Profile for Ed > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 209

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ed RSS Feed (San Francisco Bay Area)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dickies Men's Performance 11 Inch Flat Front Bi-Stretch Short, Slate, 34
Dickies Men's Performance 11 Inch Flat Front Bi-Stretch Short, Slate, 34
Price: $29.00
9 used & new from $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sold on its looks, but very comfy, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like these shorts a lot, even though I'm not completely sold on its looks. I find them very comfortable to wear and the fabric doesn't wrinkle like my cotton shorts do. It also looks like it'd handle stains better than cotton shorts. They're priced fairly too and if you like the way they look, you'll probably really like them because of how comfortable they are.

Jenga Quake Game
Jenga Quake Game
Price: $19.99
13 used & new from $11.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting variant that doesn't stack up to the original, July 19, 2015
This review is from: Jenga Quake Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Jenga Quake is a variant of original Jenga that doesn't really stack up to classic game. The random tremors add a dimension to the game that seems a bit gimmicky to me. My kids and I tried it out, but didn't take long for us to get bored and frustrated. Also, the plastic pieces make an annoying clangy sound when they fall. I'm partial to the wooden pieces myself. I don't see us taking this one out too often for game nights.

Play-Doh Crazy Cuts
Play-Doh Crazy Cuts
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $13.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun set for kids, July 17, 2015
This review is from: Play-Doh Crazy Cuts (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My kids had a lot of fun messing around with this Crazy Cuts set. Unless they tossed them out by accident, I didn't see any directions on what each of the pieces were supposed to be used for. There's a diagram printed on the box that shows how to put the chair together and how to put the characters into the seat and get the "hair" to come out. To get the leftover Play-Doh out of the characters' heads, we had to use a baby spoon to scoop it out. It was pretty messy to clean up afterwards, but that's par for the course with Play-Doh in general.

Dickies Men's Performance Flex Cargo Short
Dickies Men's Performance Flex Cargo Short
Price: $29.69 - $55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shorts, July 17, 2015
These may be my favorite shorts at the moment. The fabric blend keeps the material cool, yet comfortable in warm weather. The front pockets are deep enough to hold my iPhone 6 and keys without worrying about them falling out. They fit as expected and look really nice. I was pleasantly surprised and did not expect Dickies to make shorts that I'd like. They're reasonably priced too, so I may end up buying the other color just so I have two pairs.

Eton American Red Cross FR1, Multi-Powered, Smartphone Charger, Weather Alert Radio and Flashlight in One
Price: $44.99
5 used & new from $39.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid emergency radio/charger/flashlight, July 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Eton FR1 is a solid little emergency radio. It also includes a clock, alarm clock, LED flashlight, and 2A USB charger for smartphones and other USB devices.

The build quality of the FR1 feels a bit cheap. The plastic looks durable enough, but I was hoping that it'd be easier to grip. The black parts are not rubberized, though, they are grippier than the rest of the casing. It's not enough to help avoid the awkward cranking. The radio tunes in stations I tried pretty well, even without pulling out the antenna. The sound is about what you'd expect from a small radio and is fine. The LCD clock lights up when you press the Band button so you can see it at night. The 3-LED flashlight is bright and should be useful in emergencies.

The coolest part of the FR1 is the USB charger, IMO. You can charge the battery inside the FR1 using a regular USB charger, then use the FR1 as an emergency battery to charge your smartphone. Now, if you keep the FR1 in an emergency kit and only plan to use it in emergencies, chances are the battery will have drained unless you regularly keep it charged up. While the battery can be charged up using the manual crank, Eton claims it'll take 4 minutes of cranking to get about 1 minute of talk time on "most" smartphones. So yeah, you're probably not going to charge up that smartphone with the FR1 just so you can keep playing Minecraft or Candy Crush, but in an emergency, you should be able to eek out some quick texts or calls. And that's the whole idea of the FR1, right?

Miro CleanPot Cool-Mist Humidifier and Aroma Oil Diffuser - (Bowl included)
Miro CleanPot Cool-Mist Humidifier and Aroma Oil Diffuser - (Bowl included)
Price: $139.00
8 used & new from $113.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Sort of solves one problem, but introduces others, July 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The biggest selling point of the Miro CleanPot is that it's easy to clean. And while it's true that the water reservoir is easier to clean, the CleanPot introduces some other inconveniences.

First of all, this is an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier. Unlike the warm mist machines, this unit does not get hot and is safe to touch. If you have little ones, that's something to consider. The daily output is just over 2 gallons of moisture, which is about the same as the Crane Drop Shape humidifier I've been using for the last few years. I've learned over the years to use filtered or purified water in the humidifiers for more efficient operation and easier cleaning. During the winter, I use a humidifier regularly to help my kids when they're sick. It's true that the tank-style humidifiers require regular maintenance and are a pain. I like that the CleanPot's open water tank--basically a big bowl--can just be rinsed out and washed in my sink without having to mix in vinegar and letting it sit for 30 minutes. However, you still have to clean the actual humidifier (the part that floats in the bowl). You have to take it apart and remove a fan and the part that creates the mist, then put it all back together. When you consider the effort required to clean the humidifier part of the CleanPot, I find it only marginally more convenient than cleaning a tank-based humidifier, if at all.

