Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Profile for Ed > Reviews

Browse

Ed's Profile

Customer Reviews: 594
Top Reviewer Ranking: 230

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ed RSS Feed (San Francisco Bay Area)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Graco Nautilus 65 LX 3-in-1 Harness Booster, Ayla
Graco Nautilus 65 LX 3-in-1 Harness Booster, Ayla
Price: $169.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice 3-in-1 if you really want or need the harness, August 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Graco Nautilus 65 LX is a 3-in-1 booster seat. As your child grows, you can convert it from a harnessed booster to a highback booster, then eventually to a backless booster. The previous version was a top rated pick of Consumer Reports. They have yet to test this new version, but I suspect that its rating will be practically the same.

I’m used to giant car seats from having used Britax car seats for both my children until they got big and old enough for boosters. When it was time to move to a booster, we chose the Graco Affix highback booster for its blend of size, safety, and price (we bought 4--2 for each car). Had the original Nautilus been available when I was shopping, I may have purchased that instead because of its high rating. Unfortunately, it wasn’t available due to a recall for its harness buckle.

The first thing I noticed about the new Nautilus 3-in-1 is that it is gigantic. It’s twice the weight of the Affix, which makes moving it between seats and cars just that much more of a pain. On the other hand, it feels very durable and substantial. I can’t comment too much on the harness since we chose not to use it. I removed the harness and buckle for use as a highback booster.

One of the benefits for this booster for my child is that the seating area is higher than the Affix, which lets her see out the window easier. For kids that get car sick easily, that might be helpful. The head section of the booster raises easily and stays in place, which is more than I can say about how the Affix’s head section works. The armrests on the Nautilus are bulky, but comfortable and one of them includes a cup holder. A section of the inner part of the armrests are hollowed out for storage so you can put some small items inside like an iPod Touch or small toys. The latch parts of the Nautilus are neatly stowed away when it's not being used with the harness. And when your kid is able to safely sit without the back, you can remove it and just use the seat, which will make it much more portable than with the back installed. My youngest daughter says that it's comfortable and that she likes it more than the Affix, but that could just be her liking something that’s new. She did say that because the seat is higher, it takes more effort to reach the buckle.

If you still want to use a harness for your child and they're willing to sit in the harness, the Nautilus is a great way to do that and still be able to use it with your vehicle's seat belts when it's time.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters) - White
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine and good value, especially for the 6-footer, August 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The AmazonBasics lightning cable works just like original Apple lightning cables. The ends are bigger than the Apple cables, but it's not usually a problem with most modern cases. I use a Speck case and the ends plug in without a problem. It also works fine with an Incipio case on my iPad.

The 6-foot length is also pretty useful so I can charge my phone on top of my chest of drawers, which I wasn't able to do with the relatively short Apple original cables. These are the third Apple certified cables I've used from Amazon and I've never had a problem with them and think they're a good value. If you need a lightning cable, especially the longer one at a low price, give the AmazonBasics a try.

Fulcrum 20034-101 Wireless 12-LED Porch Light, Silver
Fulcrum 20034-101 Wireless 12-LED Porch Light, Silver
Price: $33.79
17 used & new from $33.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive lighting solution and easy to install, August 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Fulcrum wireless 12-LED porch light is a lot bigger than it looks in the photos. The motion sensor is perfect so you always have light when you need it and for added security. The Fulcrum is also easy to install. It comes with wood screws (and wall anchors), which you use to install the mounting bracket. You then slide the body of the light onto the bracket and you're done. Well, you do have to first put four D batteries inside, but then you're done. It puts out a fair amount of light and the motion sensor seems to work well. The weather proofing is cool so I can actually use it outdoors and not worry about it getting damaged. Hopefully the neighborhood cats and other critters don't figure out how to use it and have late-night parties with it.

Dickies Men's Performance Lightweight 11-Inch Plaid Flex Short
Dickies Men's Performance Lightweight 11-Inch Plaid Flex Short
Price: $22.48 - $46.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and look great., August 16, 2015
These are very comfortable shorts and I think they look great. They stay cool in the hot weather and resist stains well. My only complaint is that the back pockets are a bit too large. My wallet shifts around throughout the day, sometimes making its way sideways. Aside from that, I really like the Dickies shorts and recommend them.

