Profile for Ed > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 195

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ed RSS Feed (San Francisco Bay Area)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pre de Provence Soap Shea Enriched Everyday 300 Gram Extra Large French Soap Bar in Beafutiful Gift Box- Pierrevert
Price: $16.99
9 used & new from $14.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious bar of soap, June 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife tried this soap and liked the scent and said that it left her skin nice and soft. The bar is at least twice the size of most normal-sized bars. The price of the bar is also much more than we'd normally spend on a bar of soap and despite its nice scent and moisturizing abilities, we probably won't be able to justify buying another bar. If the price doesn't scare you, however, it's a good bar of soap and one you might even keep in your guest bath to pamper your guests.

Belkin MIXIT 6-Inch Metallic Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c and iPod touch 5th Gen (Silver)
Offered by Titan Direct
Price: $19.29
2 used & new from $19.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable and tangle-free at a premium price tag, June 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Belkin braided lightning cable looks great and works perfectly, but is very expensive. Most lightning cables cost much more than their micro-USB counterparts in part, because of the dedicated processor built into the cable tip. However, the Belkin costs more than many other 3rd party cables.

I like the 6-inch size for use with the charging port on my alarm clock to keep my night stand neat and tidy. The 4-foot cable is great for my car so when I roll the cable up and put it away in my console, it doesn't get all tangled up the next time I need to use it. The braided cord is great for reducing tangles and adds durability, but the 6-inch cable isn’t going to get tangled, at least not to itself. I see the benefit of the braided cord on 4-foot cable, but probably isn't necessary on the short one.

Wenzel Traveler Pack, Black, 23 x 12 x 13-Inch
Wenzel Traveler Pack, Black, 23 x 12 x 13-Inch
Price: $63.58
4 used & new from $50.86

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge capacity and interesting features at an affordable price, June 18, 2015
This review is from: Wenzel Traveler Pack (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Wenzel Traveler Pack is OK if you're looking for this type of backpack. The fabric doesn't feel extremely durable, but the pack is also inexpensive. It has a huge capacity of 3,000 cubic inches for the main pack and another 600 cubic inches for the detachable daypack. It should easily fit most items for a 2-3 day trip. The organization pocket is very deep, but the zipper doesn't open very wide, which makes it hard to see inside the pocket. The "padded" laptop sleeve isn't padded on the bottom so I'd recommend using a separate laptop sleeve instead.

The Traveler Pack has a lot of pockets and some interesting features like the detachable daypack and aluminum frame. I'm not entirely sure how durable it is, but at its low price, it's not a bad place to start if you need a pack like this.

Viva Sol Premium Hook and Ring Game
Viva Sol Premium Hook and Ring Game
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and understand, but hard to play, June 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The game is simple to set up and gameplay is easy to understand. However, it's pretty difficult to actually get the ring on the hook. I mounted the target outside, because I didn't want my kids to mark up the walls when they missed. Again, mounting it was easy with the included hardware. Unfortunately, I didn't look at the recommended age for this game; it's much too difficult for my young kids. My wife lost interest after a little while too. As a family, we enjoy the bean bag tossing games a lot more, but I could see this being entertaining for older kids and those that have the patience for this type of game.

Sharpie Permanent Markers, Ultra Fine Point, 5-Pack, Assorted 2015 Colors (1919848)
Price: $12.22
3 used & new from $12.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colors for fun crafts, June 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are great. I gave them to my kids to use for their crafts and when writing on cards that normal gel or ballpoint pens have a hard time with. The colors are fun and my kids are really enjoying them.

SINGER 1304 Start Basic Everyday Free Arm Sewing Machine with ZigZag, Blind Hem Stitches and more
Price: $81.89
27 used & new from $74.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic sewing machine for beginners, June 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter expressed an interest in sewing, so I set her up with my wife's old Brother sewing machine. Unfortunately, that machine was a pain to set up and the thread came out way too easily. It was frustrating for us both since it interrupted her creativity and I was the one that had to keep rethreading it. I'm not familiar with sewing machines at all, but I knew if we didn't get something simpler for my daughter to use, she might lose her interest. Fortunately, we were able to try out the new Singer 1304 Starter Basic and it's been a better choice for my daughter so far. It doesn't have super fancy stitches or LCD displays, but it is simple to set up and operate. It's also pretty compact in size so it fits in the small area we've dedicated for her crafting. She hasn't had the time to use it extensively, but as time passes, I'll try to update this review with more of our experience with the Singer 1304.

Logitech Keys-To-Go Ultra-Portable Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad, Black (920-006701)
Offered by UniversalExports
Price: $59.99
31 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for carrying around with your iPad, June 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Logitech Keys-To-Go Bluetooth keyboard for iPad is an excellent companion device. I don't do a ton of typing on my iPad; I prefer to type up long emails when I'm in front of a computer. However, I admit that I like the idea of carrying around a BT keyboard. Unfortunately, even the ones made for travel can get heavy in a bag with your tablet and other everyday items. I've looked at keyboards with built-in cases, but those are generally bulky and expensive. After having spent a few days with the Logitech Keys-To-Go BT keyboard, I'm sold.