The open tank also has the disadvantage of inviting dust and other debris to enter the ultrasonic humidifier. I don't know if it'd be harmful in any way, but it doesn't make me feel real comfortable either. The other problem I have with the open tank is the possibility of spills. Again, I primarily use humidifiers for my kids and I prefer not to stress about whether they may accidentally knock over the entire bowl of water. At least with a tank-based humidifier, the water spill would only include the water that was released into the base.

My kids aren't sensitive to noise when they sleep so a humidifier doesn't disturb them. The Crane tank-based one I have is fairly quiet and on occasion makes the "glub-glub-glub" sound when the water is being released to the base from the tank. Unfortunately, the CleanPot makes a continuous dripping noise like something is leaking. As someone who has experienced water-damaged floors, it's a bit unnerving.

The last problem I have with the CleanPot is that it has too many cables and is kind of a mess. My Crane has a single power cord and that's it. I plug it in and the cord is easy to move out of the way. The CleanPot has a separate control module that needs to be plugged in to the wall, then another cable that needs to be plugged in from the humidifier. The included water bowl already takes up a lot of surface space, but now we also have to place a separate control module next it? And the cords are all on top of the surface too. I don't care how it looks as much as I'm concerned that the cords will get yanked by accident or get tangled up.

I'm glad someone was willing to take a risk and think outside the tank, but it's not as nice or practical as you might think. I think a variation of it where the bowl has a top piece that fits over it would be better. I still like the idea of the floating humidifier, but put the controls on the base and close it up. Also? This costs way too much.

Pre de Provence Soap Shea Enriched Everyday 300 Gram Extra Large French Soap Bar in Beafutiful Gift Box- Pierrevert
Price: $16.99
10 used & new from $14.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious bar of soap, June 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife tried this soap and liked the scent and said that it left her skin nice and soft. The bar is at least twice the size of most normal-sized bars. The price of the bar is also much more than we'd normally spend on a bar of soap and despite its nice scent and moisturizing abilities, we probably won't be able to justify buying another bar. If the price doesn't scare you, however, it's a good bar of soap and one you might even keep in your guest bath to pamper your guests.

Belkin MIXIT 6-Inch Metallic Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c and iPod touch 5th Gen (Silver)
Price: $22.74
5 used & new from $19.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable and tangle-free at a premium price tag, June 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Belkin braided lightning cable looks great and works perfectly, but is very expensive. Most lightning cables cost much more than their micro-USB counterparts in part, because of the dedicated processor built into the cable tip. However, the Belkin costs more than many other 3rd party cables.

I like the 6-inch size for use with the charging port on my alarm clock to keep my night stand neat and tidy. The 4-foot cable is great for my car so when I roll the cable up and put it away in my console, it doesn't get all tangled up the next time I need to use it. The braided cord is great for reducing tangles and adds durability, but the 6-inch cable isn’t going to get tangled, at least not to itself. I see the benefit of the braided cord on 4-foot cable, but probably isn't necessary on the short one.

Wenzel Traveler Pack, Black, 23 x 12 x 13-Inch
Wenzel Traveler Pack, Black, 23 x 12 x 13-Inch
Price: $60.40
4 used & new from $48.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge capacity and interesting features at an affordable price, June 18, 2015
This review is from: Wenzel Traveler Pack (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Wenzel Traveler Pack is OK if you're looking for this type of backpack. The fabric doesn't feel extremely durable, but the pack is also inexpensive. It has a huge capacity of 3,000 cubic inches for the main pack and another 600 cubic inches for the detachable daypack. It should easily fit most items for a 2-3 day trip. The organization pocket is very deep, but the zipper doesn't open very wide, which makes it hard to see inside the pocket. The "padded" laptop sleeve isn't padded on the bottom so I'd recommend using a separate laptop sleeve instead.

The Traveler Pack has a lot of pockets and some interesting features like the detachable daypack and aluminum frame. I'm not entirely sure how durable it is, but at its low price, it's not a bad place to start if you need a pack like this.

Viva Sol Premium Hook and Ring Game
Viva Sol Premium Hook and Ring Game
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and understand, but hard to play, June 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The game is simple to set up and gameplay is easy to understand. However, it's pretty difficult to actually get the ring on the hook. I mounted the target outside, because I didn't want my kids to mark up the walls when they missed. Again, mounting it was easy with the included hardware. Unfortunately, I didn't look at the recommended age for this game; it's much too difficult for my young kids. My wife lost interest after a little while too. As a family, we enjoy the bean bag tossing games a lot more, but I could see this being entertaining for older kids and those that have the patience for this type of game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20