ARRAY(0xa9481fe4)

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Trent Vaughn RSS Feed

Mizuno Men's Wave Inspire 7 Running Shoe
Mizuno Men's Wave Inspire 7 Running Shoe
Offered by The Jogger's Corner
Price: $109.99 - $129.99

1.0 out of 5 stars huge disappointment, March 15, 2011
I've been running in the Mizuno Wave Inspire for several years, probably been through about a dozen pairs. I just bought the Wave Inspire 7 and what a huge disappointment. I hate the new redesign. The new higher cut makes this shoe feel more like a hiking boot than a running shoe. In fact, the right shoe rubs against my right ankle bone so badly that I simply can't use it. My right ankle bone throbs after a few miles in this shoe. So, even if you have been using the Wave Inspire for years (or perhaps especially if you have been using them for years) make sure and try these shoes out very carefully before you purchase. Unfortunately I didn't, so I spent over $100 on a pair of shoes that will soon be donated to the used-clothing store.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2013 5:35 AM PDT

The Pursuit of Glory: The Five Revolutions that Made Modern Europe: 1648-1815 (Penguin History of Europe)
by T. C. W. Blanning
Price: $17.60
106 used & new from $2.34

2.0 out of 5 stars basically kind of boring, December 14, 2010
I recently picked up this book at the library and took it on vacation. Generally I enjoy reading history, and I thought it might be a good book for reading on the plane and when relaxing on the balcony. But wow ... I just found it to be an incredibly dry tome, chock full of facts and quotes and names of places, but without much interest or any real soul. I only made it about 1/4 of the way through and then I ditched it for another book.

Sometimes you're just not in the mood for a certain book, and maybe it turns out that I wasn't in the mood for history after all. Maybe if I gave this book another try in a few months I might like it. But as of right now I would say that I've read several history books that really make history come alive, and that entertain as well as inform ... and this definitely wasn't one of those books.

As an alternative, my favorite European history book is still Palmer/Colton's History of the Modern World. Of course, that book weighs about 5 lbs, and is not something that you would want to carry along on vacation.

Classics Explained: Brandenburg Concertos 4 & 5
Classics Explained: Brandenburg Concertos 4 & 5
Price: $18.61
11 used & new from $9.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, June 13, 2006
I own a couple of these Naxos "classics explained" series, and I really enjoy them. They really go in-depth -- it's basically a bar-by-bar analysis of the piece. The booklet that accompanies the CD's is also very worthwhile.

One piece of advice: if you are going to listen to these tapes, I highly recommend that you also get a copy of the full score. Most scores (including the Brandenburgs) are now available for free on the internet. It's a lot easier to understand the CD's if you're also following along in the score.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed in P&G, June 13, 2006
Here is a comment that was recently posted on an RDH board that I belong to. It summarizes very well my feelings about this product:

"I was really excited about Crest Pro-Health Rinse when it first came out, and I was recommending it for about 5 or 6 months before I stopped. I saw with my very own eyes that Crest Pro Health Rinse STAINS VERY BADLY....I'd even go so far as to suggest that it stains as badly as peridex in some patients. Sure, the stain can be polished away, but only on the smooth surfaces....the stain settles into occlusal grooves and around dental restorations and anterior composites and LOOKS TERRIBLE and there's nothing I can do to remove it and I feel horrible that I was the one who recommended it, and that I didn't even warn them that it might stain their existing dental restorations. (because I didn't know. Thanks Crest!)

Also, staining isn't just a "little problem" it takes away valuable, needed calculus removal time from a hygiene appointment, and also the patients don't like the appearance of the stain that accumulates in between hygiene appointments. (And I can't blame them)

There's no way you can convince me that Crest isn't aware of the staining associated with Pro-Health rinse, and yet they warn no-one....not even dental professionals. They won't even admit to it. Because of this deceitfullness, I'm hesitant to even recommend it AT ALL, even with a warning...I wonder just what else they aren't telling us about the rinse."

Schubert: Symphonies Nos. 8 ("Unfinished") & 9 ("The Great")
Schubert: Symphonies Nos. 8 ("Unfinished") & 9 ("The Great")
Price: $12.78
33 used & new from $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointment, April 3, 2006
The sound quality on this CD is very poor. I usually favor the telarc label because of the excellent sound, but this CD is a big disappointment.

Mackerras also has a version of Schubert's 8/9 on telarc that is much better.