Profile for K. Robertson > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2001

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Robertson RSS Feed (southern Virginia)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
InterDesign Una Bin, 10 by 6 by 6-Inch, White
InterDesign Una Bin, 10 by 6 by 6-Inch, White
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice small utility bin!, July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Really like the design and size of this little bin. Perfect for the back of the toilet, on a pantry shelf, or for any narrow space. Love the two "handles" built on on the sides, making it easier to pick up. I have skeins of yarn on their ends in mine and it holds 6 small ones nicely. More than one can easily fit side by side. This bin is what I call "rubberized" and is not made of that plastic that will break if you have butterfingers like I do...it's somewhat flexible and not rigid.

Arms Open Wide: A Call to Linger in the Savior's Presence
Arms Open Wide: A Call to Linger in the Savior's Presence
by Sherri Gragg
Price: $13.59
86 used & new from $4.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Stories based on Bible verses., July 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I appreciate the intentions of this book, it just wasn't something that is for me. The daily readings reminded me of the Hallmark Channel where stories seem to be intended to bring your emotions to the surface, and that is not my idea of Christian reading. For example, there is a passage that one is to read after reading the scriptures regarding Jesus raising a widow's son from the dead. The book reads: "She dressed in the garment, buried her face in her hands, and began to weep. Deep, agonizing sobs shook her frame as she twisted trembling fingers into her hair. Then as the crescendo of wailing filled the air, she ripped a fist full of hair from her scalp and released it to the floor." This goes on and on, describing this woman's grief with hair pulling, ashes, screaming.... The when the child is risen by Jesus, the story abruptly ends.

I'm sure the author's intention is bring Bible verses/stories to life but this is not the way I like to worship God.

Iams Grain Free Naturals Chicken and Garden Pea Dog Dry Food, 9.3-Pound
Iams Grain Free Naturals Chicken and Garden Pea Dog Dry Food, 9.3-Pound
Price: $18.97
4 used & new from $18.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Another quality IAMS product., July 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been feeding my dogs (and cats) various IAMS products for a very long time now, and I am halfway through this bag with my older mini-pin. He immediately started eating this food when offered....and he is picky. He has occasional problems with constipation and I've noticed that he is a bit better with this particular food. I always try to feed him veggies from my plate because of the constipation and as I know that he enjoys them, so I like that this food has several types of veggies and fruits. I feel this is a high-quality food for my little guy.

Arriba! Pineapple Chipotle Salsa and Peach Fresco Salsa Combo Pack, 16 Ounce Jars (Pack of 4)
Price: $27.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy salsas!, July 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Oh my goodness, these salsas are delicious! I am a big fan of fruity salsas and these are really wonderful for my taste. These are really good to use for cooking (I use for a marinade sometimes for chicken and also to add to stir fry veggies for a little flavor and heat), as well as just for dipping with chips. I've had other peach salsas before and this one is the best by far....nice heat and good amount of peaches in it.

PhysiciansCare 90484 ANSI Compliant First Aid Kit with Eyewash, 78 Pieces
PhysiciansCare 90484 ANSI Compliant First Aid Kit with Eyewash, 78 Pieces

4.0 out of 5 stars Great basic emergency kit., July 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Everyone needs a basic emergency kit and this seems to be a really good one. I was surprised with the inclusion of rubber gloves, but this is a great supply to have. Most of the products are Physicians Care brand...like adhesive bandages, ointment, instant cold pack, eyewash, and more. The adhesive bandages were good quality and flexible (I'm wearing one right now). Nice pair of really sharp angled scissors, and really like the plastic tweezers, although they are pretty flimsy--would replace with better metal ones if using this kit on a regular basis. The kit itself is waterproof with a silicone seal...never seen that before in a first aid kit.

There is a small first aid instructional booklet included. Being contained in a compact kit like this, it has to be brief, and it seems to cover most emergencies you might encounter. I have to say that the arrangement of the booklet could be better, as most people will be upset and shaky leafing through it in times of stress, so there should be more bold type and clearer direction to getting you to the type emergency you are having. I would highly encourage the owner of the kit to read through the booklet when they initially get the kit, and then periodically as time goes on, and not wait til it is needed.

The Chopped Cookbook: Use What You've Got to Cook Something Great
The Chopped Cookbook: Use What You've Got to Cook Something Great
by Food Network Kitchen
Price: $20.94
82 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel more edumacated about food now., June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Most cookbooks don't educate. I love that this one teaches you the bare basics of how to cook with factors such as "richness" and "brightness" in mind...those things that judges on the show talk about, but I never understood very well. There is a section at the beginning of the book that I found very helpful entitled "What Makes a Winning Dish?"' and then followed by pantry stock-up suggestions with the goal in mind of having your dishes meet the basics that the judges are looking for. I'm not known for "balance" in my cooking but I'm working on it.

