Profile for dethgirl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"dethgirl" RSS Feed

Protection
Protection
by Jack Kelly
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars phenominal work of fiction, April 29, 2000
This review is from: Protection (Hardcover)
This is the best book I have ever read ..... I have never read a book that is so much based on every day life that kept me gripping on each page for the next event.... Read this book 5 years ago and still have not found an equal ..... all I can say is -- " AWSOME " ......

Great Southern Trendkill
Great Southern Trendkill
Price: $5.99
161 used & new from $0.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm, January 25, 2000
This is a good cd. Kinda mellow compared to Vulgar and Far Beyond, butit's got that heavy touch to it. It's a great cd, but I recommend Vulgar Display of Power overall. My Fav songs on this cd: "Suicide note Pt II" and "Living Through Me (Hell's Wrath)" Pantera's my favorite band, and also I own their Pre-Phil Anselmo cds "projects in the jungle" and "metal Magic" which is nothing like more recent Pantera (it's more like Skid Row and Motley Crue) but if ur a hardcore Pantera fan and would like to hear these cds...email me at DethGrl4x4@aol.com

The Descent: A Novel
The Descent: A Novel
by Jeff Long
107 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, January 25, 2000
This review is from: The Descent: A Novel (Hardcover)
I ordered this book from my book club with some skepticism. I only wanted a new book to read and this one sounded OK. Was I suprised when I started reading it! The very begining is very intense! It has lots of twists and turns. I couldn't put it down most of the time. I've never read anything form Jeff Long, but, man, is he descriptive! I felt like I was right there with the people in the book. I could picture everything like I had watched it in a movie! I would've given it 5 stars, but I didn't find the ending very good...it was so abrupt! But all in all I'd still read it because the story itself was awesome! And u never know, maybe he'll write a sequel to make up for the ending.

The Worst Witch (The Movie) [VHS]
The Worst Witch (The Movie) [VHS]
17 used & new from $3.72

5.0 out of 5 stars My Childhood Fav!, January 25, 2000
This movie is so clever and original! I love the part where they're in the chemistry lab trying to create something and it's this pretty bright green color 8) and the part where Mildred gets her cat (all witches have black cats, so when the girls get they're cats passed out, they all get black cats, but Mildred is left to recieve the only one that isn't black- so what does she name it? 8) Blacky of course!) but my most favorite part in the whole movie is where they're playing this game where ˝ the girls wear a red banner and the other ˝ wear blue and they have to hide and find each other. I love Tim Curry's song about Halloween 8) it used to give me the creeps....but it's not scary 8) don't worry. This movie is great for kids....and it teaches a good lesson (can't tell you or it'd ruin the movie). It inspired me as a little kid and my sister and I loved it so much as kids that my sister nicknamed herself Ethel (after one of the characters Ethel Hallow) and I named my daughter Maud (after Maud Warlock) I definately recommend this movie to anyone who has kids or that loves movies that're cute, comical, and can be learned from. This is the BEST

Alice Through The Looking Glass [VHS]
Alice Through The Looking Glass [VHS]
Offered by CoachMike-Autism
Price: $11.69
23 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars OH MY GOD!, January 25, 2000
U know.....it's so weird to read everyone else's reviews and find that so many people had the same problem as me 8) I saw this movie when I was very young, my mom had taped it for me, and I'd watched it everyday! But unfortunately my dad thought the Miami Hurricanes was a more important thing to have on tape and thus recorded over it. That's when I was in 3rd grade. Here it is, 12 years later and I've finally found the version I was looking for. It was impossible to find and no one else I know has even heard of this version. If u want to see this movie, order it now, cause I know first hand that it's impossible to find anywhere else. It's and excellent movie and u will not be disappointed! It was my favorite movie whne I was younger, and this version is 300Xs better than the Disney version. Your children will probably like this one better. It includes mnay scenes not shown in other versions. There's the scene with the baby that turns into a pig, the scene where the woman turns into a lamb, a train scene, 2 different characters telling the story of the Walrus and the Carpenter, the scene with the unicorn and lion with the cake, a scene with Humpty Dumpty, and the best scene of all, the JABBERWOCKY!
This movie is great, I don't know why it's so hard to find. But it will definately spark a whole new universe to a child's imagination. I can't wait til it gets to my house!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2014 11:36 PM PST

Second Coming
Second Coming
16 used & new from $23.92

2.0 out of 5 stars Ehhhhhh, January 24, 2000
This review is from: Second Coming (Audio CD)
It was ok...there's a few good songs on it....my favorite Shotgun Messiah cd is Violent New Breed. It was awesome as hell. If anyone has, or knows where to get this cd PPLLEEAASSEE email me Dethgrl4x4@aol.com

Killer Klowns from Outer Space [VHS]
Killer Klowns from Outer Space [VHS]
Offered by videovaultdotcom
Price: $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie and Better Soundtrack!, January 24, 2000
I have't seen this movie in years but it is awesome! It's so cheesy, but the klowns look awesome, they're so creepy looking! And the best part about the movie is that MR BUNGLE did all the background music.....Mr Bungle is awesome, they have the most weird, creepy, circus music anyone could've eveer written 8)

Poltergeist [VHS]
Poltergeist [VHS]
Offered by ReFind
Price: $9.99
23 used & new from $2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Movie!, January 24, 2000
This review is from: Poltergeist [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I first remember watching this movie when I was about 3 or 4, it came out when I was 1.....but ever since I've seen it, it's been my favorite movie of all time! I've watched it literally thousands of times. I could watch it every day of my life and I would never get sick of it. It's so freaky to put urself in the family's position, and think of what it might be like to be in their situation! It's like no other horror movie. If ur thinking about buying this movie and have never seen it before, don't worrying about getting nothing for ur $$. it's well worth it and I can garuntee u'll love it. There is not 1 person I know that doesn't like this movie. IT'S THE BEST!

Spectre [VHS]
Spectre [VHS]
Offered by Eli 2000
Price: $24.98
13 used & new from $3.88

2.0 out of 5 stars I own it and never watch it, January 24, 2000
This review is from: Spectre [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I first saw spectre when I was in the video store looking for a new horror movie to see....I've been watching horror movies for as long as I can remember and I love scary movies....I've seen so many, that Amazon has only a few listed that I haven't seen......I can definately say that this movie suxx.....Poltergeist is my favorite movie of all time, and Spetre copies it totally.....the begining is interesting and the only reason I give it 2 stars is that the parts that aren't of Poltergeist r very original and extrememly awesome. But as the movie progresses, the more it loses the originality it has and the more it looks like an Irish version of Poltergeist. I don't know why it's priced as it is .....that's a ridiculous price for this movie...and it's interesting to show to people.....I knew it wouldn't be a good movie though when I first rented it, because it hadn't been released in theaters, it went straight onto video. That's reason enoguh not to buy it.