Profile for Dave Edmiston > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 101

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dave Edmiston RSS Feed (So Cal)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Belkin HDMI to HDMI Cable for FireTV and other HDMI-Enabled Devices (6 Feet / 1.8 Meters)
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy HDMI cable, September 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable cables for a few years now. They're great cables and they cost about half the price of this Belkin cable, but they are about half as sturdy too. This cable is thicker and the ends feel a little more robust.

I love buying less expensive cables like these. Nothing is more frustrating than being overcharged for a cable at a retail store. This Belkin cable is a great high-quality low-cost alternative to the overpriced cables at the local stores.

Avery Self-Laminating ID Labels, Handwrite, 0.66 x 3.375 Inches, Assorted Colors, Pack of 24 (00748)
Price: $11.25

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality and high price, September 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love Avery products and have depended on their quality over the years. These labels are no different; they meet Avery's typical high quality standards. They are easy to write on and the writing won't rub off. They're pretty expensive though. If you have a crucial project where you're willing to spend a few extra dollars, then these are worth it.

BISSELL BOLT ION XRT 2-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Vacuum, 25.2v, 1311
BISSELL BOLT ION XRT 2-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Vacuum, 25.2v, 1311
Price: $229.99

2.0 out of 5 stars $230 Dustbuster, September 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like dustbusters (or cordless handheld vacs, if you're uncomfortable using a proper brand name generically this way, like Kleenex).

Anyway, I like dustbusters and think no home is complete without one. A quick search here on Amazon for "cordless handheld vacuum" brings up pages of dustbusters in the $50 range. That seems about right to me. But if anybody in my household came through the door and called out, "Good news everyone, I just bought a $230 dustbuster" I would first reach for something to vomit in, and then I'd look for something heavy to either bludgeon myself or my family member with. I guess my compromise would be to just have a stroke and die with the horrible final vision of my family using this outrageously expensive cordless vac to clean up my ashes after the mortician is done with me. So that's it: first puke, then kill and/or be killed.

With that off my chest, what about this product? Is it a good product?

Sure it is, I guess. It's really good on my hardwood floors and the short carpet in my entry way. It's also OK at cleaning up my Australian shepherd's shed patches off our medium shag carpet, which is nice. It completely failed to function on the three rugs in my entry hall and kitchen though. The twirly brush just couldn't handle the rugs because they aren't fixed to the floor. I've never had this problem with our larger upright vac unless I accidentally get too close to the edges.

This was also really handy on our stairs, because it's lightweight and maneuverable. The stairs seem to attract lots of our Aussie's fur, so this was a nice way of tidying them up.

However, there's no way on earth I'm going to vacuum my entire home with this dustbuster on a stick. Forget it, that's what my much sturdier and much cheaper upright vac is for.

So again, please remind me what household problem we're trying to solve with this pricey gadget, because for the life of me I can't come up with a practical justification for the price.

UPDATE: Over the weekend, my wife asked me to move "that thing" out to the garage. Evidently she wasn't much of a fan either.

DIESEL PLUS PLUS by Diesel EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
DIESEL PLUS PLUS by Diesel EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Offered by Buy Wholesale Cheap
Price: $14.23
5 used & new from $12.05

2.0 out of 5 stars Yech - For teens only, September 16, 2014
My wife gave me a bottle of this for Christmas one year because it was on sale and I drive a diesel pickup. I tried to use it, but the spray nozzle broke off. I felt bad, because it was from my wife and I usually love stuff she gives me. So when I saw the low price here on Amazon, I figured I'd give it a try.

YECH!!!

This is definitely a scent for early teens.

It actually reminds me of the kind of junk they sell at the drugstore for kids shopping for Fathers Day.

There's no way I'd wear this on a normal day. I didn't want to give it to my young son either, because he'd wear too much of it and it would make me sick. So I keep this bottle in my desk drawer at work for emergencies--you know, when you detect you have a funk going on. So if you work with me and I ever smell like a twelve year old, you'll know it's a red flag.