Recipes are very simple as far as ingredients, which I think is in keeping with the show, as chefs need to work with what they have. The book also includes questions answered by the judges and the host, tips and techniques on side bars, and lovely photos of recipes.

No, it's not a cookbook about competition as is the show, l but I think it's an excellent companion.

Granite Ware 0730-2 Pressure Canner/Cooker/Steamer, 20-Quart
Granite Ware 0730-2 Pressure Canner/Cooker/Steamer, 20-Quart
Price: $71.99
15 used & new from $61.19

4.0 out of 5 stars An updated "old-fashioned" pressure cooker/canner., June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This pressure cooker and canner is an update/upgrade from the traditional "rattling" ones, in that it is made a light weight anodized aluminum, but still has that weighted valve...actually two...that rattle when proper pressure is achieved. This a huge capacity canner and can hold up to 7 quart jars. Not only can can beans, tomatoes, peaches, etc., but you can make a huge pot roast in this thing....I love multi-tasking kitchen equipment. And beyond that, I made a huge batch of soup on the stove, using it as a large stockpot (without the lid and pressure).

One thing that other reviewers haven't mentioned is how hard the lid is to get on for someone like myself with limited strength and arthritis in my hands. I have to literally put in much lower than my body and lean on it to get it twisted into place. At least you know the seal is tight! You can actually hear the air escaping as you push down on the lid and the silicone seal does it's work.

Also I'm concerned that the coating on the interior where the lid twists on has already worn off in some places after several uses. I don't foresee that the coating on the inside where the rack fits will hold up with repeated use, and I don't like using cooking vessels with rubbed off coating.

Genuine Joe GJO02149 2-Ply Low Density Can Liner, 30 gallon Capacity, 0.70 mil Thickness, Black/Brown (Case of 250)
Price: $28.95
8 used & new from $25.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, but maybe this is what you want., June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are advertised as "low density" and that's just what they are. See-through, able to be punctured with just average effort, and with an oddly-shaped bottom that I see little use for, I can only think these bags are for paper shreds or something extremely light and bulky. There are no drawstring ties or flaps at the top, and no twist-ties included...a negative. I can't see these for home use, with normal everyday trash from the house, but I have seen businesses use very thin bags like this...personally, I thought it was being cheap and didn't impress me. Why not spring for bags that hide the balled up tissues, used paper cups, and candy wrappers?

I got a sample of 3 bags, and really I'm glad that I didn't get the advertised 250.

OXO Good Grips Bladed Meat Tenderizer
OXO Good Grips Bladed Meat Tenderizer
Price: $19.99
10 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars How do I love thee...let me count the ways!, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love OXO...hands down, I must say. So I was happy to test out this meat tenderizer. I don't cook a lot of beef but my brothers do and this proved to be excellent at tenderizing steak, to my liking for sure. As others have stated, it works by breaking down the fibers in the meat without adding anything like meat tenderizing "powder" to it or having to marinate overnight...definitely a more natural alternative and a time-saving one as well. I never thought about using this for anything other than beef, but it works so well for chicken breasts. I just use this little thing on whatever meat I'm cooking, add whatever seasoning I like, and then start the cooking process. The needles are held up into the acrylic plate at the bottom until you press down and the indentation on the meat from that plate helps you to know where you have pierced the meat so you can move on and cover the entire surface. I love that the needles lock into place, via the button on the top, for storage and to be safe around kids.

A great, useful cooking tool! And, oh yes, it's easy to clean by taking the whole thing apart and is dishwasher safe.

Lorex BB1811 Wireless Baby Monitor with Color Screen and Talk-to-Baby Intercom, White
Price: $98.99
31 used & new from $84.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor but range is not as long as expected., June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the third monitor we have tried for our infant, and has proven to be the best overall. The two-way talk feature is so helpful to have even though our baby wakes up quietly and looks around for quite a time before really stirring....that's when it helps to have the camera to be able to check on her. She seems to like the little night light feature, so that's nice to have. Picture is clear, and night vision is good, even though monitor is small....gets the job done.

Other reviewers have mentioned of the features in detail, so I will just mention that the range is no where near where they state that it is. Going to the mailbox in the front of the yard shows that it is out of range. And going into the basement is not possible either. But other features, and just the general quality, of this monitor offset the range problem, and this is really a first rate monitor at a really good price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20