Profile for Rebecca > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rebecca RSS Feed (Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pet King Brand Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution for Pet Ears, 1.25 Ounces
Pet King Brand Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution for Pet Ears, 1.25 Ounces
Price: $16.15
17 used & new from $10.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Fabulous, Works Fast and Works Great -- and The Dog Likes It, Too, June 30, 2014
Wowzer. I cannot believe I have taken this long to share with everyone here about how FABULOUS these ear drops are for my pups!!

I have used these Zymox Otic Enzymatic Pet Ear drops for several years now. I keep a supply on hand, I never want to be without a bottle.

I have a lab-mix who is susceptible to ear problems, and a couple of times a year we face him having an earache. Allergies? Change of seasons? (in Texas, we have humidity and all sorts of crazy weather.) The vet has given all sorts of reasons for my boy's ear problems and the vet has charged a lot of money for this advice.

Thing is:

1. These ear drops work.

2. These ear drops work FAST. The problem may take a week or so to go away, but there's immediate relief (sleeps better) and a significant improvement (less messing with his ear, peppier) within 24 hours.

3. Vet recommended, and MUCH cheaper here at Amazon than other places (like the vet or the fancy pet supply store).

4. Reasonably priced and expiration date gives you around a 2 year window to use up the bottle you buy.

5. My dog LIKES to have the drops put into his ears. That's right -- saving the best for last. At night, when he sees the Zymox bottle come out, he lays down on his fluffy bed and actually turns his head for me to dose his ear with the drops.

This is a dog who thinks he could drive the car if only he could reach the pedals, so for him to respond like this to these ear drops is perhaps the best recommendation I could provide here.

I highly recommend this product.

Vetri-Science Laboratories Canine Plus Supplement for Pets
Vetri-Science Laboratories Canine Plus Supplement for Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dogs Will Eat Them Like Treats, and 5 Other Great Things About These Vitamins, June 30, 2014
Look, first things first, it's not a fight to get the dogs to take these pills. And if you have finicky pups like I do, then you know that this is a MAJOR deal.

(Well, fine. I have always called them "treats" but it's not like my really, really picky dog buys into that little con of mine. He's caught me trying to trick him into one too many meds under the smiling promise of "treat" to blindly accept whatever I put out there as a food reward. Dangnabit.)

My pups love the taste of these pills. It's a pleasure to offer the Vetri-Science Lab supplements to them every day.

Now, for the responsible dog-parent part of my review:

1. I have noticed a much shiner and glossier coat with these supplements on both my pups since we began using these supplements.

2. These are products made in the USA and after having a dog poisoned by a Chinese jerky treat (survived without long term harm, thank God), this is extremely important to me.

3. The bucket lasts a long time, so I'm not re-ordering every time I turn around. I hate to get those containers that are half-filled with cotton (don't you?) and that's not the case with Vetri-Science.

4. This supplement contains both vitamins and minerals as well as enzymes - a better combo than I could find in any other product online in my research (and if you know of a better one, I'd love to hear about it).

5. I feed my dogs a home-cooked, human-grade, no grain diet and these supplements contribute to that diet plan (in case I'm not covering all the bases, which my recipes claim to do).

Thing is, my super-picky dog sometimes turns his nose up at a meal and knowing that he's going to scarf down his "treat" vitamin that day gives me comfort that he's still getting some good stuff in his system even if he's stubbornly holding out for that chicken I baked last night (for me).

I highly recommend these supplements for dogs -- and I only wish that MY vitamins came in a way that I looked forward to them as a daily "treat" like my dogs do. The serious tail wagging when they see the bucket come out onto the counter may be the best review I could share with you all.

Duck Dynasty Season 1 [HD]
Duck Dynasty Season 1 [HD]
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Duck Dynasty on ROKU, January 19, 2014
I watched the entire first season of Duck Dynasty via Amazon Prime Video and my ROKU streaming TV - catching up, since I didn't watch the show when it first appeared.

Every episode makes me laugh more than once - these people are so funny!

For those like me who didn't see the first season of Duck Dynasty, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Sure, there are fewer Robertsons in the first season (2 sons now, 4 sons later) and the show is just getting its feet wet (pardon any duck pun here) but these first few shows are still delightful.

Highly recommended!

Columbo Season 1 [HD]
Columbo Season 1 [HD]
DVD
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Columbo never gets old, love love love this show, December 20, 2013
I re-watch Columbo periodically just for the pleasure of Peter Falk's acting, as well as seeing the guest stars (I think I've had a crush on Jack Cassidy all my life, even though he usually played a cad or worse).

It's interesting to find that there are fresh tidbits in the episodes even now, things I enjoy and discover even though I've seen these shows time and again. I'm never disappointed.

Huge fan of Columbo, wish every single episode was available to watch. If you haven't seen this show, please check it out. It's a real pleasure for mystery fans as well as lovers of sleuth shows.