PROS:
- Surprisingly comfortable to type on
- Useful row of iOS shortcut keys
- Long battery life
- Water resistant fabric
- Affordable price

CONS:
- Power switch and USB port aren't water resistant

The Logitech KTG keyboard is very small in size and almost the exact same width as my iPad (4th Gen). It's so light that I barely feel it in my bag. It's super thin, but you aren't typing on a completely flat surface. There is *some* travel to the keys, which feels pretty good, surprisingly. You do have to type a little harder than you might normally, but I got used to it in no time. The soft skin cover of the keyboard makes the surface of the keyboard spill-resistant, but the power button and USB port on the side is still exposed. It seems to me that it wouldn't have taken much to move the power button to the top and made it a covered "key," then put a waterproof cover over the USB port. Having to fiddle with a cover wouldn't be that inconvenient since you'd only have to charge it every couple of months.

The Logitech Keys-To-Go Keyboard is done very well. The key layout is intelligently done with useful shortcut keys for the iPad/iPhone and is more comfortable to use than it looks. It's also priced very reasonably for a well-designed Bluetooth keyboard. The best part of the keyboard is obviously its small footprint and weight. This is the ideal keyboard for your iPad if you want to always have one on you, but not always attached to your iPad.

Wahl 79602 Elite Pro Haircutting Kit
Wahl 79602 Elite Pro Haircutting Kit
Price: $44.96
6 used & new from $42.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice clipper for home use, May 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using a Wahl clipper to shave my head for about 10 years. I bought the inexpensive MC2 model from a drug store and it has lasted all this time without any problems. I use my clipper about 8-10 times per year and only cut my own hair. I've been happy with my old Wahl, but was excited to give the "Elite Pro" model a try. For the most part, I liked it a lot.

Right away, I could tell the difference in the way the blade cut my hair using the Elite Pro. It's possible that my old clippers have a dull blade so anything with a new blade would've been quite noticeable. Still, I was impressed at how quickly the blade cut through my coarse hair. It did snag on me right above to ears on both sides, though, which was a bit unnerving. Maybe I didn't put enough oil on the blades before getting started with the new blade? I have a 4 ounce bottle of Wahl oil and was generous applying it after I finished my cut. The cord on the Elite Pro is definitely a heavy duty cord compared to the MC2 model I have. The plastic body seems durable, but doesn't seem as rugged as I'd expect an "elite pro" model to be.

The accessories that come with the Elite Pro are nice to have, but not something I'll likely ever use. The guides with the metal clips are a premium quality over the cheap plastic-only ones that my old clippers came with. The plastic case looks nice on the outside and does hold all the accessories and clipper inside, but it's not molded specifically to hold the clipper in place. Think of it as a lunchbox where you just throw everything in together.

I like the Wahl Elite Pro clippers and if you cut hair at home, they're a good set and will pay for itself in just a few cuts.

Contigo Autospout Squeeze Kids Water Bottle, 18-Ounce, Oxford Blue
Contigo Autospout Squeeze Kids Water Bottle, 18-Ounce, Oxford Blue
Price: $9.31
3 used & new from $9.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for active kids, May 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Contigo Autospout Squeeze water bottle is perfect for active kids. The spout is protected from dirt, mud, and dust and the bottle itself is easy to squeeze. The water flows freely and is easy to drink. We also have a Polar insulated water bottle for my kids, but it's harder for them to squeeze and the spout is prone to getting contaminated. It's still a good bottle for outdoor use since it keeps the water cool for a while, but for indoor sports like basketball or indoor soccer, the Contigo keeps water cool enough for the duration of the lessons/practices/games. Older kids might want a bigger bottle and kids that have multiple activities per day may prefer jugs. But if you don't need a ton of water or you can refill it easily, the Contigo Autospout Squeeze is great.

Omron Electrotherapy Max Power Relief
Omron Electrotherapy Max Power Relief
Price: $54.77

4.0 out of 5 stars No pain relief for me yet, but I'm hopeful, May 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Omron Max Power TENS unit is really cool and I can definitely feel the therapy. I don't believe it's really helped with the pain I was hoping to address with it, but I'll keep trying it out to see what types of muscle pains it works best with.

So far, I've tried it on my lower back and on my sprained wrist. I've never used a TENS unit before so it was really nerve-racking at first. The sensation was weird and tingly. I couldn't feel it at all on intensity level 1 or 2, but started to at 3. I gradually went up to 5 and have settled on that for the time being and don't know if I'll ever be able to go to the max intensity of 15! The pads are easy to apply, except if you're trying to reach your back on your own. They stay on well and store easily with the included holder. The unit itself couldn't be easier to use with only three buttons to operate it and a clear--but not backlit--LCD screen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20