Profile for T. Do > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Do RSS Feed

Casio Men's PAG240T-7CR "Pathfinder" Triple-Sensor Multi-Function Titanium Watch
Price: $172.99
20 used & new from $155.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great function watch, September 15, 2011
To summarize: light, useful, can take muzzle blast from an AR like a champ.

I was searching for a good function watch (as opposed to luxury/dress watch) to wear actively and casually. More specifically, I needed a solid digital watch that could withstand a lot of activity and wouldn't crap out on me (worth noting that analog watches don't take muzzle blasts very well).

First thing I noticed about the Pathfinder 3246 was variety of features Casio managed to stuff into a wristwatch. Of course, half these tools may not have an immediate need but, much like any toolset, it's better to have the tools ready and available than not. Second thing I noticed is the generally positive reviews that Amazon users gave the product and it was enough to sell me.

Took two days for the item to be shipped to me, technically one since I got the shipping invoice a day before it arrived at my doorstep. First thing I noticed was how much bigger the face was. Most everyone in advertising sizes up their products to look larger than they actually are, like Big Macs or... stuff, but the Pathfinder 3246 did surprise me. Suppose a big face is to be expected with all those features.

Being a Houston native, I find myself using the compass feature more often than I should. Directions can be a bit confusing in a big city and the compass definitely helps, and it's amusing as hell.

Do plan on reading the user manual if you decide to purchase this product, but if you're a guy like me ya probably do that anyway.