Osteo-Pet Total Joint Care for Dogs - Glucosamine Chondroitin, MSM, Hyaluronic Acid, Boswellia and more - 60 Chewtable Treats
Offered by Marvelous Products
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $20.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Answered Prayer, Seriously, August 26, 2013
I was so worried. My 11 year old Border Collie / Lab mix was feeling lots of pain in his hind legs and it was a horribly sad night back in May when, for the first time since he came home with me from the shelter at 6 weeks old, he couldn't jump up on the bed. Dog lovers understand why I cried that night. And why I went and got online for help that very evening.

I found this product and read lots of good reviews. We started on a regimen as soon as possible, and I also continued to make sure that he was getting the best food possible (grain free diet), as well as Omega 3 and top of the line vitamins with enzymes.

It's now August 2013 and I'm thrilled to report that the change is amazing. He's chasing squirrels! He's running again with his sister pup and he brings his ball to me and drops it, ready to play fetch. He jumps up for his dental chew treat just like he did as a puppy. It's like he's gone back in time, body-wise.

My boy is not only pain-free but he's having so much fun these days. It's a joy and a wonder to watch him frolick in the back yard again, and to have to hold hard on the lease when the ducks come close during our walks at the park.

And it's these pills that have made all the difference. Thank you for this product, Osteo-Pet. I am so grateful and while I know that I don't have as many years left with my boy as I have already enjoyed with him, these pills are making the time we have left together so much more, so happy happy happy if you catch my drift.

Answered prayers here in Texas. I highly, highly, highly recommend this product.

Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Percolator
Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Percolator
Price: $36.42
47 used & new from $23.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, hot coffee in the morning., December 5, 2012
I didn't realize how great a truly hot cup of coffee was, first thing in the morning, until I ditched my Mr. Coffee drip and replaced it with "Mr. Perky." Wow.

Coffee tastes better, it stays warm in this coffeepot for my second cup when I'm ready for it, and it's made entirely of metal. No plastic.

I remember long ago, my Aunt Wilma had a percolator similar to this one but about three times as big (or at least it's huge in my memories). She used that thing for years and years and years. Always had a pot brewing, and whenever someone came in the door, she was ready with a cup, a saucer, and her percolated brew.

Today, I'm using mugs at my desk but I'm thrilled to have my own percolator. It's made my mornings a wee bit better, and I think you might like having a percolator in your home, too. Good coffee, dependable and fast.

Complaints? The only thing I can report as a disappointment is the sound. Aunt Wilma's percolator was made by Corning Ware, its body was white with the little blue flower on it, and it made a cozy perking sound as the coffee brewed - and you could see the coffee as it brewed through the little glass dome handle on the top.

I can't see or hear the brewing. Miss that.

Love my Mr. Perky, though! Highly recommend it!

- Reba Kennedy

Roku HD Streaming Player (Old Model)
Roku HD Streaming Player (Old Model)
Offered by HALF TIME
Price: $65.00
33 used & new from $39.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing!! So much more, for so much less. Great, great product., December 5, 2012
It's been a month now since we cut our cable connection and have relied solely on our ROKU for TV entertainment. It's been fabulous, and we're still as excited as kids in the candy store about this product and what it does for us.

1. Hardware

Setting things up on your TV is fast and easy. Couldn't be simpler.
It's small, no big eyesore. Cute little thing.
The remote is simple to use, too.

2. Software

What do you get? Well, there are lots of free channels but we're using Netflix, HuluPlus, and AmazonInstantVideo the most. Netflix most of the time.

Roku never fails. Make your selection, the selection loads, and you're off to the races. Smooth.

3. Shows/Offerings.

Each of the non-free but inexpensive ROKU channels (Netflix, HuluPlus, AIV) has its own personality, and Amazon needs to get with the program on offering a big selection of Prime Videos, but heck. I'm looking for things to complain about really, so you don't dismiss me out of hand as being insanely swept up by this thing.

Because I am. I am swept up in an infatuation with all things ROKU. Nope, this isn't a paid review or anything like that.

Here's the thing: television to me should provide entertainment or education when I choose to use the devise. Period. Roku allows both of these things without the expense that cable television charges ... and importantly, without the commercials.

It is so, so wonderful not to have all those ridiculous commercials floating around in your head. (Well, except for the Mayhem commercials by State Farm, I've always laughed at those. Haven't seen one in a month, though! Ha!)

Roku and streaming television may not offer all the latest episodes: CBS is conspicuous in its absence, for example. New episodes of NCIS were something given up (for now) when cable was cut.

Don't miss it. Why? It's not like there isn't quality programming on Roku. There's lots of it. More than what I was offered before via cable's selection of channels.

The Smithsonian Channel offers great stuff, free, for example. BBC stuff like The Tudors series and Masterpiece (Poirot, D. Abbey) is on Netflix. Revenge from ABC is still available, just on Monday nights. Part of the fun of ROKU is discovering new, great things that are high quality. Great movies, great TV series that just aren't on the cable company's selection of channels -- they are too filled up these days with all those reality shows. (Though those are available too, if you're into reality TV.)

