100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing STEM Toys & Games
Profile for MojeeMoj > Reviews

MojeeMoj's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MojeeMoj RSS Feed (Beaumont, TX)

Audubon Green World Calendar 2012: A Year of Eco Adventure (Picture-A-Day Wall Calendars)
by Workman Publishing
Edition: Calendar
9 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tranquility At A Glance!!, March 2, 2012
Every year I agonize over the advisability of wasting money on a calendar; I have two on my computer, that are not only free, but shoot me little email reminders of appointments and the like. Thus, they're very practical and admirably fulfill the very purpose of a calendar: keeping track of stuff and your life. But they're as cold as slate: a daily reminder of our mechanized civilization; nevertheless, they're free and, since I'm a wall-calendar kinda guy, you don't have to continually yank them down to log your future encumbrances: an exercise I started avoiding, anyway, because I didn't want my scribbling to pollute my 2011 Audubon Songbird-a-Day calendar. So, I had a piece of artwork to cover that patch on the wall in my little study, and figured I'd just stare at birds again when I needed a shot of tranquility.
I didn't work: I was accustomed to having a new theme each year; so, in late January (the time to buy: they're generally half-price!), I went Amazon calendar-shopping and hit a bonanza: the Audubon Green World Calendar. Not only is it gorgeous, with a new location each month, and daily snapshots of serenity (my re-defined purpose for having a calendar), but--unlike their bird edition--it'll probably be dramatically different next year, and each year thereafter. Annual mental anguish solved: spend ten bucks for countless priceless jolts of tranquility.

Large Lambskin Leather Double Zipper Shaving Toiletry Bag In Black
Large Lambskin Leather Double Zipper Shaving Toiletry Bag In Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for just a few bucks, June 15, 2011
The only reason I'm writing this review is because this is the type of item that a guy generally needs, but just hates to have to buy: we consider it an absolute waste of dough--but we, unfortunately, gotta have one. Before I bought it, I poured over the very few reviews of the several reasonably-priced "shaving/travel" bags, hoping for some guidance, and swearing I'd leave a review, so maybe the next poor slob won't be forced to just take a flyer on one, like I did. Fortunately, I (we) lucked out: not only do I have a great little bag, but you can save yourself some anxiety by taking my word for it that you won't be disappointed. I needed mine to cart around my bartending junk, but it's nice enough to serve a variety of other uses, that may be a tad too high-profile for your typical "shaving bag". I still hated to part with the dough to buy it, but you do what you gotta do--and its quality assures me that I won't have to do it again for a long time.

WOW!PAD 8DG55 8.5" Diameter Graphite Tech Mouse Pad
WOW!PAD 8DG55 8.5" Diameter Graphite Tech Mouse Pad
Price: $12.01
6 used & new from $8.83

5.0 out of 5 stars You Gotta Get One!!, June 10, 2011
I normally wouldn't waste my time over such a trivial purchase, but these WOW!Pads are simply wonderful! I don't even know any of those "Gamer" people, so I have no idea what their mouse-pad demands are, but I've got a "thing" about mice and their little pads--had (have) a bunch of both. Christ, the things don't cost much, so I just kept on buying, searching for rodent utopia. A pair of Logitech M305's (these guys are amazingly cheap for the quality) solved the principal problem, but their scampering was restricted until I stumbled on these WOW!Pads. These little guys are slick! And all you have to do, to keep them that way, is shoot a little Windex on them, run the mouse over the liquid, wipe them both down, and the little rat shoots wherever you want it to. If the round shape annoys you, or you're looking for something more aesthetically-pleasing, the company also has a line of rectangular ones, featuring renderings of famous art works; the surface is somewhat different, but my mice are quite fond of their Monet.

Vado Pocket Video Cam B-Stock (Silver)
Vado Pocket Video Cam B-Stock (Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Little Toy!!!, October 25, 2010
Since I avidly digest consumer reviews, I feel duty-bound to share my experiences with products. I waited a few months to share my thoughts, just to see how this mini-camcorder would perform. I paid a grand total of $43 for it; purchasing it, solely, to record action memories of my dogs. I must confess that I located the item while perusing the Creative Labs (the world's finest manufacturer of reasonably-priced computer speakers) website; I figured, if Creative makes it, it can't be too bad--in spite of the alarmingly-low price, and the fact that, I believe, this was a discontinued, or superceded, model.
No matter: it works great!! I am, by no means, a shutter-bug, so I haven't even bothered to explore the various nuances of the device. For example, one of the review questions asks you about zoom capability: the toy may have it, but I haven't looked for it. If I want a close-up of my babies, I just get closer. Sophistication is not my intent; all I want are some videos of my dogs in action. Nevertheless, this option may be a feature on this model.
What I can tell you is that it shoots wonderfully-clear videos, with remarkably-clear audio: an aspect I wasn't even expecting! I didn't discover this bonus until I loaded the videos on my computer (it's so easy!) and watched a couple to make sure I had done it correctly.
All you do with this machine is push a button and, looking at the screen, aim it--and get your fingers out of the way. It charges through a USB port in your computer; and, when you want to download, you just plug it in and copy the videos. It's amazing (at least to a positively casual photographer, like me)!!

Logitech M305 Wireless Mouse (Silver)
Logitech M305 Wireless Mouse (Silver)
Offered by IsaacTronics
Price: $64.00
9 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Wonderfully!!, April 30, 2010
I, like the guy whose review is listed first, bought this mouse elsewhere, only because the one that was part of a Logitech mouse/keyboard combo suddenly got very lazy, and I needed a replacement that day. Anyway, I've had the M305 for three months of active use, and couldn't be more pleased with it. Get one, they're very inexpensive; and it doesn't get any better than Logitech!