Belkin Sleeve for Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Purple (F7P306ttC02)
Belkin Sleeve for Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Purple (F7P306ttC02)
Offered by GlobalImportUS
Price: $17.49
7 used & new from $17.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for an HP Stream 11, August 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Belkin sleeve is nice and soft, inside and out. It's not padded very well, however. It's basically just a neoprene cover, which is nice for preventing scratches, but not for much else. The purple color looks pretty much like it does in the photos, possibly slightly darker; it's a great color. This sleeve also happens to be a perfect fit for an HP Stream 11. If you need more padding, I'd recommend looking at some sleeves by Case Logic.

Cable Matters® Micro-USB SlimPort/MyDP to HDMI Male to Female Adapter with 6 Foot USB-Charging Cable & High Speed HDMI Cable
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $17.99
7 used & new from $13.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Did NOT work with an HP Chromebook 11 or LG G3 Android phone, August 6, 2015
The Cable Matters SlimPort adapter did not work with an HP Chromebook 11 or an LG G3 Android smartphone. I used the SlimPort adapter and the included HDMI cable and connected it to a Samsung monitor via an HDMI-to-DVI adapter. It's possible that the DVI adapter caused some incompatibility. I'll have to try it on a different monitor that has an HDMI input, but so far I'm disappointed with the SlimPort adapter and at myself for waiting past the return period to test it out.

Philips SHK2000BL/27 Kids Headphones, Blue
Philips SHK2000BL/27 Kids Headphones, Blue
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent kids headphones, but nothing special, August 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Philips Kids headphones have decent sound, are comfortable to wear, and are limited to a safe noise output (85dB). Its build quality doesn't seem real high, though, and it doesn't fold up for easy storage and travel.

My kids have been using the Kidz Gear headphones for years. Back when we first bought them, there weren't a lot of kids headphones to choose from. My oldest now uses the on-ear Amazon Basic headphones, which are far less expensive than these Philips kids headphones and sound 10 times better. If your kids are old enough to self-monitor the volume on their device, the Amazon Basics are a terrific value. The Philips are expensive considering they don't offer a killer feature and seem fragile.

George Foreman GFO201RX Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Red
George Foreman GFO201RX Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Red
Price: $105.16
4 used & new from $77.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't find a good reason to use it, August 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Foreman grill isn't for me and I can't really decide who or what exactly it'd be good for. It's a nice electric grill that heats up quickly and can easily grill enough burger patties for a family of four. The pedestal allows it to be used outdoors so you don't stink up your home or fill it with smoke. The problem is, it doesn't give you a true outdoor grilling experience (or taste). And, you aren't supposed to store it outdoors. If you have room to store it indoors and want to take it outside each and every time you want to grill with it, I guess that's OK. For me, however, this is a pain and very inconvenient. I'm more likely to use this particular Foreman grill without the pedestal, indoors. But then I can just use my large grill pan on my stove. So what's the point of this indoor/outdoor Foreman? I dunno. I suppose it might be nice for those that really don't want to use charcoal or propane.

Dickies Men's Performance 11 Inch Flat Front Bi-Stretch Short, Slate, 34
Dickies Men's Performance 11 Inch Flat Front Bi-Stretch Short, Slate, 34
Price: $28.75
10 used & new from $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sold on its looks, but very comfy, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like these shorts a lot, even though I'm not completely sold on its looks. I find them very comfortable to wear and the fabric doesn't wrinkle like my cotton shorts do. It also looks like it'd handle stains better than cotton shorts. They're priced fairly too and if you like the way they look, you'll probably really like them because of how comfortable they are.

Jenga Quake Game
Jenga Quake Game
Price: $19.99
10 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting variant that doesn't stack up to the original, July 19, 2015
This review is from: Jenga Quake Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Jenga Quake is a variant of original Jenga that doesn't really stack up to classic game. The random tremors add a dimension to the game that seems a bit gimmicky to me. My kids and I tried it out, but didn't take long for us to get bored and frustrated. Also, the plastic pieces make an annoying clangy sound when they fall. I'm partial to the wooden pieces myself. I don't see us taking this one out too often for game nights.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20