I'm rambling. Bottom line, the hardware works like a charm. The programming is fabulous and more is being added all the time. What we don't get, we don't miss. And we're saving $100+/month by cutting cable.

I love my Roku soooooo much. I think you will love it, too.

Roku really is so much more for so much less.

- Reba Kennedy

Maxell 16X Write-once DVD-R Spindle - 15 Pack (638006)
Maxell 16X Write-once DVD-R Spindle - 15 Pack (638006)
Price: $4.79
71 used & new from $4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive but not cheap, this pack did the job., December 5, 2012
Okay, fine: the truth is that I got sick and tired of my new computer constantly reminding me that I needed to create a backup of its essential (Windows) software, even though I've been hit by terrible viruses in the past and know how important it is to create a backup. That's the reason I bought these things.

Trying to keep the task as painless as possible, after one too many irritating waving-flag reminder I surfed my way over to Amazon and searched for the cheapest set of DVDs for the job. I just wanted enough disks to do a backup on a desktop and a laptop. And I wanted free shipping, and I wanted to spend as little as possible.

So, I chose this Maxell 15-Pack. And it worked great. I do have more DVDs than I needed for the two backups, but not that many and I'm sure I'll find a use for them in the future.

No more warnings of dire consequences if I fail to backup. It's done.

No big hit to my pocketbook: these DVDs were reasonably priced. Inexpensive but not cheap.

And they came to my door for free, which circumventing my procrastinating at going out to buy DVDs for backing up everything. If I had to venture forth to a brick and mortar store to buy these things, I'd still be growling at the warnings. Convenient.

I highly recommend them.
PS Have you backed up your computer yet ????? LOL

Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise: A Novel of Bright's Pond
Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise: A Novel of Bright's Pond
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Charmer and a New Author Find, September 5, 2011
Having never heard of this author before, I scooped this ebook up on a whim during her Kindle promotion, where it was offered for free. You know how that goes: sometimes you find a gem, sometimes not. I lucked out here, boy howdy.

Uncategorically, I am happy to share with you that I found Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise to be a true charmer, and the promo did its job: I've already put Joyce Magrin's name on my Authors to Follow list -- and I'm getting the first in the Bright's Pond series next week (Charlotte's story, I've learned, is the second in a four-part series).

I think you'll like Charlotte Figg, too. Here's why:

1. It's well-written. So much so, that I was surprised to discover this author's name wasn't a pseudonym for a more prolific and established writer. Nice vocabulary, no eye-stumbles over bad grammar, no big plot holes. Nicely done.

2. It's funny. I chuckled over Charlotte and the rest of the characters (who I hope to read more about in future books), especially Lucky the Dog and Rose Tattoo and Hazel.

3. It's got some meat on the bone. Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise deals with serious issues - here, spousal abuse - tactfully and compassionately and with a Christian perspective that isn't a hard sell. You don't have to be a born-again Christian to read and appreciate this book (tho I am, and I was thrilled with how faith, prayer, and spiritual issues like sacrifice and forgiveness were dealt with here).

4. It's a believable plot with believable subplots that jive nicely. The setting of a trailer park threw me for a minute, especially when softball was added, but it was my problem not the book's and I'm glad to report that I wasn't overwhelmed with sport statistics that are foreign to me nor was I faced with the all too often off-putting "trailer trash" attitude toward mobile home parks. Paradise is a nice community, and I never once got lost in all the softball talk.

5. It is one of those books that is hard to put down. For me, this is a great thing. I stayed up until two o'clock Saturday morning to finish this book, and I wish that all the books that I pick up had that kind of holding power.

Any cons to this read? Well, I was surprised to find that the author didn't share any of the recipes for all the pies that Charlotte baked throughout the storyline. And this con isn't enough to keep me from giving this read five stars. I liked it a lot, and I think you will, too.

- Reba Kennedy

3M Adjustable Notebook Riser (LX500)
3M Adjustable Notebook Riser (LX500)
Price: $31.99
60 used & new from $22.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, Stable, Economical Shelf That Gets The Job Done Beautifully, August 22, 2011
It's not the prettiest and it may not have all the bells and whistles of other risers, but this thing does exactly what I need it to do - hold my laptop at eye level so my neck, shoulders, and arms don't hurt while I work - and it does this while keeping my computer running cooler than it would otherwise, sitting on the desk. Add to this that (1) it has a great little storage area where I can store my wireless keyboard as well as a notepad, and (2) it has two side-shelves (or wings) where I park my wireless mouse and phone, leaving me even more free desktop space, and I am as happy as a bug in a rug with this thing. And that's before considering the very reasonable price and the free shipping. I really, really like this thing and if you are looking for a strong, stable, economical shelf to hold your laptop atop your desk, then I highly recommend you purchase this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4