Profile for ausfox > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ausfox RSS Feed (Washington DC)

Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Price: $11.57
148 used & new from $4.83

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect low-fat vegan cookbook!, November 3, 2011
I own all of Ms Moskowitz's cookbooks, but Appetite for Reduction was the last one I purchased because I (mistakenly) thought that I had no need for it. Her other cookbooks have so many great recipes and with so many vegetable sides and salads already on offer I thought I did not need a low-fat cookbook. After hearing such great things about it I went ahead and purchased my copy and I can tell you that I definitely do not regret it!! I have made a number of salads for both vegans and omnis, all to rave reviews. The balsamic dressing in particular is so easy to make and so well received. My kids also love the Apple-miso tofu - which is not a small thing, since they can be some picky eaters! There are also a lot of pasta recipes, which is my kids favourite type of foods.
There is such a large variety of recipes in this book that you are definitely guaranteed to please. It's become a much used cookbook in my house.

Fat Brain Toy Co Reptangles
Fat Brain Toy Co Reptangles
Offered by UnlimitedBaby
Price: $30.44
37 used & new from $19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great imaginative toy, December 29, 2010
This review is from: Fat Brain Toy Co Reptangles (Toy)
We gave this to our 5 1/2 year old son and he just loves it. It occupies him for quiet awhile and he has been coming up with inventive ways to put the turtles together into cubes, flat designs, etc. He also follows the ideas in the instruction booklet that come with the toy. I think it is a great educational toy that encourages creativity.
Other reviews mentioned that the little grooves that click the turtles together can become weak. We haven't had this problem as yet, but we haven't owned the toy for very long. They seem sturdy enough to me.
Only downside I would say is that it can be fairly tricky to get the turtles to snap together sometimes - though this is my complaint, not my son's. He seems more than happy with it.
It is such an innovative toy, I would highly recommend it.

Creative Co-Op Metal Birdcage Card and Photo Holder, Rust
Creative Co-Op Metal Birdcage Card and Photo Holder, Rust
Price: $39.99
5 used & new from $39.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, December 29, 2010
I wanted something to hang on the wall to display a decorative pack of cards and thought that this bird cage would be an interesting way to hang them on the wall. We were a little concerned that the size was too big (it is quiet large), but once it was up on the wall it didn't look too big at all. I love it, it looks just like in the pictures.