BRAVEN 705 Wireless HD Bluetooth Speaker - Black
BRAVEN 705 Wireless HD Bluetooth Speaker - Black
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound, September 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first unboxed this speaker I was a little disappointed with the small size. For around $99 I expected a larger speaker. My opinion completely changed once I synched up and played some sound through it. This speaker is actually amazing. It has great range, with nice crisp highs and good solid lower ranges. It puts out a ton of sound for something so small. You can even link two of them together for stereo.

I have a lot of Bluetooth speakers in my home and never really get any attention from my family. This one got everyone's attention quickly and my kids both wanted to know which room it was going in and who was going to get to use it. That was a pretty good sign that they were impressed.

I'm a little worried about the "splash proof" rating. I have another speaker from Grace Digital (ECOXGEAR ECOXBT Rugged and Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black)) that I actually take in the shower with me because it's completely waterproof (and a few bucks cheaper). I wouldn't take this one in the shower though.

This is a great speaker and I'm glad to see the family playing tug-o-war with it. This is the first product from BRAVEN I've ever used. I'm eager to see what else they come up with, because this one is fantastic.

Five Star Locker Push Pin Board, 5.5 x 5.5 inches, Red (72580)
Five Star Locker Push Pin Board, 5.5 x 5.5 inches, Red (72580)
Price: $10.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I expected, September 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is nobody's fault but mine. For some reason the photo looked larger to me and I didn't quite notice the 5.5 x 5.5 dimensions in the description. The usable space is really only about 4.75 x 4.75. I suppose you don't need much more room than that for pinning things inside your locker.

On the good side though, the magnet on the back is HUGE. It's big enough to firmly hold the board and any papers you plan to pin to it.

Five Star makes quality products and this one is well made, just a little smaller than I expected.

AmazonBasics In-Ear Headphones
AmazonBasics In-Ear Headphones
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, September 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love AmazonBasics products. I've never been disappointed by them.

In this case, low price also happens to equal "cheap". These are pretty much what I'd expect for $7 earbuds. There is no bass and not much high end. If you're an audiophile, you probably aren't looking at earbuds in this price range.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, which is a perfect use for these earbuds. My son is also really hard on earbuds, so I'll probably pick up a couple of these to keep on hand for him.

Puffs Softpack Basic Facial Tissues; 1 Softpack; 132 Tissues Per Pack (Pack of 9)
Price: $18.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the car, September 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These Puffs tissues are perfect for nose-blows and light cleanups in the car. I have a pocket in my door that I cram full of fast food napkins. What a mess. A pack of these Puffs tissues is so much tidier. I put one of these in all three of our cars. My family thanked me.

These 2-ply tissues are stronger than regular Kleenexes, but they aren't so tough that they'd irritate your nose. They're just right.

AmazonBasics 4.0 Amp Dual USB Car Charger for Apple and Android Devices (High Output)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another AmazonBasics Hit!, September 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love AmazonBasics. I can't think of one case where I've been disappointed by their quality or performance--plus their prices are fantastic.

This car charger is another example of a great product from AmazonBasics.

This 12v cig lighter charger gives you two 2.1A USB ports for charging your thirstier devices, like iPads and tablets. Or if you're charging a lower rated device (like an iPhone), you get a faster charge from the high output ports.

This is one of the few chargers I own that has more than one 2.1A port. "Fight" is probably too strong a word, but much of the time my family, uh, "tussles" for position to see who gets the single 2.1A port for quickly charging their phones or charging their tablets. This charger solves that problem though, because both ports are high-capacity. No more fights or tussles or whatever you want to call them. Harmony.

Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Price: $13.10
24 used & new from $6.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and fun, September 4, 2014
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a simple dice game with cards added in. The game is easy enough to learn quickly. It isn't too difficult for preteen kids to learn or too simple to hold the attention of adults. This is a fun addition to family game nights.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20