From New Orleans
From New Orleans
Price: $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have for Wolf Fans!!!, April 15, 2010
This review is from: From New Orleans (MP3 Music)
With all of the collections, re-issues (authorized or not; actual album, or just borrowing the cover), etc. of the Blues Masters, it's difficult to locate different recordings (the holy grail of the aficionado) of their classics that are not available, in one compilation or another, elsewhere--and that a collector (nut!) simply must have. With this "From New Orleans" album, I believe I've hit pay dirt!! Whether it was actually recorded in New Orleans, and with what assemblage of sidemen (whoever they are, they're good!), who knows? What matters is these are sharp, crisp recordings from a most vibrant and enthusiastic Wolf, and, thus far--in my skipping around what I just downloaded--they are not only different (the novelty!) from the many versions I have in my collection, but they are superb renditions of Howlin' Wolf classics.

Go Nutz
Go Nutz
3 used & new from $485.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless, Yet Overlooked, Classic!!, March 16, 2009
This review is from: Go Nutz (Audio CD)
When new-wave (British & American) music exploded on the scene in the late Seventies, Herman Brood managed to squeeze out some US airplay with what is now a very difficult to locate version of "Saturday Night": the one that appeared on the US version of the import album "Shpritsz" (See the Amazon customer reviews of that masterpiece). This Ariola vinyl, titled "Saturday Night", elevated the "Dutch Elvis" (Elvis should have been this talented!!) from cult status in his own country to potential international star; it sold moderately well--considering the plethora of new-wave, new-music releases and the limited promotional clout of his label. Budding Herman fans--and the critics!--awaited his follow-up.
Once again, read the reviews of "Shpritsz": they are quite incisive, and mirror my opinions. The music in that classic IS classic: it's 70's updated 50's rock 'n' roll: raw guitar, bass and drums, and Herman on "Little Richard-style" piano. Other than the drug-related nature of the soul-bearing lyrics, what is there for a rock 'n' roll critic to pan?
But Herman loved 1960's American soul music; so, for his next US release, he (or his producer) added background-singing chicks, and amped up the production a tad. Other than the title song, I positively loved (love to this day!) "Go Nutz"; besides "Saturday Night" and "Rock 'n' Roll Junkie", the best of Brood is on this album--and two, "Easy Pick Up" and "Laurie", are only available on this CD.
But, for some inexplicable reason, the critics (or a critic, who knows?) panned it--and Herman retreated to Holland, and started painting. But how often do you agree with professional critics? Listen to an amateur one: buy this CD!! Take advantage of Amazon's special offer, which includes "Shpritsz": you'll really like it. You'll love "Go Nutz".
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2011 5:30 AM PDT

Offered by IMS Distribution
Price: $13.60
35 used & new from $4.34

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece!!!, March 16, 2009
This review is from: Split (Audio CD)
Not only this band's finest effort, but a masterpiece by any hard-rock standard!! And, as a bonus (which is why you want to buy the CD, rather than download it from Amazon), you get live performances (the band's forte) of four of the tracks.
For some reason, the two Groundhogs albums that charted best, when originally released ("Thank Christ for the Bomb" and "Who Will Save the World"), are hailed as classics by many reviewers, but don't waste your time on them. They really sound dated , and the lyrics are pedestrian, compared to the psychological wisdom displayed on all but the last two studio tracks of "Split": "Junkman" is a throwaway tune, while "Groundhog" is a marvelously-done old blues number. Speaking of which, any of their live albums that contain "Mistreated" are worth the price of the CD, just for that song.
After you give "Split" a few thorough plays, move on to their live stuff, which is the essence of the Groundhog experience: which is Tony (T.S.) McPhee, and whatever sidemen he enlists for the gig. (The best overall live performance, I've located, is "No Surrender": the one issued by Magnum of America).

Logitech S520 Cordless Desktop Keyboard and Laser Mouse (Black/Grey)
Logitech S520 Cordless Desktop Keyboard and Laser Mouse (Black/Grey)
8 used & new from $19.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Mouse; Clunky Keyboard, March 2, 2009
Although my XP-equipped cheapy Compaq desktop works just fine, I just had to have a computer that runs on Vista--so I bought another cheapy Compaq. Naturally, I just had to have another cordless keyboard-mouse combo, right? Although I really like the Logitech S510 that operates the XP computer, it has an "optical" mouse; I just had to have a "laser" one! So I bought the comparably-priced S520--and I love the mouse; I didn't realize how beautifully-designed is the S510 keyboard, until--in order to use my precious little laser mouse--I had to contend with its cumbersome mate. Although it's really not a big deal, the layout of the S520 keyboard is unfriendly; I imagine it'll do everything the S510 does, but I don't have the patience to investigate--because the keys are so obnoxious: they bounce, and you have to stroke them with authority, or they won't register.
Well, you can imagine what has happened with my two computer, two keyboard-mouse combo impulsive investment (Naturally, I also just had to have a second monitor; I won't bore you with that story): I'm comfortable with XP, so the Vista is used basically to play music (for some reason, using the same speakers, the sound quality is remarkably better). And, since they are undetachable, in order to use the S510 keyboard with the S520 mouse, both combos wind up being connected to the XP computer; so, when I want to use the Vista computer, I have to turn the bloody thing off (why do you have to do that?) and plug-in one of the combos--and turn the thing back on.
Long, dull story short: buy the Logitech S510 combo!!