Profile for Adam Jackson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam Jackson "Lover of Technology" RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

iRobot Roomba 700 Series HEPA Replenishment Kit
iRobot Roomba 700 Series HEPA Replenishment Kit
Offered by leadservc
Price: Click here to see our price
15 used & new from $13.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Knock-off doesn't even work, October 3, 2014
Ordered from shoppingzone2014 it shipped from China and took 2 weeks to arrive (strike 1), the packaging was not official iRobot packaging but just all of the parts shown in the photo, thrown into a non-padded mailer envelope and sent USMail. No instructions, no proper packaging. (strike 2).

The bristle brush and other parts were put into the Roomba 770 I have and this part doesn't work. It's too short for the slot. (strike 3) I replaced it with the original bristle and it fits perfectly. The roomba does not work with the bristle that came with this unit.

Not to mention, the amount of bristles are at least half of what the OEM part has that came with the Roomba. I'm not asking for a refund because everything else works fine and I'm not going to ship this thing back to China but I certainly won't be ordering from this reseller again.

DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless
DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless
Price: $171.72
55 used & new from $99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, November 21, 2012
I purchased this in October of 2011. just over one year after purchase, the machine is dead.

I used it twice a week so an average of 100 coffees per year made. Still, twice so far, I have descaled the machine (once every 50 coffees) and have cleaned the broiler, parts and ultimately kept the machine in good condition. I'm a single adult and take care of my things so I was sure to follow all instructions.

The frother is terrible. It puts more water dripping into your cup than steam / froth. Buy an external frothed
Heat up times are terrible
The cup warmer barely gets lukewarm (you need to pour espresso into hot cups..not cold ones)
Most of the machine is plastic

....and, like many have already indicated, the machine is not built to last. It's a gift you get for your kid's first apartment in the city to keep them from spending $5 a day at Starbucks. Eventually, they stop using it.

I should have spent $600+ on an espresso machine but I spent $150 and this is what I deserve.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2012 11:43 AM PST

Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw 1038 Square Inch Charcoal Grill / Smoker
Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw 1038 Square Inch Charcoal Grill / Smoker
Offered by Brookstone
Price: $219.99
10 used & new from $152.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One Year Later - Amazing Grill, May 22, 2012
I bought this a year ago for a big 4th of July cook out in our new house. Grilled 2 whole chickens, 5 pounds of steak and bacon on the lower bit and grilled corn on the cob on the top rack. It takes a full bag of charcoal to cover the entire floor of the grill but you can just use as much as you want and cook on a small part of it for two people. Only fill up the whole grill if you are cooking for 10+ people.

Unit arrived perfectly. Assembly was easy. Curing and cleaning is great. Easy to clean if you take care of it. I've used it ONLY for grilling (not smoking) and it's an exceptional product. The price is perfect, too.

Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
Price: $47.99
54 used & new from $32.34

3.0 out of 5 stars Great unit for 13 months., November 1, 2011
I was skeptical with this when first ordering it but needed a grinder and was low on cash. $50 is what I paid and I used it every other day for the full 13 months. I ground beans for drip, pour-over, chemex and french press and it was great.

Randomly the other day it stopped working and I now have a Bodum Grinder that was $70 and so far so good. for $40, I think it's a great deal!

These Hopeful Machines
These Hopeful Machines
Price: $13.99
48 used & new from $2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Setting the Tone for trance music in 2010!, February 2, 2010
This review is from: These Hopeful Machines (Audio CD)
Brian delivered some amazing electronic albums in the late 90s and in the early 2000s. Then, in 2003, Emotional Technology, Movement in Still Life and This Binary Universe took a new approach to electronic music and the clubs didn't quite soak it up.

For good reason. Personally, I think those albums are fantastic but they were experimental, new and broke out of the traditional trance mold.

As I attended BT's shows and started hearing singles from the upcoming album, These Hopeful Machines, it was clear that Brian was bringing things back to basics but I wasn't quite sure how he would deliver...

These Hopeful Machines is a new era in electronic music. Brian has taken every phenomenal aspect of his entire catalog and applied it to this album.

1. The vocals, pop appeal and ballad level lyrics that we love in the album, Emotional Technology
2. The stutter edit effects that made up This Binary Universe
3. The build up and release that we danced to on IMA and ESCM.
4. The guitar and "live" feeling that Movement in Still Life" gave us

Brian took these aspects and modernized it all for this new decade and its the perfect dance album for 2010!

My favorite tracks: (in order)
Suddenly
Emergency
A Million Stars
The Unbreakable

Brian also teamed up with some amazing DJs to deliver fantastic remixes that you can buy as a seperate digital album on iTunes.

BT hit a home run! I've listened to the album 6 times today and will listen to it 20 more times before the week is over. I'm in love and will have a hard time going back to his old albums because everything I loved about those records are in These Hopeful Machines.

by Dom Sagolla
Price: $14.81
83 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lesson in Style - Shortened, October 2, 2009
I've read the book, 140 Characters, twice now and have become a better user of social media because of it. In my generation, we grew up with Myspace and blogging and the idea of social networking is just as common as a cell phone. all of my peers use Twitter but there was something missing.

I was a user but I knew there was more to this and more that could be learned to effectively broadcast my message of "what I'm doing" to nearly 4 thousand followers. Dom Sagolla helped make that happen.

Sure I'm friends with Dom and may have gotten a copy of the text early but that doesn't mean I didn't learn something and now want to shout if from the rooftops.

140 Characters is for a person who is new to Twitter or who just celebrated their 3rd year of using the service. Of course, users of Facebook and Myspace aren't excluded. this book helps readers cultivate their story, engage their audience and capitalize on Twitter's impossible message limitations.

I say "impossible" because that's how I felt when joining Twitter. "140 characters? How am I going to post what I'm doing in such a small space?"

Well, over time, I adapted my own style and continue to improve on that. Dom's book merely took my hand and opened a few more doorways to explore. There are styles & processes that I never would have used and the only way to go beyond "using Twitter" and "mastering Twitter" is to read 140 Characters, stopping often to try what you just read.

The Kindle version is cheaper, portable and works on iPhone or Kindle. It's a great way to get the book NOW. However, the layout and design of the print version is excellent as well. Get both! :P
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2013 5:53 AM PST

Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lesson in Style - Shortened, October 2, 2009

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great informative website, June 21, 2004
A good site for mac or PC users. they have great opinion articles and reviews. They are always first to post the most important news.