips over your watch to protect the sides against impact. There's a circular cutout in the back to make it less bulky and to allow the watch's haptic feedback to contact your skin without any interference. On the right side (unless you are a lefty and flip the watch) is a cutout hole for the watch's crown and a raised region for the button. On the left are two holes for the speaker and the mic (I think). The front is exposed and doesn't cover the face. There are also slots on the top and bottom edges for the band.

They did a good job designing this to fit the watch and the build quality is good.

I was provided this item for review.

[Apple MFi Certified] Foxnovo® 2.6ft 2-in-1 Lightning & Micro USB Cable, Sync Data & Cable Charging Cord for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus 4 5 7 10, HTC, Nokia and Other Android Phones Tablets (Green)
Offered by Foxnovo Store
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative Cable, June 28, 2015
I got a cable like this earlier in the year from Belkin. It was my favorite cable, but someone from work "borrowed" it and I never got it back. For $38 it was too expensive to replace. I love this one just as much. I love the functionality of the convertable tip that I can use to charge either my iPhone or my tablet (or any other device that uses micro USB).

The connectors are sturdy and secure. The cable itself is a rubberized ribbon, so it looks like it won't wear out as quickly as some of my other off-brand cables have.

This cable is my new favorite.

I was provided this item for review.

Foxnovo® FP10 10400mAh Lithium Polymer Ultra-thin Aluminum Alloy Dual-Port Backup External Battery Chargers Power Bank Charger for iPhone 6, 5S 5, 4S 4, iPod, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 4 3 2, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note 4 Note 3 Tab 2, Sony, HTC, Blackberry and Most USB Devices (Silver)
Offered by Foxnovo Store
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Charger and Cable, June 28, 2015
I love portable charger packs. I've been stuck on jury duty lately and it's been a lifesaver to be able to keep my iPhone and tablet charged with this charger. I love the form factor, the capacity, and the cable they included.

This charger is very compact for its capacity. At 10,400 mAh, I've never seen a charger so small. Most charger packs over 10,000 mAh are larger than this one.

This pack also comes with an incredible cable. It looks like a multi-headed hydra monster with a standard USB connection on one end (to connect to the charger) and four different connectors on the other end:

* Apple lightning for newer iPhones and iPads
* Standard Apple for older iPhones, etc.
* Micro USB
* USB 3 (I've never seen this included with a charger before)

Great charger and innovative design.

I was provided this item for review.

DII Halloween Lace Table Runner for Halloween Parties, Décor, Dinners, 18 by 72-Inch, Black
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun table runner, June 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The product photos of this table runner didn't look that great, but it's actually quite nice. It's thicker than I expected and it drapes across our dining room table nicely. The black material has a nice texture and a good variety to it. Nicely done!

BRAVEN BRV-Pro Wireless HD Bluetooth Speaker - Silver/Black/Cyan
BRAVEN BRV-Pro Wireless HD Bluetooth Speaker - Silver/Black/Cyan
Offered by BRAVEN
Price: $149.99
2 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Speaker, June 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love portable Bluetooth speakers. There are good ones, bad ones, and GREAT ones. This is one of the great ones. This is the only other BT speaker that I would put in the same category as my favorite one, the ECOXGEAR ECOXBT Rugged and Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker.

This Braven speaker was simple to pair with my iPhone and it re-pairs reliably. The sound quality is astounding for such a small device. From looking at the product image I thought this would be bigger, but it's only about the size of...hmmm...the only thing I can think to compare it to is a one-pound bag of coffee with about the first quarter of the coffee consumed already. It's compact but dense and rugged.

First I have to get something off my chest about "rugged". Usually when I see something that is "rugged" or even worse "ruggedized" I quickly think: "he's overcompensating for something". Picture the Hummer SUV with huge chrome bumpers and rails all the way around and a winch and an oversized jack on the spare that will never be used by that guy. That's what I think of when a product is "rugged". But this speaker isn't *quite* that overdone. There are 1/4 inch rubber bumpers on three sides and smaller rubber grip feet on the bottom. There's also a thick metallic plate on the top that looks like it could take a punch. I don't know how they decided that you'd probably only ever impact this thing on four of its six sides, but I don't claim to be an engineer either.

Back to the sound. The quality, volume, and frequency range from the speaker are incredible. Despite its size, it fills any of the rooms in my house with nice rich sound. The bass is strong enough for a portable speaker and the mid and upper frequencies are very clear. This probably sounds like a fish tale, but my dog literally woke up and came over to see what I was doing when I first turned this on. She gave me that sideways look like the old RCA/Victrola commercial.

I'm very happy with the sound and the functionality of this speaker. The claims of "waterproof" seem to be legit too. Like the ECOXGEAR speaker I mentioned above, this one does well with me in the shower. I like to put on a podcast in the morning while I brush my teeth and shave. It's nice to drag the speaker in the shower with me instead of turning up the volume. This one didn't explode, so it seems to be waterproof too.

