Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for NYC Mom > Reviews

Browse

NYC Mom's Profile

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

NYC Mom RSS Feed (NYC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Catastrophe Season 1
Catastrophe Season 1
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars The only bad things I have to say is that I hate ..., November 24, 2015
The only bad things I have to say is that I hate watching 6 episodes and be left hanging! The idea that I have to wait a year+ to see the next episode kills the pleasure of having enjoyed the series so much.

Witty, witty, "smart" Bridget Jones angle on relationships. Acting is superb. Highly recommend.

What Other Couples Do
What Other Couples Do
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 24, 2015
Fun, great dialogue. Hits a lot of issues young families face. Good acting.

Coclico Women's Santana Slide Pump, Ringo Black, 37 BR/6.5-7 N US
Coclico Women's Santana Slide Pump, Ringo Black, 37 BR/6.5-7 N US

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, edgy and comfortable!, September 20, 2015
I can't believe how comfortable and well made these shoes are. Fashion forward, edgy and comfortable---wow! So glad I tried Colico--first time and will buy more in the future. They are made in Spain with nice details. So hard to find shoes made in Europe at this level, at this price point. Delighted to be able to buy these on Amazon---I am Prime so it was a no brainer. If you are borderline between two sizes, I would recommend going up a half size.

Belle by Sigerson Morrison Women's Wagner Bootie
Belle by Sigerson Morrison Women's Wagner Bootie

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes!!, September 20, 2015
I ordered a half size up as one of the reviewers in the Q&A recommended and she was right. These are fantastic shoes and super comfortable. The heel is just enough to give you a bit of height without sacrificing a bit of comfort. Great with pants, cropped pants/culottes and dresses/skirts. A great sexy way to wear a bootie/shoe. Highly recommend and getting them from Amazon is a huge bonus! My first "fashionable" purchase from Amazon and so looking forward to discovering more

Ball Wide-Mouth Plastic Storage Caps, 8-Count
Ball Wide-Mouth Plastic Storage Caps, 8-Count
Price: $6.22
47 used & new from $2.00

1.0 out of 5 stars MADE IN CHINA. Beware., May 26, 2015
I bought these so I could use my Ball jars for food storage in a more convenient way. Like a lot of people I am using glass to store food because of health concerns. The fact that Ball jars are made in the USA is a huge selling point. Imagine my surprise to see that these lids are MADE IN CHINA. Beyond disappointing. Really, what a miss. Customers who care about using glass want a made in the USA product. I am returning these.

The Cosmopolitans
The Cosmopolitans

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool new show...would love to see more, September 6, 2014
This review is from: The Cosmopolitans (Amazon Video)
Intrigued by the plot line. This could be the next Sex in the City! So great to see Chloe Sevigny in this role. Looking forward to more episodes.

Dr. Hauschka Melissa Day Cream, 1.0 Ounce
Dr. Hauschka Melissa Day Cream, 1.0 Ounce
Offered by Beverly Hills in California
Price: $22.00
32 used & new from $13.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Best daytime moisturizer for oily skin, March 8, 2014
I have tried so many with not much luck. I wear this every day. it's light--a little goes a long way. I have never broken out and it always does the job. On my 4th tube now. If you have sensitive, oily skin, this is your cream. Also quality, natural product by Dr. Hauschka.

Globonz Deluxe
Globonz Deluxe
2 used & new from $55.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best toys ever!, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Globonz Deluxe (Toy)
I bought this for my son 10 years ago. He played with it multiple times a week for 4 years. Each play session resulted in different creatures. The variety was endless, the glow in the dark, icing on the cake. Of all of his toys, only his train sets, rival it for longevity.

Flash forward, I put it away for many years. Took it out recently for my 4 year old, a kid who plays very differently from his older brother, and again, the same magic.

There's definitely something about this toy that's very special. And unlike other building toys, you never feel like you need more pieces. The pieces are unusual enough that it encourages creative problem solving but anchored in the world of child imagery so they can build along familiar lines.

Really a hallmark toy. Should be studied!

Hamilton Beach 33967 Set 'n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, Silver
Hamilton Beach 33967 Set 'n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, Silver
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $60.65
33 used & new from $48.52

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved It Until It Stopped Working; Would Pay 4x for a Made in USA reliable slow cooker, December 30, 2013
It worked great for a two years and then I too became a Hamilton Beach victim. A pricey piece of meat went in in the morning of a holiday and when we came home in the afternoon---ice cold. The panel lights up, you go through all the motions, it pretends all is well and then, nada....ice cold crock.

Now why would I want to pay $50 for something that lasts 24 months and then spends multiple lifetimes in a landfill decomposing? I mean I spend more than that in ingredients for two slow cooker meals. Why not make a great product and charge people a real price?

I still know people with working crock pots from the 70s. I wonder why? Could it be that they were made responsiblely in the US and not in China destined to become disposable appliances?

This was my first Hamilton Beach product and now it's my last. Seems kind of foolish considering the cost of acquiring a new customer.

Sadly, if you look at all the reviews for the slow cookers it seems every product as a significant cluster of lemons thus the prominent 1 star reviews. I am sure they are all made in the same Chinese factory.

Consumers are not idiots. Companies that will return to quality manufacturing and stand by their products will be tomorrow's leaders. We are all coming around to understanding that sometimes a cheap product is your worst enemy. I am sure when my parents bought a slow cooker in the 70s it represented a greater % of their monthly take home pay than one does today. And that's why it last decades.

Bormioli Rocco Frigoverre Square Glass Food-Storage Containers with Lids, Set of 3
Price: $24.90
5 used & new from $24.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Want to love them, really I do, September 18, 2013
I bought so many of these both in Italy and at the Container Store. I have the blue and the white. I love the design and I love the sizes. Wish they would merge with Pyrex and have them design the aesthetics and pyrex manufacture the actual items. The glass breaks, a lot. Scary. Every time it tumbles, it shatters, unlike Pyrex. I have had them explode in the microwave--beyond frightening. And gook gets trapped in the lids and they are hard to clean. They are so pretty you really do want to love them but the execution is highly flawed. Reluctantly I am phasing them out (not hard to do with over 8 broken!!!) and moving over to ugly Pyrex.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3