Profile for Grandma > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Grandma RSS Feed (Council Grove, Kansas, US)

Mini Encyclopedia of Chicken Breeds and Care
Mini Encyclopedia of Chicken Breeds and Care
by Frances Bassom
16 used & new from $8.11

5.0 out of 5 stars A great chicken picture book., March 4, 2013
I bought this book for a care home in rural Kansas. I hoped for colorful pictures of a variety of chickens and I was not disappointed.
I think there will be several residents who will enjoy the pictures possibly identifying the kind they had at home.

Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
by Judith Durant
Price: $14.57
97 used & new from $4.07

1.0 out of 5 stars Crochet vs. Knit, March 4, 2013
I was looking for sock yarn hats or shawls to crochet. I carefully examined the cover and written material. I did not see "knitting" anywhere. I was satisfied that it was crochet. I ordered it. Later seeing other books by this author I noticed they were all books about knitting. Naturally I was disappointed that I had ordered it in error. Looking through the book I see there are one or two patterns using crochet, neither was useful to me. So I am still looking for crochet patterns using sock yarn.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2013 9:52 PM PDT

Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms
Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms
by Stuart Murray
63 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Senior Citizen Picture Book, December 6, 2012
I do volunteer work at a care home for non-medical residents. I am always looking for picture books for adults. The Norman Rockwell books are perfect. His nostalgic paintings of ideal American life can be comforting, can bring forth memories. Some of his books have more paintings, some more words. I like the ones with more paintings since most of the residents don't read anymore. I love the fact that a number of his books are available at Amazon as used books and very inexpensive.

Goodnight iPad: a Parody for the next generation
Goodnight iPad: a Parody for the next generation
by Ann Droyd
Price: $11.11
220 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad trumps storybook, December 5, 2012
My son's family is electronically gifted. Coming home each one sets his telephone on the coffee table. Two have iPads. So this book was enjoyed by all. Lots of laughter as they all had been read the original book.

Jukem Football Card Game - Made in the USA.
Jukem Football Card Game - Made in the USA.
6 used & new from $15.98

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY TO PLAY, December 5, 2012
I gave this game to my 13-year-old grandson, a dedicated football player. His mom said it was a good game. They all enjoyed it.
They live in another state so it's a great feeling to have a present well-received.

Usborne How to Draw Lettering - Paperback - Ages 12 and Up
Usborne How to Draw Lettering - Paperback - Ages 12 and Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Best poster-making book ever, December 5, 2012
As a grandmother of 3 middle school grandchildren living far away from me I wanted to send each a lettering book for making posters. Middle school is prime time poster-making time. This book fitted my needs. If anything it had too many ideas in it. So it will be used clear through high school.

60 pc. Heavy Weight Stainless Steel Primrose Flatware Set; Service for 12
60 pc. Heavy Weight Stainless Steel Primrose Flatware Set; Service for 12

5.0 out of 5 stars The flatware was as advertised, December 5, 2012
It was heavtweight as advertised. Usually inexpensive flatware is lightweight and appears fake. I was glad I took a chance and believed the advertising.