One beef (besides the "rugged" thing) is with the companion app. The companion app from the iTunes store is a complete waste. It's the first time I've ever uninstalled a new app in less than 15 seconds from launch. All it is is a catalog of accessories for the speaker. What a waste of space on my phone, a shopping app that only features a half dozen products. That's what Jeff Bezos invented Amazon for.

Anyway, the speaker is fantastic, and in spite of the whole "rugged" thing, I think I can enjoy it without looking like a complete tool.

(DISCLAIMER: I wrote this review before the official product launch and without any pricing info. Definitely compare this item to the ECOXGEAR unit, because they seem 100% comparable to me. If this one turns out to cost twice as much, then by all means go with the other one.)

Phantom Aquatics Snorkel Set
Phantom Aquatics Snorkel Set
Offered by Prime Scuba
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for snorkling, June 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a good set for casual snorklers. The mask fits well and makes a good seal. The snorkel fits my mouth well and does its job.

I have a big nose, so it took me a little time to adjust the mask just right, but that's a problem with ALL masks. It fits fine now and I'm able to equalize my ears if I dive down deep.

This is the perfect set to take on vacation if you plan to do some recreational snorkling. Have fun!

Grillight 1300813 Stainless Steel LED Grilling Tongs
Grillight 1300813 Stainless Steel LED Grilling Tongs
Price: $24.15
14 used & new from $23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Illuminating, June 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
87% of my grilling is done in the dark. Or maybe it's 88%, I forget. Anyway, I usually need a light source so I can see what's up. Flashlights are my least favorite source though. Patio overhead lights are good, but the timer seems to be out of adjustment most of the time and I forget to go turn it on manually. I like wearing a headlamp, but they look goofy on anyone who isn't a coal miner. So these tongs are fun. They have a nice LED light build into the crotch of the handle. Awesome.

I don't like the feel of these tongs in my hand as much as I like other tongs. The bulk of the light makes them feel unnatural and the rolled metal around the lamp has kind of dangerous sharp edges. I got used to the feel pretty quickly though and figured out the safest way to grip them.

I like the position of the light switch. It's easy to turn the LED on and off.

All in all, these are pretty well built and I'm happy with the practical design.

King Will 8MM Men's Tungsten Ring Wedding Band with Flat Top and Channel Set CZ Stone Inlay Any Sizes
Offered by Brandline
Price: $219.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous wedding band, June 18, 2015
It's impossible to overstate how much I love these King Will rings. First a disclaimer: they sent me this ring to evaluate and review and they've sent me probably about ten rings by now. You would think that having received so many of them that I would be blasé about any one of these rings, but it has actually been just the opposite. I can't believe how much I appreciate these and how special each one is.

I love the unique design of this ring. The tungsten is polished to a high gloss and the dual inlay bands are subtle but gorgeous. The think dark inlay really makes the band of CZ stones pop out at you. The stones are small enough to not be too flashy but not small enough to look cheesy. It's a great combination and the effect is very classy. The finished effect is great whether you're going for a formal or casual look.

A weird fun-fact about me: about seven months ago I was working on my RV and electrocuted myself on one of the twelve volt batteries (while it was charging). The shock was big enough to blow some of the diamonds out of my 26 year old wedding band and my finger was badly burned. It took a long time to heal and I assumed I would never wear a ring again. It's still tender, plus everyone and his brother has told me his stories about getting shocked or catching his ring on something and getting hurt. I really didn't want to wear a ring again, but I felt bad not wearing the symbol of my happily committed marriage.

So about two months ago the kind folks at King Will asked me if I would try one of their rings. I hesitated to wear a ring again, but figured I'd give it a try. Oh my gosh, I wish I had found these rings years ago. Their rings are so much more comfortable than my old gold band. The inside edge that rides against your finger has a rolled bevel to it, so you don't have a flat edge on your skin and there isn't anything sharp to wear into a callous. It feels fantastic.

As important as the feel though is the look. This ring looks incredible. If you handed it to me and told me to guess the price, I'd laugh when I found out that I was at least a hundred over the actual price. I can't believe how affordable their rings are. And for these low prices I would expect them to drop the item in an envelope and spit on it before they dropped it in the mail. But no, it comes with a tag showing the size, then it goes in a cute little Ziploc bag, then it fits in a handsome jewelry box with a nice info card, and then Amazon does whatever they do to make sure the item doesn't get beat up in the mail. How can they provide such white glove treatment for such a low price?

King Will's product quality and service have been amazing. Maybe it could have been a fluke if I only had one of their rings, but now I can attest that there hasn't been one single disappointment.

And please take my advice to always invest the few seconds that it takes to remove all jewelry and watches before you grab a wrench. Bad things can happen when you forget about safety.

King Will 8mm Mens Womens Tungstern Carbide Ring Multiple Diagonal Groove Cut Slatted Polish Wedding Band
Offered by Brandline
Price: $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very classy look, June 18, 2015

I love the unique design of this ring. The brushed center of the tungsten carbide band makes a nice detail and the grooved cuts expose the shine of the material and make a nice wink when the light catches your hand just right. Some of their other rings are a little more flashy. I like this one though because it's subtle and not overdone. It's a little dressier and more formal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20